Rally 9

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Would have to be EARLY October! Like Septober early.

Septober = late September, early October. Clever or just fat fingers on the keyboard?
Nice avatar, BTW, Scooter.

Last edited:

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
If it ends up being in Colorado I'll transport my GT and bring my road bike. Who's up for some altitude training?

l_720e236b9e62425894a51f9a3d97c962[1].jpg

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
You know how hard it is to misspell September on a smart phone? Took me 5 tries & I had to get special permission from Siri!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Im with Chip on this one,But August will not work for me.Oct is a nice month!
Really I'll go anywhere my GT buddies are!
I am however in favor of a track event! Even though that means a lot of work for me.I'll drag Andy into anyway!

It's a shame Continental Divide Raceway, no longer exists - down in Castle Rock south of Denver.. It, like RIR (Riverside International Raceway), was one of the premier road race tracks in the country back in the 60's and 70's. Damn! I think the gas crises, the low performance cars of the 70's, and real estate development caused the death of some of the nation's great race tracks. Here are a few links -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continental_Divide_Raceways

http://www.ultimateracinghistory.com/racelist3.php?trackid=54

View attachment 31211

View attachment 31212[

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
October in Colorado Ron? :lol

What about Colorado in late July/early August? Or am I going to have to wait until the Bannister kids are school age before I can bring my son to a rally? :lol

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Suggestions so far...

Las Vegas

Colorado

Scottsdale/Sedona

Branson, MO

Road America (wisconsin)

Road Atlanta

Barber (Alabama)

Houston

More....

Keep in mind R10 will definitely be in Detroit. Will start working on dates for 10 now while we throw around location for 9. Know exactly what we're doing for 10.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
What about Colorado in late July/early August? Or am I going to have to wait until the Bannister kids are school age before I can bring my son to a rally? :lol

If we did Colorado, it would have to be that time frame. And when my kids are school age, that just means I get to fly solo!

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
If it ends up being in Colorado I'll transport my GT and bring my road bike. Who's up for some altitude training?

I'm in!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I'll bring my road bike too, but it will be the 3 cylinder, 675cc variety. God invented the engine so we wouldn't be required to pedal.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California

My brother Jeff doesn't leave me hanging! That settles it the Madone is making the trip.

Vince H

** If it's in Colorado.

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
DBK
I was NOT SEROUS about Branson!! It would be fun for a couple of day cruises....but ultimately an engineer's attempt at humor...

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Damn, I took you seriously Jack.... So did Dave as he added it to the list!

Chip, all good points and we know the rally wherever the final location will be great.

Both of us will be there as well!

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
I'll bring my road bike too, but it will be the 3 cylinder, 675cc variety. God invented the engine so we wouldn't be required to pedal.
Ha! I should have figured that with this group. Well said.

Vince H

I still want to bring my bike though.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
I vote definitely AGAiNST Houston, 'cos I live there and want the next rally to be at the end of an awesome road trip like we did this year. I cannot get over how comfortable the GT is for long distances- better than Roz's Lexus or my RangeRover. We did 15 hours straight between Santa Fe and homevand I arrived fresh as a daisy. So, anywhere that's 1500-2000 miles from Houston works for me!

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
I vote definitely AGAiNST Houston, 'cos I live there and want the next rally to be at the end of an awesome road trip like we did this year. I cannot get over how comfortable the GT is for long distances- better than Roz's Lexus or my RangeRover. We did 15 hours straight between Santa Fe and homevand I arrived fresh as a daisy. So, anywhere that's 1500-2000 miles from Houston works for me!

You must live in the bad part ...;-)

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Colorado or Arizona (Sedona area) either one sound great to me

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
If not Vegas, I vote Arizona/Scottsdale. 5 Star accommodations a plenty, nightlife, shopping for the wives, Firebird for a track day, a LOT of fun backroads and the option for day trips up north (i.e. Sedona).
Big downside is it's very hot in July-September and even into October.

On a personal note, Phoenix holds a lot of bad work-related memories for me, but I'd love to go back and visit and see old friends.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Big downside is it's very hot in July-September and even into October.

This is not accurate. Face of the Sun is a better description. But so is Vegas for that matter.

Vince Hott

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
This is not accurate. Face of the Sun is a better description. But so is Vegas for that matter.

Vince Hott

Ok Vince. I was being kind. I lived there for 3 years, so I know.
But as you said, Vegas really isn't a whole lot better temperature-wise.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Ok Vince. I was being kind. I lived there for 3 years, so I know.
But as you said, Vegas really isn't a whole lot better temperature-wise.
Only teasing Ed. My folks lived in the Paradise Valley / Scottsdale area for 10-12 years. I have no problem with Arizona, Vegas or Colorado. I'm just hoping to be invited back to next years Rally.

Vince H