Rally 5 Hotel - The Umstead

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Checking in on the 28th and out on the 2nd. Is it time to go yet?

Just be ready to get your ass whooped go karting.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The rally registration site under the motel information will not respond. Is registration open? Is the site down?

Sorry Blake, can you clarify which site? :confused Rally Registration isn't open yet. Will be next week.

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Registration

On the first page of this thread below the hotel information it apeard to be a registration link. Page is RED and has link info.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yeah, sorry, that's just a screen capture. Legit site will be up this coming week.

Lightning

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 9, 2006
Hutchinson, Kansas
Vince & Pattie are booked!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Vince, make sure you check out the Rally to the Rally thread leaving from St. Louis.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
I just booked four nights at $225 per, no problems, very helpful staff

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
I think I will stay at the track (VIR) at least on Sept 28 and 29. The Suites and Lodge are booked up but I found a villa...I have always stayed in the garage suites, so this will be new. I think I will head to Raleigh after our last track day on the evening of the 29th. Let me know if any of you plan to stay at the track...I just find it easier than making myself get up so early in the morning...plus, I will have my Hoosiers waiting for me! Ha.:cheers

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Just made reservations. Attended first GT Ralley in Dearborn. Looking forward to our second in NC.

Mark06GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Booked!

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
booked

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
To anyone that booked early, like me, I was not originally able to book the 28th, and get the group rate. I just called back and was able to successfully update the reservation to include the night of the 28th.

rmartin175

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 15, 2006
Delaplane, Virginia
I think I will stay at the track (VIR) at least on Sept 28 and 29. The Suites and Lodge are booked up but I found a villa...I have always stayed in the garage suites, so this will be new. I think I will head to Raleigh after our last track day on the evening of the 29th. Let me know if any of you plan to stay at the track...I just find it easier than making myself get up so early in the morning...plus, I will have my Hoosiers waiting for me! Ha.:cheers
I will probably stay at the Track also. Motorhome and enclosed car trailer.

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
Rally 5 Website

Is the Rally 5 "REGISTRATION" Website up yet???:confused

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
Is the Rally 5 "REGISTRATION" Website up yet???:confused

Soon. Very, very soon guys.

I'm not speaking for DBK, but I'm guessing the 24 Hr. Lemans trip has impacted delivery.

The minute it's live, I'll let Dave know and I'm sure he'll post the URL.

BTW - the site will be optimized for superphones (iPhone, Android, etc.) so everyone can get the itinerary, maps, etc. during the event (assuming we have cell phone coverage).

Hang tight. :tap:

REDEEMED

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 10, 2008
The Umstead says they have no covered parking for any cars. Is this correct? Any plans for nightime out of any potential rain?

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
The Umstead says they have no covered parking for any cars. Is this correct? Any plans for nightime out of any potential rain?

My car doesn't melt in the rain. In fact, driving it in the rain just makes it run cooler.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
My car doesn't melt in the rain. In fact, driving it in the rain just makes it run cooler.

Mebbe so, but, you hafta remember not EVERYONE has Jason on speed dial! :lol

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
How about a temporary tent for the cars? Willing to cover incremental cost of such for a "tent pass" for the duration.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
We talked about the tent thing, but after the Russo and Steele, tents have the potential to be way, way, way more damaging than rain.