Updates on your 2005-2006 Ford GT, What have you done lately?

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
The most common question is about the holes in the seats and are they comfortable?
Sometimes I tell them initially that they are little speakers. That always gets a WHOA. Then I tell them they are a tribute to the original passive air conditioning technology...

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
When I finally located a new black stripeless Ford GT, macintosh delete, car back in 2006, I called my best friend and told him.

At the time, I was driving my dream car, a highly modified and cherished e39 M5, that was in perfect condition, and also served as a jack of all trades, as basic transportation, track car, road trip car, and car show car.

Knowing that I'd probably never part with it, but that I needed to use the funds if I had any chance of getting a Ford GT, right away, he said, just tell me how much you want for your '01 M5, that he'd buy it from me, that I could drive it anytime I want, and that I should get the GT.

Today, we went to a local car show together, and it was fun to have the two cars side by side. Nice to have the two cars together, but even nicer to spend some time with my good friend.

Seems like an eternity ago, but I'll always remember the gesture.

SageCarShow-0000581.jpgSageCarShow-0000635.jpg

Reactions: Ed Sims

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Went to a local Firefighters Charity Car Show and won a trophy.
Congrats! That is neat and looks like a fire extinguisher (purposefully, no doubt).

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
DG1 - love those Gurney Eagle Coil Covers! Very cool and a nice tribute! Today at the cars and coffee, we talked about Dan Gurney, and how he was everywhere in the community, always with a smile, and just enjoying being the ultimate car and motorcycle guy!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
There's a fun thread in the NFGT forum, and I thought it'd be only natural to have a similar thread here.

Yesterday, Sept. 11th, a deep and solemn day for sure.

Also, the exact anniversary of my original purchase date, 12 years ago, of my black stripeless 2006 Ford GT, new in the wrapper.

A friend invited me on a tour of the new Karma Automotive (Formerly, Fisker Automotive) facilities in Irvine.

Last time I was in this 262,463 SF building was when it was occupied by my former corporate board member Kawasaki when I worked for the Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) and used as their headquarters before their move to Foothill Ranch. Karma Automotive purchased it for their own rebirth, for a whopping $56.25 million. Took a tour yesterday with friends and learned a lot of interesting things in the engineering dept., unfortunately, none of which we can talk about or share pictures of, due to NDA.

I went to tour the facility and parked in the regular Visitor Parking, and a maintenance worker came by and from a distance, blew a bunch of leaves onto my car. He was horrified, but I told him no worries (the car was not readily visible from where he was). I just asked if he could kindly blow them off. Some employees came over and told me to park in a special place right in front of the building. Then a bunch of executives and staff came out and enjoyed the GT and ask questions. It still surprises me that some, even car enthusiasts or car industry folk, have not yet seen a Ford GT in the flesh.

Funny, I really didn't want it to be all about the GT, since I was visiting them. But, such is life with the GT. It'd be like bringing Emilia Clarke to Gal Gadot's wedding and not having people sneak glances at either.

Let's hear your recent daily stories! Please share your experiences!

Attachments

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Went and joined the McLarens at a sneak preview of the Hobbs and Shaw spinoff from Fast and the Furious. Saw barely any connection to the Fast and Furious story lines, perhaps my fan knowledge doesn't go that deep.IMG_4604.jpg

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
Twin Cities
New clear bra. Looks great!

Reactions: GTMD

CampoLady

GT Owner
May 25, 2018
Just got our 05 back from the GT Guy. Now off to the inspection station, then a nick long trip up the
coast of CA

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
New clear bra. Looks great!
Same here! Now the entire car is protected against the evils of the road!

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
This - the total opposite of the thread title, lol! What have you done to your GT? Not a damn thing!!!!

Car looks awesome and likely IS one of the lowest miles GTs in existence!

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Drove my 2005 Yellow GT to my 60 year high school class reunion yesterday. Bunch of old people there. The GT makes me feel about 25 driving on the twisty back roads of Missouri.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Good Idea Randy and I enjoy random encounters with people that show real interest about the cars however lately you really dont want to hear my stories....

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

Three years ago after our GT's returned from our European/Le Mans road trip my GT went straight to Rich Brooks for several items including painting the front trunk lid which had rock chips. Rich did a great job of course and the car looked fabulous at Rally 12 in Utah until I followed Rich for about 6 hard laps on the track. With the stock supercharger back on my car I was not fast enough nor did I posess the skill to pass so I remained right behind The GT Guy. Great fun BUT......once that session was over I saw that my beautifully painted hood was blasted with rock chips again! Ugh. So my car is back in Rich's shop to do it once more and this time no track days until clear bra is installed. Everything else will be serviced while it's there of course.

Owning the new GT has not diminished my enjoyment of the 2006 GT one bit. I love driving the old car as much as the new one. Cheers!!

Chip

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
totally agree! My 05 is that old "analog" experience with that third pedal, no traction control and supercharged V8! Its a keeper!!

Simon

GT Owner
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Drove my son to a middle school event.

Attachments

CampoLady

GT Owner
May 25, 2018
New Tires, Headers, Tune, and full fluid replacement.

Reactions: steved57

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
... The most common question is about the holes in the seats and are they comfortable? ...
The GT seat does leave an impression!

EdIMG_4116.jpg

Reactions: JWZ and SYCO GT

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
The GT seat does leave an impression!

EdView attachment 57118
I think you meant to say "good impression"!!!!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
... It'd be like bringing Emilia Clarke to Gal Gadot's wedding and not having people sneak glances at either....
Oh noo... Gal Gadot is getting married?

Ed

Reactions: tpraceman

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
Texas
Bleeding Blue in Belize

EFD54D21-06F8-4607-8E85-9CF9134D481A.jpeg

Last edited: