Rally 7 will be in...

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
+1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, yes, you would have to worry about that no doubt! LOL

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
...my vote is for Sonoma's Infineon Raceway (Ex. Sears Point). Great track and local surroundings, San Francisco 20 minutes away.....
Sonoma County, CA - wine, Pacific Ocean, Infineon Raceway & very very nice weather.
Ed
PS 90 miles from my home!
Infineon Raceway, Sears Point, California. San Francisco and Napa next door. Foothills of the Sierra Nevada? Weather perfect! Ed Sims and Ralphie would know.

Sears Point gets my vote. It's less then 20 miles from where I grew up, and I'll be back on the west coast next fall. The Sonoma Mission Inn is relatively close to the track. Of course if you want night life that extends beyond drinking a 40 in the parking lot of Sonoma Valley High School, it would be best to stay in San Francisco.

Best Regards,
Waldo

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Watkins Glen, July- August

rsman

GT Owner
Jun 2, 2007
Sears Point all the way. Time it in August so that it dovetails with the Monterey historics/PebbleBeach.All that, combined with cooler temps,near sea level peformance and a little Napa/Sonoma Valley wine action, would make this a legendary venue for Rally 7 and likely one that the wives/girlfriends might well enjoy the most if they were so inclined.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Not glitsy, but the road course at Indy.

Certainly would qualify as a fast course, with lots of area for run-off. Shouldn't be any issues with noise.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Do you have the understanding that it will be "opened up"? Grand-am is the 1st race since F1 to go there (Grand am will be there next year). Ironically they are testing there this week.....

The Hyatt, and I think it is the Mariott down by the convention center, are not bad at all.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/201...l_raises_tire_issue&utm_campaign=awdailydrive

Not glitsy, but the road course at Indy.

Certainly would qualify as a fast course, with lots of area for run-off. Shouldn't be any issues with noise.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Sears Point has a great drag strip also. I'm sure Mario Andretti would do something for us at our hotel or his winery. Jeff Gordon also!

Ed

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Venum, the only hotel that is reasonable with covered parking is the Kohler. A little far from the track. Colder temps make for loose tires and lots of spins. The track owners do not treat racers very well. I'd go there if we had to, but I'd rather be someplace else.

The American Club is 17 miles from the track.

Colder temps? It can be 100 in WI in August. Average temp is about 80.

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
I 2nd Sonoma Wine country!!!!!!!! Lots to do and see. Great track!

gtjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 28, 2006
+1!

legendmetals

Legendmetals
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 24, 2009
El Cajon California
I'm infor Sonoma. Would be my first rally.

NJF

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Road America & The American Club

GT Venum

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 4, 2010
Wisconsin
+1

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
:agree: +2

I'm infor Sonoma. Would be my first rally.

I 2nd Sonoma Wine country!!!!!!!! Lots to do and see. Great track!

:agree:

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Road America & The American Club

+3

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
+++++++++++++! Great overall venue.

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Yes, Infineon/Sears Point in Sonoma gets my votes, great technical track, lots to do, more to drink and great places to eat.

Doctr V

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
These all sound like great venues. Hopefully it will be somewhere on the east coast because I wanna go this year!!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
These all sound like great venues. Hopefully it will be somewhere on the east coast because I wanna go this year!!

Doctr V -

While I can understand your frustration, and I wouldn't mind coming to the east - I'm a bit disappointed in your somewhat selfish desires. It sounds like you'll only go if the Rally is close to you, while many of us go to all the Rallies no matter where they are located. It's a National Rally, not a local get together, and I would hope that you would join us wherever it is held.

I've met so many Ford GT owners from all over the country by attending these events, and come to love and respect them for their attributes other than owning a Ford GT. While it's the car that brought us together, the rallies have broadened my interests, acquaintances and friendships. I encourage you to go to the Rally wherever it is held.