Updates on your 2005-2006 Ford GT, What have you done lately?

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
totally agree! My 05 is that old "analog" experience with that third pedal, no traction control and supercharged V8! Its a keeper!!
Last of the true driver’s cars. Love it.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Great fun BUT......once that session was over I saw that my beautifully painted hood was blasted with rock chips again! Ugh. So my car is back in Rich's shop to do it once more and this time no track days until clear bra is installed. Everything else will be serviced while it's there of course.

Owning the new GT has not diminished my enjoyment of the 2006 GT one bit. I love driving the old car as much as the new one. Cheers!!

Chip

Putting the "chip" in Chip Beck.

Sorry to hear about the sandblasting! But also sounds like it was worth it! Also glad to hear that the two cars are perfect complements to each other!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Washing the GT with my younger son before we head out to a local motorcycle show.

Took me a while to find the right replacement for the clamshell latch spring bumper, and I decided to try rubber grommets. (The factory piece was starting to deteriorate, and I couldn't find that piece alone without buying the entire latch receiver assembly.

So, this grooved grommets fit into the spring with some coaxing.

IMG_5892.jpgIMG_5894.jpg

Reactions: Ed Sims and soroush

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Great way to solve a problem. probably cost a few bucks at home depot

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Syco, there is a thread here about those replacements. I believe the same parts were used on the last generation T bird.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Actually I just noticed yestrday my same grommets are shot. Appreciate any thoughts on what to buy for them...

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
These 5/8" nylon hole plugs from Lowe's fit in the springs. $1.54 for two. No effort required.

Screenshot_20190902-145900_Photos.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: SYCO GT and Ed Sims

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Very helpful. Thanks!!!

Reactions: Ed Sims

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
To our fellow 39 percenters, we all knew this already! But a fun old article about our '05's and 06's.

Reactions: DakotaGT

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Drove my Quicksilver today (yeah I've been neglecting her) and had a hoot- put about 130 miles on her
These cars are so damn fun to drive so need to do so much more often

Reactions: Ed Sims

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Shared our GT with our community last night at the premiere of Ford vs. Ferrari. Theater manager bought the kids popcorn and soda in exchange for displaying the car. Lots of questions and enthusiasm for the car and the movie--they got a big kick out of hearing it start and rev up too. We also thought the movie was well done and entertaining. Fantastic evening all around.

Life's great. I love being lucky enough to be a Ford ambassador!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Fun times! Brought my wife and sons to the private screening locally in Southern California, and had a great time answering questions (this time around, more targeted and better than the run of the mill gas station questions).

Brought back fond memories of watching the new Ford GT race at Le Mans, France - the sounds, scents, adrenaline of the hot pits, flying in a helicopter over the live race, all of the goodness. And the memories of legendary racers and race team owners, past and present. Was it a perfect embodiment of the story? Probably not, as it never is, when Hollywood is involved. Did it matter overall? Still a lot of fun.

I think the film exposure will bring a lot of renewed interest and better educated general public to a certain extent.

Only thing better than the privilege of driving to the theater in the Ford GT is the honor of driving home!

FordGT-0030017.jpgFordGT-0030031.jpgFordGT-1507.jpgFordGT-1518.jpgFordGT-0030013.jpg

Reactions: GTMD and PL510*Jeff

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Looks like our '05 - '06 Ford GT's are a Ford Fan Car Show Favorite!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL

Yes, nice pic of AJB and his car.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
wow - thanks for posting ! I had never seen this picture of my car along with Myself and Gene Nelson also from Ford Motor Co.
This was only a few weeks before the Road Atlanta race.
andy (ajb)

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
Seems like its time for some of our Ahlman Performance Ohlins TTX's for your FGT to put the power down and carve corners better than ever....right Specracer, EdSims, Roketman, Vince, Terry, etc?!

Pic_AP_FGTOhlins_200120.JPG

Reactions: Ed Sims and JWZ

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Yes, Im a big fan of this shock upgrade!

right Specracer,

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI

We do this ever year at M1 Concourse. 2020 should have several NGT additions to the lineup.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Seems like its time for some of our Ahlman Performance Ohlins TTX's for your FGT to put the power down and carve corners better than ever....right Specracer, EdSims, Roketman, Vince, Terry, etc?!I
I can say the Ahlman Ohlins are the only shocks to have for the '05-06 GT. They are fantastic on the road & track.

Ed

Reactions: sahlman

Mr.Charger

GT Owner
Dec 11, 2019
Germany, Hamburg
Gurney Eagle coil covers- hey, if this works I may have finally figured out how to post a photo!
Hey congrats I still try hard but doesn’t work :-(