Story on my GT from Top Gear Oz

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
Guys, the Top Gear Australia story using my car went to air the other day. It's now up on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mMiB5GZwwE

Hope you guys like it. It was really fun to be involved in the filming.:biggrin

EDIT: Better version with full studio intro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKHZNaZzvkM

Last edited:

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Awesome!

Congrats on gettting the first RHD

somelee

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 9, 2007
New York & SoCal
badass color! go black! nice sounding exhaust....whatcha got there?....but whats with the "no wonder it's good looking this car isn't actually an American design" comment?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Super Cool !!! Thanks for sharing !! :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
awesome

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
badass color! go black! nice sounding exhaust....whatcha got there?....but whats with the "no wonder it's good looking this car isn't actually an American design" comment?

FFRP headers and muffler.

If listen to the comments carefully, they are talking about the GT40's original design. I'm not expert and certainly didn't offer any info up to them, but I'd say one of their researchers dug up the design history and it's relation to England...

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Shezam !!

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Made my day:thumbsup

Thanks for sharing. Fantastic work on both the car and the film.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
nice!

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
The video is awsum you should be proud. If you dont mind could you post some interior pics of the convrsion :cheers

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Looks beautiful. But re the RH swap, why didn't you just be a mensch and drive it from the left seat and SHIFT WITH YOUR RIGHT HAND like God intended you do!:lol After all, even the GT40s (save a couple of MkIIIs) had right hand shill shifting.

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Great video. I love the flames coming out of the exhaust a couple of times on the video! The driver was none too gentle on the car, was he? Car looks fabulous.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Sweet!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
top gear

NICE !!!
Made me smile!!!

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Man oh man is that sweet.

I am so right handed shifting would be a whole new learning experience.

I cannot even imagine the work to convert a GT. Hats off to you:thumbsup

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Thanks for sharing. I sold my Shelby GT500 to an Australian who had it converted to RHD. Congrats on the story.

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
The video is awsum you should be proud. If you dont mind could you post some interior pics of the convrsion :cheers

Sure just click the link next to my sig, will take you right to the company and pics of the car itself.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Fantastic vid!!!:thumbsup:thumbsup

How long did it take you to clean off the dashboard after you got the car back from him?? :wink

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Beautiful, really a first class job on the conversion. I am sure you are proud. Thanks for sharing.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Looks beautiful. But re the RH swap, why didn't you just be a mensch and drive it from the left seat and SHIFT WITH YOUR RIGHT HAND like God intended you do!:lol After all, even the GT40s (save a couple of MkIIIs) had right hand shill shifting.

Illegal - Most of Australia will not register and license it (no left hand drives allowed); it's legal in New Zealand.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=132867#post132867

Last edited: