dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
http://www.fordgtforum.com/2016/04/13/ford-gt-application-process-begins/

:cheers

Good luck guys and gals. Make sure you tell them you're a member of The Ford GT Forum!

It's been a lot of fun and I'm glad the day is here!

Let's see what you guys come up with on the configurator.

The Application

The application process begins immediately and runs until May 12, 2016 at 11:59 PM EST. Ford will select the first 500 owners of the new GT from those who apply. This bit is important: It's not necessary to burn up your keyboard, furiously typing to get in your application because the order in which applications are received is irrelevant to your selection. You have 30 days to get your application in, so no need to rush. Applicants will receive status notifications beginning 90 days from the close of the application period.

The Ford GT Concierge Service

Ford has crafted a new customer experience specifically for Ford GT customers with a new, GT-only concierge service. Recipients of a new GT allocation will work directly with a personally-assigned concierge throughout their ownership process. This includes initial ordering, vehicle configuration, all the way through delivery and beyond into your first years of ownership.

“The purchase process for the Ford GT is as unique as our all-new supercar,” said Henry Ford III, global marketing manager, Ford Performance. “We understand GT customers are strong ambassadors for Ford Motor Company, and we look forward to providing them a service as distinct as the car itself.”

The Ford GT Configurator

The Ford GT also gets an all-new configurator, where potential owners and fans alike can sort view a nearly endless assortment of combinations. At this time, Ford has chosen to reveal 8 base paint colors (including the much-desired Liquid Blue), 7 stripe colors, 5 caliper colors, 4 interior packages, and 2 wheels options (one with 3 finishes and the other with 2). There are literally thousands of combos to build, compare and share on the net.

Here are the markets the GT will be sold in:

Screen Shot 2016-04-13 at 12.10.16 AM.jpg

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
So amazing. Glad it's here. Good luck everyone!!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Not seeing the application.. :(

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Here I go! Wish me luck!

Ed

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Not seeing the application.. :(

Don't worry Stormcat. Dr Frank is filling your application out for you!

Ed

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Seems a bit premature... No colors, no application, no interior choices........................... Don't get me wrong. I'm way excited, but weird roll out...

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Price?

I tried and get lots of undefined displays starting on the config page. I'll look later. Maybe the server load will get sane by morning

Last edited:

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Is the Configurator working for you guys?

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Here we go! Yahoo!!

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
How can I be expected to work tomorrow? Or this week!

Matt

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2012
Tampa, FL
Price?

I tried and get lots of undefined displays starting on the config page. I'll look later. Maybe the server load will get sane by morning

In the $400,000's

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Keep getting error message can't get past section 2 .. : (

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Keep getting error message can't get past section 2 .. : (

just submit anyway. Keep scrolling down for next section.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
It'll be interesting to hear back.

Application "fill in boxes" are difficultly sized. Hopeful my typo's don't disqualify me.

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
All this extra time to launch the site, presumably to make sure it could handle the inevitable crush of attention and traffic when it went live.

And...it can't handle the crush of attention and traffic. Keep getting error message and can't save any of the sections of application. (sigh...)

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
It'll be interesting to hear back.

Application "fill in boxes" are difficultly sized. Hopeful my typo's don't disqualify me.
YoUr Worried about TypoS ?:lol
GTjOeYECOBOOST1314

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Managed to get it successfully submitted.

Now I say again! It does not matter what order your application is submitted in. You can even go back and edit it up to the deadline!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
anybody not getting error messages..

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN
Can't get it to save my info either. iPad maybe?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Giving up... can't get it to go thru..
trying different pc's windows 10. vista, aol, explorer.. how are you putting in the phone number? digits no spaces. hyphens?

Last edited: