KDO GT

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2008
Hollywood MD
WOW GUYS..... Great job

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Thanks for all the great comment. I am the lucky owner of Satin 7....

Welcome Aboard! :thumbsup

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I like it! It's not so bold & wild as a standard Gulf car but more subtle & sinister but in the tradition of a Gulf car. Very nice. Great job GT Guys.

Ed

PS Congrats jdcohenmd!

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
I agree with all comments.
All I can add is IM SPEECHLESS.
Camilo, Rich, Dennis.....what a combination.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Welcome Aboard! :thumbsup

Yep, welcome. I showed pictures of it to some friends today and they all agree that's the coolest GT everyone has seen.

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
All 3 are pretty awesome.

Last edited:

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Fantastic! I personally think the car would look even better had the ass end been matte black with stainless lower screens.

B3Z1B0876copyPhotobucket.jpg

8391628814_3c4651c73e_c.jpg

Last edited:

Dolph

GT Owner
Dec 25, 2012
Ruston, LA

??????????? Further explanation requested !!!!!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I'm not partial to black cars, but it does look nice all the way around. Welcome to the fold. Keep away from Gino and Doug in NJ and NYC. They are a bad influence.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
STUNNING!!! How many of us would now consider buying a second "doner" GT to build one of these!!

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
??????????? Further explanation requested !!!!!

Answer - what Denis drives on vacation.

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
thanks for all the great comment. I am the lucky owner of satin 7. I have wanted to acquire a ford gt for some time. My wife and i saw two cars on the road one day and she said, "don't you want one of those, you should get it." well that started the ball rolling. I was going to get a heritage and started searching around. Then i stumbled upon merkury 4 and was blown away. I contacted rich to see if the gt guys could duplicate it for me. He explained about the camilo signature series and that camilo had a concept for a different design. I always have wanted a matte car, so when i heard the new design was matte black with mirrorchrome stripe in gulf livery i was sold. I worked with rich on the specs of the car, tossing around the whipple 4.0 vs the heffner tt setup, carbon brakes, etc.. I read all the info on this forum, and decided on the tt setup with the stillen/ ap brakes. I then let rich work out all the other details. I worked with camilo during the process on the design details, especially the rear end by flipping the paint to the mirror chrome along the natural cut line of the back end. Needless to say i love what i see in the photos. I was going to go to the unveiling on monday, but my schedule did not permit it. I am glad that some of you have been able to see the car in person and appreciate you reactions to it. I can't wait to get it back in new jersey and test her out. I want to take this time to thank rich and denis for their help, phenomenal execution, and doing a great job, camilo for his vision and attention to detail, bernie from bj motors for a great sales transaction. I am looking forward to being a part of the great ford gt community.

welcome!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
As usual a fine job by Rich and Dennis! Like the look of the gauges!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Congrats and welcome. :cheers Beautiful car !! Great job Rich and Dennis ..:thumbsup

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
Congrats on an exceptional car. I hope to see it at Rally 8!!

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
NEW JERSEY!!! Another one! We've got to be the Ford GT capital of the world.

Howard

topshot

GT Owner
Feb 6, 2012
Metro Detroit, MIchigan
any idea of the date for the Rally.?

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
NEW JERSEY!!! Another one! We've got to be the Ford GT capital of the world.

Howard

I thought that was Jonesoboro AR! :lol

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I thought that was Jonesoboro AR! :lol

I think AR is second only to Wixom.

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
Thank You

Thanks for all the great comment. I am the lucky owner of Satin 7. I have wanted to acquire a Ford GT for some time. My wife and I saw two cars on the road one day and she said, "don't you want one of those, you should get it." Well that started the ball rolling. I was going to get a Heritage and started searching around. Then I stumbled upon Merkury 4 and was blown away. I contacted Rich to see if The GT Guys could duplicate it for me. He explained about the Camilo signature series and that Camilo had a concept for a different design. I always have wanted a Matte car, so when I heard the new design was Matte black with Mirrorchrome stripe in Gulf livery I was sold. I worked with Rich on the specs of the car, tossing around the whipple 4.0 vs the Heffner TT setup, carbon brakes, etc.. I read all the info on this forum, and decided on the TT setup with the Stillen/ AP brakes. I then let Rich work out all the other details. I worked with Camilo during the process on the design details, especially the rear end by flipping the paint to the mirror chrome along the natural cut line of the back end. Needless to say I love what I see in the photos. I was going to go to the unveiling on Monday, but my schedule did not permit it. I am glad that some of you have been able to see the car in person and appreciate you reactions to it. I can't wait to get it back in New Jersey and test her out. I want to take this time to thank Rich and Denis for their help, phenomenal execution, and doing a great job, Camilo for his vision and attention to detail, Bernie from BJ motors for a great sales transaction. I am looking forward to being a part of the great Ford GT community.

Thank you for allowing us to build this car for you. Now we just need to get it home so you can see it in person!!

Thanks to everyone else for the kind comments.