Southern New England GT Owners

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
Hey guys, The salt and sand are disappearing fast from the highways and byways of New England and after these two forcasted rain/snow events Thursday and Sunday, the weather should be turning warmer. So, I am gauging interest for a get together with our GT's some Sunday morning ... perhaps over coffee after a caravan to the mid Cape. I know Roketman is up for it, so if you are too, please reply to this post so I can develop a list of interested participants. We'll try to pick a late April, early May date that works for as many as possible.

usmcfred

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
I'm in. May 13th looks like the only Sunday that would be difficult for me. I live in Lexington MA.

Rob

M

Mark O

I'm game. I'm in Walpole...the town, not the prison.

Q: Who was murdered in Walpole Prison in 1973?
A: Albert DeSalvo - the Boston Strangler :ack

05redrich

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2006
MA
I would be up for that. Might be fun to have a bunch of GTs pull in to one of those cruise nights.

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
C'mon guys ... there must be more than five of us here in the thawing tundra from NH to CT that want to take a fast scenic ride on a Sunday morning. Let me know even if you just MIGHT be interested. You can always opt out when the date is set. Our GT's are for driving, not just looking. usmcfred

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
the cruise night thing could be fun where and when is that?

05redrich

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2006
MA
The GT Registry has 9 for MA, 1 for NH, 7 for CT, 1 for RI
Even assuming the 7 CT are closer to NY that is still 17 cars.

as for Cruise night, don't know. I have only been to one at Bangma's Farm in
Uxbridge. Lots of clasic / vintage cars (about 100 or so). The one night Friday night that I went with the GT it got a lot of attention. 5 would be really cool! But I am sure there are others to go to.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Here I am, Sorry I have not checked the board in 3 days.... I am slacking (80 new posts, ouch).

Count me in, schedule permitting.

Also if any one wants to track it, keep in mind www.scda1.com I am planning on the may 23rd, as an instructor, if I can fit it in to my sched and weather permitting I will take the car.....

Last edited:
M

Mark O

South Eastern Vo/Tech in Easton has a good cruise night every other Thursday. Also, I haven't been there in a few years, but Riley's Roast Beef in Framingham has a good cruise night every Saturday. Both should be starting up soon.

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
sorry. don't live in england

M

Mark O

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
lets pick a Sunday morning for breakfast/coffee and go for a nice ride.
We could also go to a LARZ ANDERSON event.

7/21 American muscle day
8/26 vintage ford day
Mark has a good idea,pick one or 2
just think it would be good fun!

M

Mark O

lets pick a Sunday morning for breakfast/coffee and go for a nice ride.
We could also go to a LARZ ANDERSON event.

7/21 American muscle day
8/26 vintage ford day
Mark has a good idea,pick one or 2
just think it would be good fun!

Larz Anderson Park is always a good take in. Personally, I think that the American Muscle day would bring in a good mixed flavor of svehicles. :thumbsup

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I'm open, lets do something.you pick.
Ron

05redrich

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2006
MA
I am open as well. and also just looking for an excusse to get the car out of storage even for a day. Larz would be fun but 3 months away.

On the F-chat board, some North shore folks meet for coffee at a Starbucks in Beverly on Sunday morning. I am sure we could crash that party.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134606

Also someone on that board talked about having a simallar gathering out the pike someplace. Tatnuck bookstore in Westborough could work (right off rt9 not that far from the pike and lots of parking).

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=136372551&postcount=14

M

Mark O

I'm open, lets do something.you pick.
Ron

No, you pick. :lol

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Ok I'll pick .Lets do them all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!we'll do them in order of the calendar.That way if some people can't make one they can make the others.It would be nice if we could include meeting first and driving together to the chosen events.We can make up a tenative event calendar and take it form there.I'd love to bust in on a PCA, ferrari get together Having been a PCA member for many years ,it would be fun to show up in the GT.Was that you o5redrich I saw in the Noreaster? We could also do a pick your favorite roads cruise and stop for coffee and lunch .
I love to drive.I was out yesterday and put a 100 miles on mine.Today I pay by doing the clean up!
I'm also going to do do a drivers ed at the glen this summer if anyone is interested in joining me. I plan on picking a low key event most likely with P.C.A.but am open to other clubs or groups.
So I'll start. Larz Anderson;
6/17 german car day yes /no
7/21 american musle day yes /no
8/5 Italian car day yes /no
8/26 vintage ford day yes /no
yes to the Beverly idea
Ron

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
Go all the way,To the end of the hook.

Im in,I will bring the whipple,I Don't think the TT will be done by then.If it is
I will bring both.

05redrich

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2006
MA
I have not been out for some time, so it was not me you saw. My garage spot at home has been taken by home improvment. Should get the car out in a week or so.

Anyway sign me up. And if folks want to try one of those Northshore f-car meets in the next few weekends, lets do it. Also that Uxbridge meet starts begining of may as do others.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
i'm in. sounds good to me