Secondary market.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
The Red Heritage GT showed up in a YouTube video Shmee posted from a well known collection in Bahrain over 7 months ago!

I shipped my red Heritage over there for the video...but it’s now back in my garage in Texas 😂

Reactions: ENZO BTR and BAT

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I shipped my red Heritage over there for the video...but it’s now back in my garage in Texas 😂
you too? :LOL:

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX

Nah, just kidding! Two red Heritages left in Tx. Me and the dealer in San Marcos. It will move along at some point, I bet.

Reactions: Iconic GT

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
2017 Heritage showing in Barrett Jackson Las Vegas. No reserve.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Oh it is....
Ouch!

Reactions: Iconic GT

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Has anyone else noticed the header image of this thread? Complete howl, well done.

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Has anyone else noticed the header image of this thread? Complete howl, well done.

I like it!
Exactly what it is 😂😂😂

Reactions: Ed Sims and Apollo

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
Oh it is....
so Henessey sold his car?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
It is on loan.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX

I thought Waste Management was a site sponsor 😂

Reactions: Stef

dbk

The Favor Factoryâ„¢
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Waste Management, matches, lighter fluid, Arby's - all sponsors.

Trust me fellas, it's gonna get super ugly and dumb from here on out.

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I find it strange. Why all the drama about the resale of the NFG (other then Cena's car trading hands a bunch of times). Ford said you can't sell your car for 2 years and now that 2 year period is coming to an end. Owners are selling (and profiting) so what's wrong with that? Just some good ole supply and demand and capitalism at work.

What am I missing?

QSS

dbk

The Favor Factoryâ„¢
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I find it strange. Why all the drama about the resale of the NFG (other then Cena's car trading hands a bunch of times). Ford said you can't sell your car for 2 years and now that 2 year period is coming to an end. Owners are selling (and profiting) so what's wrong with that? Just some good ole supply and demand and capitalism at work.

What am I missing?

QSS

Do you own one?

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Do you own one?
No I don't own one. I applied and was "rejected" by Ford. I figured I was not "of proper Ford material" even though Ford's are all I own :ROFLMAO:. I realize many people who applied and didn't get a car are deserving and huge FGT enthusiasts.

Now that they are coming to the secondary market I'll wait a few years and hope they drop in price and perhaps I can grab one in the future at a more reasonable price. By reasonable price I mean sub $800k. I know, dream on, I'm not holding my breath based on what happened with the 05/06 GT but I can hope.

QSS

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Many of the cars currently on the market have not reached their two-year moratorium dates...... in my view, whether the agreement is legally enforceable or not, it’s morally wrong to sell before time. Given DBK’s prediction about where this topic is heading, I may regret making this post!

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Many of the cars currently on the market have not reached their two-year moratorium dates...... in my view, whether the agreement is legally enforceable or not, it’s morally wrong to sell before time. Given DBK’s prediction about where this topic is heading, I may regret making this post!
I agree, If the cars being offered for sale have not reached their two-year moratorium dates then I feel it is morally wrong to sell it. If you made a deal with Ford then live with it. A deal is a deal is a deal in my books. That's how I live and work.

Just one man's opinion from the peanut gallery hanging out on the sidelines.

QSS

Reactions: maxemus and MarkH

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
Nah, just kidding! Two red Heritages left in Tx. Me and the dealer in San Marcos. It will move along at some point, I bet.
They had theirs for sale last I heard. My buddy picked up a raptor from them, started a conversation about their GT on the floor, and they were told "privately offering it for $2mm" :rolleyes:

That MKIV just needs a heinz sponsor, agreed?

MichaelR

GT Owner
Aug 8, 2018
A 17 heritage going to bonhams, just saw the listing on hemmings.com

dbk

The Favor Factoryâ„¢
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
No I don't own one.

I vacillate on whether to expound on this topic or not. Bottom line: there's been a lot of drama around these cars regarding everything but the car itself, and once they start publicly trading hands, it's going to be difficult for a great many people to keep their compulsion to e-fight in check.

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Being one who didn't make the cut either time around, I'm torn...

Will be nice to finally have the opportunity to buy but I'd sure rather have been an original owner.

Will also be saddened at the profiteering to come... I'd have hoped those lucky few would be more loyal (which, I know, flies in the face of having some cars on the market...).