Updates on your 2005-2006 Ford GT, What have you done lately?

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
There's a fun thread in the NFGT forum, and I thought it'd be only natural to have a similar thread here.

Yesterday, Sept. 11th, a deep and solemn day for sure.

Also, the exact anniversary of my original purchase date, 12 years ago, of my black stripeless 2006 Ford GT, new in the wrapper.

A friend invited me on a tour of the new Karma Automotive (Formerly, Fisker Automotive) facilities in Irvine.

Last time I was in this 262,463 SF building was when it was occupied by my former corporate board member Kawasaki when I worked for the Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) and used as their headquarters before their move to Foothill Ranch. Karma Automotive purchased it for their own rebirth, for a whopping $56.25 million. Took a tour yesterday with friends and learned a lot of interesting things in the engineering dept., unfortunately, none of which we can talk about or share pictures of, due to NDA.

I went to tour the facility and parked in the regular Visitor Parking, and a maintenance worker came by and from a distance, blew a bunch of leaves onto my car. He was horrified, but I told him no worries (the car was not readily visible from where he was). I just asked if he could kindly blow them off. Some employees came over and told me to park in a special place right in front of the building. Then a bunch of executives and staff came out and enjoyed the GT and ask questions. It still surprises me that some, even car enthusiasts or car industry folk, have not yet seen a Ford GT in the flesh.

Funny, I really didn't want it to be all about the GT, since I was visiting them. But, such is life with the GT. It'd be like bringing Emilia Clarke to Gal Gadot's wedding and not having people sneak glances at either.

Let's hear your recent daily stories! Please share your experiences!

Attachments

• Karma-7033.jpg
    Karma-7033.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 815
  • Karma-7032.jpg
    Karma-7032.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 816

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Good Idea Randy and I enjoy random encounters with people that show real interest about the cars however lately you really dont want to hear my stories....

Reactions: roketman

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
... It'd be like bringing Emilia Clarke to Gal Gadot's wedding and not having people sneak glances at either....

Oh noo... Gal Gadot is getting married?

Ed

Reactions: tpraceman

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Oh noo... Gal Gadot is getting married?

Ed

Haha! Glad that you got the true take away from the story. And keep those fact checking skills sharp! Glad to know somebody is reading my drivel.

Randy

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Good Idea Randy and I enjoy random encounters with people that show real interest about the cars however lately you really dont want to hear my stories....

Yikes...Take care my friend!

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL

Hope it's nothing life threatening. Everything else is not really a problem, just an opportunity to excel.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Hope it's nothing life threatening. Everything else is not really a problem, just an opportunity to excel.

Amen and I couldnt agree more, in short I lost my black Gt in the floods last year, so not life threatening just a bummer, Randys post reminded me of the tough time going through the process of having to detach myself from the car that brought so much joy, countless hours of working on her, and all the experiences shared while in the car and all the other good times, but as you said time to move on and start a new chapter.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Amen and I couldnt agree more, in short I lost my black Gt in the floods last year, so not life threatening just a bummer, Randys post reminded me of the tough time going through the process of having to detach myself from the car that brought so much joy, countless hours of working on her, and all the experiences shared while in the car and all the other good times, but as you said time to move on and start a new chapter.

Sorry to hear about your floods. 5 years ago this week our town in Colorado was all but wiped off the map. 9/11 to me will not be the memory of the twin towers but the wall of water coming down the river. 100+ homes were lost; many of them I knew and were very good friends. Our house was way above any damage but the town was evacuated for 3 months since all utilities were wiped out. I went back last week for a visit of old friends and some are recovered but many left to find shelter elsewhere, some even intended on rebuilding and returning, but the economics of the Boulder County all but guaranteed that wasn't going to happen. It is now estimated that over 25% of the town's residents (and the surrounding area) didn't live there before the flood.

FEMA will turn a situation that is "all the help you needed" into "all the help you can stand".

Last edited:

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Fort Walton Beach Firefighters Charity Car Show

Went to a local Firefighters Charity Car Show and won a trophy.

Attachments

• FWB Firefighters Charity Car Show, 2018.jpg
    FWB Firefighters Charity Car Show, 2018.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 648

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Sorry to hear about your floods. 5 years ago this week our town in Colorado was all but wiped off the map. 9/11 to me will not be the memory of the twin towers but the wall of water coming down the river. 100+ homes were lost; many of them I knew and were very good friends. Our house was way above any damage but the town was evacuated for 3 months since all utilities were wiped out. I went back last week for a visit of old friends and some are recovered but many left to find shelter elsewhere, some even intended on rebuilding and returning, but the economics of the Boulder County all but guaranteed that wasn't going to happen. It is now estimated that over 25% of the town's residents (and the surrounding area) didn't live there before the flood.

FEMA will turn a situation that is "all the help you needed" into "all the help you can stand".

I don't think it's appropriate to include the loss of almost 3000 US citizens in this post.
We CAN NEVER FORGET!
Mark

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Went to a local Firefighters Charity Car Show and won a trophy.

Congrats! That is neat and looks like a fire extinguisher (purposefully, no doubt).

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Drove my 2005 Yellow GT to my 60 year high school class reunion yesterday. Bunch of old people there. The GT makes me feel about 25 driving on the twisty back roads of Missouri.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Drove my son to a middle school event.

Attachments

• IMG_5071.jpg
    IMG_5071.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 517
  • IMG_5072.jpg
    IMG_5072.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 526

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Nothing, still 100% original 6K miles :)

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Last Charity ride for handicapped this year. All detailed and wrapped up till spring
3fb2f1d4e7213aa1b2d5f74f844a665c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: analogdesigner

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
You need to move to California or Arizona, then you can drive it all year round :)

Reactions: Pettyfan43

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Drove my 2005 Yellow GT to my 60 year high school class reunion yesterday. Bunch of old people there. The GT makes me feel about 25 driving on the twisty back roads of Missouri.

Wow! 60 year reunion! That's awesome. I drove about 900 miles round trip to my 30th reunion. Fun times!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Participated in the Saleen Automotive Show. My black stripeless was awarded Best Exotic among the entries.

Over a decade later, the Ford GT is still the One!

Attachments

• SaleenShow18-3807.jpg
    SaleenShow18-3807.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 240
  • SaleenShow18-3860.jpg
    SaleenShow18-3860.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 239
  • SaleenShow18-3858.jpg
    SaleenShow18-3858.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 238
  • SaleenShow18-3870.jpg
    SaleenShow18-3870.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 233
  • SaleenShow18-3831.jpg
    SaleenShow18-3831.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 231

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Congrats Syco! The '05-06 GT is classic & will always be the hit of any show.

Ed

TORQJNKY

GT Owner
Apr 18, 2013
Chesapeake VA
Won the "Coolest" car award at the Coastal Virginia Indoor Auto Show.

Attachments

• 20181118_174718.jpg
    20181118_174718.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 210
Reactions: extrap and Ed Sims