Secondary market.

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
I purchased my 2005 GT new and gladly paid a premium. Made two people happy, me and the dealer who sold it to me. Haven't regretted it for a moment. I'm the guy who was PO'ed at not getting a allocation on the first round. For good reason i might add. That's history. Received a 2nd round allocation. Will get it in 2021 as a 22 model i presume. Over 6 years of waiting. My 05 is not for sale nor will be my NFGT. Just remember when we pontificate about the morals of someone who owns for 2 years and sells two people will be happy then as well. The seller and the buyer.

Reactions: maxemus

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

Reactions: tpraceman

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
While filling up the GT yesterday, someone asked me "what's it worth"? My answer was, doesn't make it difference, it's not for sale. Yes, I knew he was asking for the market value, but if it's not for sale, who cares? Then again, if someone offered me stupid money for the car, I'd sell it, and buy one of the many 05-06's that are on the market, and pocket the difference!!!

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Has anyone else noticed the header image of this thread? Complete howl, well done.
I like it!
Exactly what it is 😂😂😂

Reactions: Ed Sims and Apollo

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
:rolleyes: I guess we're doing this. You pissed and moaned bitterly, a lot, and in unrelated threads after not getting an allocation in Round 1, as if you'd been grievously wronged despite your unconditional loyalty. Then immediately after getting an allocation you started asking about what it's worth. I'm guessing you didn't put "I would do literally anything to get a Ford GT so long as it's worth more at market value then what you're selling it for." That's my problem here. Casts an unflattering light on all the moaning, which I now can't help but look at incredulously.

This remains a historically bad take. Post a beheading video in this thread, it'll get a lot more views.
I've bee

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
I've been Ford guy since before you were born. Every time i see it i'm overwhelmed with how fortunate i am to have such a marvelous automobile, my 2005 GT, I offered $1000 dollars to each of my 250 employees if they bought a new Ford product back when the s--t hit the fan. What have you done that compares, other than collect a paycheck? I might add, I'm under the influence of a stiff Cruzan Rum and Coke.

Last edited:

DBK

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Irony is a dead scene.

Reactions: Button and Ed Sims

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
Oh it is....
so Henessey sold his car?

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Have any of the early NFGT's sold on secondary market at this point.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
We will all know soon enough what these cars are “worth” on the open market. No need to speculate. As for my car, I’m devaluing it every chance I get.
I am with you ! My cars a devaluing every day! My new Carbon Series already has 4,500 miles! my 06 GT just hit 52,000 miles!
No one on there death bed ever wished they worked more ,saved more or enjoyed there hobby less!
I'm not saving my cars for the next guy!

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Legal of course.

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
It is on loan.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I simply don't get the hostility towards people wanting to disccus the potential value of the NFGT.
I also have contemplated the relative “hostility” when one questions the monetary value. My conclusion is that many feel that the emotional “value” and brand or marque loyalty carry much more worth than monetary value.

Reactions: Stef and DakotaGT

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Has anyone else noticed the header image of this thread? Complete howl, well done.
I thought Waste Management was a site sponsor 😂

Reactions: Stef

DBK

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Waste Management, matches, lighter fluid, Arby's - all sponsors.

Trust me fellas, it's gonna get super ugly and dumb from here on out.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The 17 heritage at Barrett Jackson 5-Oct, 1.54M

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I find it strange. Why all the drama about the resale of the NFG (other then Cena's car trading hands a bunch of times). Ford said you can't sell your car for 2 years and now that 2 year period is coming to an end. Owners are selling (and profiting) so what's wrong with that? Just some good ole supply and demand and capitalism at work.

What am I missing?

QSS

DBK

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I find it strange. Why all the drama about the resale of the NFG (other then Cena's car trading hands a bunch of times). Ford said you can't sell your car for 2 years and now that 2 year period is coming to an end. Owners are selling (and profiting) so what's wrong with that? Just some good ole supply and demand and capitalism at work.

What am I missing?

QSS
Do you own one?

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Legally?

GT Venum

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 4, 2010
Wisconsin
I met a guy at a show last week that didn't receive an allocation and now is waiting to purchase one after the 2 year waiting period. The only one that I know is out there is the one in Texas that is past the 2 year waiting period, so it is "Legal" to sell according to Ford agreement with the ordinal owner.