So .. I just got back from Canada. .

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
This is close to where my car was at as far as the build out goes. My car build was slightly further along, all of the front suspension was on , They were installing the radiator shrouds and the front brake duct solid tubes. My muffler was in place..

Wow, pictures do tell a story of a thousand words. Thanks for the post. I was in Ft.Lauderdale and was going to call you to meet for lunch, but saw on the forum you were in Canada. Next time for sure.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Wow, pictures do tell a story of a thousand words. Thanks for the post. I was in Ft.Lauderdale and was going to call you to meet for lunch, but saw on the forum you were in Canada. Next time for sure.
Hey bud. It would have been great to see you. Unfortunately they wouldn't let me take my own pictures but these have surfaced Every aspect of this car is simply overwhelming..

I can't wait to get that phone call from a Friend.. " Hey Brian what are you up to today,,?? "' Me.. : " well just waxing the bottom of my car..." :lol

Attachments

• Und tray 3.jpg
    Und tray 3.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 312
  • Und tray 2.jpg
    Und tray 2.jpg
    451.3 KB · Views: 307
  • getPart.jpg
    getPart.jpg
    474 KB · Views: 306
Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I know the feeling. I'll be filming the underside, but I will for sure be doing this myself. I do not want to admit / pay / someone else to do it.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Thanks to all for all of the kind words. One of the true Joys of owning a GT is the people evolved with the car and the interaction..

Like any auto plant or assembly facility typically photos are strictly prohibited by outsiders. Also remember there are patents still pending so they want to make sure sensitive pictures don't leak out. If you recall DBK's post was up than down and now back up again. The pictures in that post are basically what you are going to see ..

Now as far as the personal side of the tour the fact that I could go see it before it was fully clothed and touch it .. knowing it was going to be mine and in my garage soon that was priceless.. I think the guys working on the car gave each other a look when I popped my head into the cockpit and rubbed the CF Bulk head and said " See you soon Buddy " :biggrin

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php/33423-Behind-the-Scenes

i would have done the same thing... great story and very cool that you got to see her naked!

I know the feeling. I'll be filming the underside, but I will for sure be doing this myself. I do not want to admit / pay / someone else to do it.

me too! I might do the top part too. Ill start practicing on some of the other cars first

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I think I want a lift now so I can stare at the NGT undersides! Beautiful!

Ed

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
i would have done the same thing... great story and very cool that you got to see her naked!

me too! I might do the top part too. Ill start practicing on some of the other cars first

So happy for you!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Im just waiting patiently for my turn ......................

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL

I'm with you. I just did the film on a 2013 GT500 I just purchased, as well as my Corvette Z06. It's both a blessing and a curse that I do my own film. It takes patience, which is a commodity on short supply with me.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I'm with you. I just did the film on a 2013 GT500 I just purchased, as well as my Corvette Z06. It's both a blessing and a curse that I do my own film. It takes patience, which is a commodity on short supply with me.

That is the key.. you have to want to do it and have the patience.. I could not do it for a living I would be way to slow for whoever I was doing the work it for,, when it's your own and you not in a rush.. It's a different game..:biggrin

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
That is the key.. you have to want to do it and have the patience.. I could not do it for a living I would be way to slow for whoever I was doing the work it for,, when it's your own and you not in a rush.. It's a different game..:biggrin

agree, i did the front bumper of my M5 10 years ago and it came out pretty good, however it did take me all day! the M5 bumper also had a lot of turns and curves the Gt looks easier... however that remains to be seen... brian post about your experience when you get to it.

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Super craftsmanship.

Will they define where the lift points are, similar to the '05 - '06? I cannot see if there are "targets" under the pads in your picture.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Super craftsmanship.

Will they define where the lift points are, similar to the '05 - '06? I cannot see if there are "targets" under the pads in your picture.

I've seen the lift points defined in the Tech training Manual. I am not sure if they will be indicated on the production cars. If not I'll come up with something or maybe we can get Dr. Ed to come up with a nice circular " Lift Here " sticker .. Ed is the king of stickers !! ..:biggrin

Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I can do it!

Ed

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I can do it!

Ed
... and I know if you do them they will be way cooler than what I come up with !! :biggrin

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
He sure is the sticker king!