Shadowman and his "Hot Buttons"

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
ShineyCat, what did you brush them with? Looks like a good job. Scotchbrite?

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
In preparation for trying various button finishes I gave a few the brushed look. I really like it. This finish may be the easiest to maintain. They could be re brushed if scratched. Thanks Bill and Andrew for this fun addition to the interior...:thumbsup

They dont look like they were the polished ones, looks more like they were the normal silver ones.... :confused

Aug 25, 2006
UPDATE

A fresh batch of "Hot Buttons" will be available the middle of the week

Takes care

Shadowman

Clax

GT Owner
Mar 22, 2006
This weekend was the first time I took my GT off the lift and awake from a long winter slumber. I had bought the Hot Buttons over the winter, and finally installed them yesterday. I am really pleased with the look, it brings the whole interior "alive" and gives some nice contrast to the seats. For the money, this is probably one of the best cosmetic mods for the Ford GT. Hard to believe that Ford didn't include this design feature in the original car, to match the concept car. I was a little curious about how they would install, but it was a piece of cake. Awesome mod!

Aug 25, 2006
This weekend was the first time I took my GT off the lift and awake from a long winter slumber. I had bought the Hot Buttons over the winter, and finally installed them yesterday. I am really pleased with the look, it brings the whole interior "alive" and gives some nice contrast to the seats. For the money, this is probably one of the best cosmetic mods for the Ford GT. Hard to believe that Ford didn't include this design feature in the original car, to match the concept car. I was a little curious about how they would install, but it was a piece of cake. Awesome mod!

Thank you for sharing your experience and the wonderful comments

Takes care

Shadowman

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
It was also a hit a C & C this morning. Don demonstrated how to take it off, and reinstall.

I think you might have some more sales Bill! :thumbsup

Aug 25, 2006
It was also a hit a C & C this morning. Don demonstrated how to take it off, and reinstall.

Thank you for your support

All the best

Shadowman

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I've said it before and I'll say it again, there is no excuse for any FGT not to have these. The only reason they weren't in the car in the first place is the OE's panic about hot metal touching human blubber. Honestly, these do not get that hot and I rarely drive naked. The car was designed specifically for this look and the interior is a black hole without them.

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA

I sure missed Don's demonstration as I'm having a hard time pressing these buttons into the seat. My fingers are still sore from working on one seat last night and I didn't even have half of the buttons seated right yet. Worse of all, these button cut into the plastic and caused some damaged, but hopefully once they are seated properly, they won't ever have to come back out. For those who don't want to nick their seats, proceed with extreme caution!
There weren't any instructions that came w/ the button so I proceeded by aligning up the dot inside the button at the 12 and 3 o'clock positions but still had a hard time pushing them in and if I pushed hard, these little buttons are like sharp razers and would ream into the surrounding plastic.
Upon going back through the posts again I noticed a picture posted by SycoGT which looked quite different than the ones I received yesterday. Looks like the new batch of buttons have flared bottoms to help them seat better but made them more, a lot more difficult to install. Or did the new batch didn't get the necks straighten out properly? Does anyone know any tricks to install these new buttons? If I missed the instructions I'm sorry as this thread is 8 pages long and I could have missed that post within the hundreds of posts.
Here're the buttons pictured by SycoGT:
buttons.jpg

And here're the one I just received with the flared edge:
DSC_1663.jpg

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I have installed several sets and while they fit tight, I find them rather easy to install. Takes me about 15 mins to do an entire set and the finished look is simply awesome. They are very snug (as not to come loose) and the edge does seem to flare out a little (I assume to hold in place) but I love this product and am very thankful it was brought to us. Hope you get your buttons installed soon and enjoy the look. I am sure Andrew or Shawdow will chime in soon......

Oh, just got my switch blade key cut and programmed and it works perfectly!

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
Bruce, email sent!

Aug 25, 2006
I am on it and have asked Andrew to take a minute to call HeritageBruce so as to assist with the integration of the button so that he too will become happy.

Hang in there Bruce; assistance is on the way

Shadowman

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
I am on it and have asked Andrew to take a minute to call HeritageBruce so as to assist with the integration of the button so that he too will become happy.

Hang in there Bruce; assistance is on the way

Shadowman

Got your email Bill and Andrew and will wait for a replacement set of buttons.
Please let others know what your findings are for this batch of buttons with the flared necks.
Thank you.

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
I had the exact same problem and the buttons I have are flared as well.
I sent an e-mail to Andrew to get them replaced.
Thanks for posting this Bruce - I thought it was just me.

:cheers
Trent

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
I never had a problem installing them - on a few of them I had to put a little double stick tape on to hold them in place for when the cars get hot and you close the door - a few were popping out of the holes.

Maybe I can get a nickel to jump out of the hole?

BTW - NEW HOT BUTTON FEATURE! If you install hot buttons you never have to worry about a nickel lodging itself in the hole of the seat! :rofl

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
Hello all, we seem to have the issue isolated to a few sets! If you are having issues please PM me so we can fix any issues you may be having!!

Those that have posted here - I have sent e-mail updates

Thanks!

Andrew

Aug 25, 2006
*** UPDATE ***

Andrew and I have been in contact over the fact that sadly there were a few sets of Hot Buttons that were shipped in less than perfect condition; Andrew has narrowed it down to 4 sets and these folks have been contacted with replacement Hot Buttons in the "Q".

I wanted to share that both Andrew and I feel bad and apologize for the inconvenience caused to those folks that received the less than stellar fitting Hot Buttons and also want to assure all that future Hot Buttons will be thoroughly inspected before they ship.

Takes care

Shadowman

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Thanks Shadowman & Andrew for an extremely quick resolution to this. :thumbsup

Trent

Aug 25, 2006
Thanks Shadowman & Andrew for an extremely quick resolution to this. :thumbsup

Trent

Thank you Trent

It is far more than our pleasure; it is our responsibility a fact that we take seriously.

When the waters are calm pert near anyone can steer the ship however when the storms come in keeping the gal pointed into the wind takes a committed person at the helm.

Committed we are; committed to making certain that everyone is happy and receives only the best

Takes care

Shadowman

UB2SLOW

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2009
Suwanee, GA
I placed a new order yesterday...check mine REAL GOOD before they ship:cheers