Metro Detroit
Let's hear your thoughts. Bonus points for prior attendance. :cheers

GT Venum

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 4, 2010
Wisconsin
:driving:ROAD AMERICA:driving:

I will even volunteer to assist with all the arrangements.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Las Vegas

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Las Vegas
I'm with Ron on this one

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Sandpoint......we're supposed to be getting a bad-ass Super 8 built by next year and the Denny's is rumored to be getting new vinyl on the booths.:thumbsup

Last edited:

peiserg

GT Owner
Aug 15, 2010
Phoenix, az
Vegas would be nice, althout Pahrump track is 60 miles away. Phoenix/Scottsdale has a decent contingent of FGT owners, and has a number of tracks and resorts to choose from. Either one sounds good to me.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Viva Las GT. (Vegas)

Vince H

Oh yea, and I nominate Ed to dress as Elvis.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
If we have to go West again, Spring Mountain has my vote.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Anywhere east of the Mississippi baby

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Road Atlanta. Curves and hills on and off the course.

I get the pull of Las Vegas, but, for me, it will be a let down after Sonoma.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Houston. It has it all and had not missed a step in the recession....So many options for day/night and multiple tracks.....but its not Sonoma. That looked amazing!!

http://www.theatlantic.com/business...-juggernaut-is-americas-1-job-creator/275927/

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
Vegas. :)

Alexander

GTX1 Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 28, 2011
Munich
I just loved northern California and the roads there.........Rally 8 was heaven ! But : Change is good .............Vegas is great.......can we combine road and track there ?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Houston. It has it all and had not missed a step in the recession....So many options for day/night and multiple tracks.....but its not Sonoma. That looked amazing!!

http://www.theatlantic.com/business...-juggernaut-is-americas-1-job-creator/275927/
Depends on when. Houston can be hot and muggy.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
I just loved northern California and the roads there.........Rally 8 was heaven ! But : Change is good .............Vegas is great.......can we combine road and track there ?
The answer is yes!

Fyr-FtrGT

GT Owner, BofD
Mark IV Lifetime
May 28, 2006
Walnut Creek, California
Of the half dozen or so tracks that I have driven at speed on, the one that I preferred the most was Spring Mountain in Pahrump. Mostly because it was easy to learn, flat, plenty of run out room if you made a mistake, and close to many five star hotels. I have no illusions of my ability in my GT on a road course, and know that it is much more capable than I. Having two Rallys in a row in the West may not be fair to the East Coasters, so would only do that if they agreed to support it.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Spring Mountain sounds good ! Tim Cantwell is a member and Im sure he has a car I can borrow for the track days!

mrscape

GT Owner
Nov 14, 2011
san diego
Vegas Baby.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Dave -

As you know, I'll go anywhere that it's set for - assuming my car is back together (which I have no doubt of).
Here are a few thoughts:

The southwestern states (Arizona, California, Nevada, Utah, New Mexico) can pretty much guarantee good weather, although it can get very hot at times where the tracks are located - Miller Motorsports Park, Spring Mountain, Inde Motorsports Ranch, Bondurant's Track at Firebird, etc). Personally, I can deal with the heat much better than rain.

I would love to go to Road America (Elkart Lake, WI), Mid-Ohio (Lexington, OH), Watkins Glen (Upper New York), Sebring (Florida), Road Atlanta (Braselton, GA), Circuit of the the Americas (Austin, TX) but, as with Laguna Seca (Monterey, CA) and Sears Point (Sonoma, CA), I fear that these tracks might be a little too fast and dangerous for most of our members. If they can persuade you otherwise, I'll go in a heartbeat.

There are lots of other tracks - one that has always intrigued me is Summit Point, West VA. Hell - I'd love to do the road course at Indianapolis. I know the one at Fontana, CA (Auto Club Raceway) is rentable.

As you know, the major problem with an Eastern Rally at a track is the weather, but maybe a rally (like Sonoma) would work.

Factoring in the spousal/girlfriend issue, Las Vegas is probably the best choice (although it might be hard to get them to a cooking class) - we can endure the heat, and the gals can go have fun. An added feature is that there will be a very large signup for it. Miller Motorsports Park is most likely the best track for the range of abilities of the owners, and there are other places near Salt Lake City, such as Park City, which are close and can be fun.

I stopped on my trip east this year at Road America - what a fantastic road course! A bit challenging, with a few blind areas which might negate it.

Hell - just pick a place, and we'll all show up.

Ralphie :thumbsup

Last edited:

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Vegas in October......the weather is perfect!