Secondary market.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Another 17 heritage went for 1.05 at Monterey, along with a custom paint one for 1.24

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
I watched that BJ sale with very mixed feelings... I didn't get an allocation in either round.

Congrats to the seller but I sure wish I'd have gotten - AND KEPT - that car!

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Waste Management, matches, lighter fluid, Arby's - all sponsors.

Trust me fellas, it's gonna get super ugly and dumb from here on out.

View attachment 56590

no boots.... but a shit suit.....

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Ambassadorship....I believe that was what Ford wanted.

I remain optimistic and dedicated to doing just that with my 2005 Quicksilver and should the opportunity present itself Dana and I will be proud FORD Ambassadors owners of the 2005 Quicksilver, 2020 GT 500 and the NFGT!

OUR MILES BRING US SMILES!

Reactions: Simon

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
I suspect the reason why this subject is somewhat of a taboo is because a lot of people were denied an allocation. based on what criterion ford said they used to determine who was selected it seems that everyone of these "resellers" was perhaps less than honest when they applied for the car and had other motives than what ford really wanted for the recipients of these cars.

when someone who was denied sees others trying to take advantage of this situation and basically "wasting" an allocation purely for profit then it ruffles some feathers.... sadly this is rampant in our hobby at the moment and it has its negative effects

lets just say there are a lot of pseudo-car guys out there that are not really in it for the right reasons.

I certainly get annoyed when people try to "cheat" the system so to speak but I also realize not all systems are fair.
It's taboo because someone says it it is. In reality we are all curious about value. Why else do we obsess about what they fetch at BJ or Mecum. OK, obsess is to strong a word. Discuss is a better choice.

Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
It's taboo because someone says it it is. In reality we are all curious about value. Why else do we obsess about what they fetch at BJ or Mecum.

There’s a big difference between being curious and obsessing. Everyone is curious about values, not everyone obsesses over it. It’s a touchy subject because obsessing over values ruins the enjoyment of owning these cars. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been at an event and overheard derogatory conversations about a car being “worth only x,” as if monetary value has anything to do with the inherent virtues of a car, or anything else in this world for that matter.

How many “enthusiasts” “enjoy” a car simply because it’s valuable? How many lose interest when the car becomes less valuable and available to more people?

In my opinion you’re making a huge financial mistake if you think your NGT is going to be worth a fortune. Ford is making over 1,300 of these cars. There will be an ample supply of delivery mile cars to satisfy all of the big-buck car collectors. After that, well, the market is pretty small for seven-figure cars. I have a 2019 Gulf Heritage and have no illusions about long-term values.

You’re free to continue the value discussions. The rest of us are free to state our opinions on the matter.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Wrong! I have these cars for enjoyment. If I was obsessing about value, I would have NOT bought any of the cars we have including the GT's, and kept the funds in the "market". I'd have a lot more money.

In reality we are all curious about value. Why else do we obsess about what they fetch at BJ or Mecum.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Wrong! I have these cars for enjoyment. If I was obsessing about value, I would have NOT bought any of the cars we have including the GT's, and kept the funds in the "market". I'd have a lot more money.

Yeah, I hear all the time about my ‘06 being a “great investment,” when, in fact, it’s the absolute worst “investment” I’ve ever made. If we’re talking about an investment in fun, that’s an entirely different ball game.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
I use the the excuse and tell my wife my car collection is what I call « diversification “ of my assets! Some investments do better than others! As far as return; do we mean monetary or enjoyment? Can’t drive my bank accountT!! If they hold their value I am OK with that. The “ profit” is enjoying them!!

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
I guess my decimal point isn't as far to the right as many of you.

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
This thread has over 9,000 views since May. definitely allot of interest

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It's taboo because someone says it it is. In reality we are all curious about value.

:rolleyes: I guess we're doing this. You pissed and moaned bitterly, a lot, and in unrelated threads after not getting an allocation in Round 1, as if you'd been grievously wronged despite your unconditional loyalty. Then immediately after getting an allocation you started asking about what it's worth. I'm guessing you didn't put "I would do literally anything to get a Ford GT so long as it's worth more at market value then what you're selling it for." That's my problem here. Casts an unflattering light on all the moaning, which I now can't help but look at incredulously.

This thread has over 9,000 views since May. definitely allot of interest

This remains a historically bad take. Post a beheading video in this thread, it'll get a lot more views.

Last edited:
Reactions: ByeEnzo and Ed Sims

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

Jesus!!.....I admit up front that I'm the world's worst investor. Every investment I make defines the peak and finishes off the boom. Others have IRA's and 401K's. I've got a "CCELA" (Chip's Complete Equity Loss Account) that I keep my stocks and mutual funds in. And that's the more successful part of my assets. I bought my 2006 GT new for about 170K. Since then I've spent over 200K on that car and the events surrounding it. The care and feeding of my two GT's with lifts, garage space, special trailer, maintenance, shipping, and 7K+ to ensure both of them each year are certainly not money in the bank. And compared to my little 2 seat Glasair III aircraft the GT's have been free! That plane consumes money faster than a stadium full of crack addicts. And if I ever did want to cash in on a GT I'd have to watch somebody load it into a trailer and take it away which would be about as pleasant as putting a long held and much loved family dog to sleep.

To those of us who love them, these cars are a financial sink hole and there will never be a return, only future expenses. To quote Matthew 6:21 (I mean no blasphemy here) "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also".

To the hard core faithful who love these cars, their history, and the community surrounding them, those expenses are made less burdensome by putting them out of mind and knowing instead that we are all richer for having been a member of this brotherhood. That's my take on it. All the best.

Chip

Last edited:

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
We are all asked the investment/worth/value question from people regarding our GT's. My answer is always the same and always gets a laugh. Funny part is, I'm dead serious. That's my kids problem!

Vince H

Reactions: Stef

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Gentlemen,

Jesus!!.....I admit up front that I'm the world's worst investor. Every investment I make defines the peak and finishes off the boom. Others have IRA's and 401K's. I've got a "CCELA" (Chip's Complete Equity Loss Account) that I keep my stocks and mutual funds in. And that's the more successful part of my assets. I bought my 2006 GT new for about 170K. Since then I've spent over 200K on that car and the events surrounding it. The care and feeding of my two GT's with lifts, garage space, special trailer, maintenance, shipping, and 7K+ to ensure both of them each year are certainly not money in the bank. And compared to my little 2 seat Glasair III aircraft the GT's have been free! That plane consumes money faster than a stadium full of crack addicts. And if I ever did want to cash in on a GT I'd have to watch somebody load it into a trailer and take it away which would be about as pleasant as putting a long held and loved family dog to sleep.

To those of us who love them, these cars are a financial sink hole and there will never be a return, only future expenses. To quote Matthew 6:21 (I mean no blasphemy here) "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also".

To the hard core faithful who love these cars, their history, and the community surrounding them, those expenses are made less burdensome by putting them out of mind and knowing instead that we are all richer for having been a member of this brotherhood. That's my take on it. All the best.

Chip

Amen to this!

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
While filling up the GT yesterday, someone asked me "what's it worth"? My answer was, doesn't make it difference, it's not for sale. Yes, I knew he was asking for the market value, but if it's not for sale, who cares? Then again, if someone offered me stupid money for the car, I'd sell it, and buy one of the many 05-06's that are on the market, and pocket the difference!!!

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
:rolleyes: I guess we're doing this. You pissed and moaned bitterly, a lot, and in unrelated threads after not getting an allocation in Round 1, as if you'd been grievously wronged despite your unconditional loyalty. Then immediately after getting an allocation you started asking about what it's worth. I'm guessing you didn't put "I would do literally anything to get a Ford GT so long as it's worth more at market value then what you're selling it for." That's my problem here. Casts an unflattering light on all the moaning, which I now can't help but look at incredulously.

This remains a historically bad take. Post a beheading video in this thread, it'll get a lot more views.
I've bee

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
I've been Ford guy since before you were born. Every time i see it i'm overwhelmed with how fortunate i am to have such a marvelous automobile, my 2005 GT, I offered $1000 dollars to each of my 250 employees if they bought a new Ford product back when the s--t hit the fan. What have you done that compares, other than collect a paycheck? I might add, I'm under the influence of a stiff Cruzan Rum and Coke.

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Irony is a dead scene.

Reactions: Button and Ed Sims