Rally 5 Hotel - The Umstead

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The Umstead Hotel and Spa will be home base for Rally 5. It's a very reasonable (and relatively scenic) drive to the track, it's located very, very close to the Raleigh-Durham international airport, has great food and it's close to all sorts of things for guests to do with their spare time. It's a world class hotel in a world class area. MAD IN NC and I made the drive to the track a few times and it's just about a 1 hour drive, with the last half being two lane country roads.

http://www.theumstead.com/index.cfm

100 Woodland Pond
Cary, NC 27513
(919) 447-4000

PLEASE CALL BETWEEN 8:30 AM and 5:00 PM and if there is confusion reference the group code FORD0910!

There are currently 75 rooms booked for our group under Ford GT National Rally, and this is not a large hotel, so if you plan on comin, get bookin. Official events begin early September 29 and conclude late October 1.

1447_0_entrance_fsa-g.jpg

1447_3_premier_fsa-g.jpg

1447_4_Herons_fsa-g.jpg

1447_5_Terrace_fsa-g.jpg

1447_8_Lobby_fsa-g.jpg

Sorry on the wait for registration. AZSTAD and Joyride are graciously putting together an online registration and website for us, which should be up this week.

FordGTRally.png

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Question

Do we book room through Hotel or through the website you are working on?

Thanks,

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Book yourself.

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
ok. Now you go book your self.

See you there Doc.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Booked last night. The regular Reservations Office seems to have a "problem" releasing the "blocked" rooms, so you need to talk to the front desk as they can open the blocked package. Good pricing DBK, thanks a lot.

Please don't tell MAD in NC where we're staying and that we changed hotels from what he thinks. Mikey, you might give out your address so people can ship their luggage to you (ha, ha, I might ship some Cubs garbage).

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
This is a nice hotel. And, as much as I would like to see you spend $$ in Va the truth is there is no great hotel near the track . I hope to go to this if it does not conflict with a Viper event I have committed to.

You cannot beat VIR. I am just a 2 hr drive away.

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Booked last night. The regular Reservations Office seems to have a "problem" releasing the "blocked" rooms, so you need to talk to the front desk as they can open the blocked package. Good pricing DBK, thanks a lot.

Frank, do you remember the name of the person you spoke with?
Just tried booking, and both reservations, as well as the front desk, couldn't find the info.

Jeff

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I just called and was told that it was a computer error and the block should be released. If you call back right now (or whenever) you should be able to book. The discounted rate should be $225. It's a sweet hotel for that rate. I've stayed at the Residence in in bumbelfark for $190, so I can't complain.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Please Note

Gentlemen,

As events will start early on September 29, most of us will be checking in on the 28th and checking out on the 2nd (4 total nights). If it's not on the official Rally 5 agenda, I will again put together a dinner on September 28 at 7pm. Plan to arrive at the hotel by 6pm on the 28th so you can make the scene at 7:00. :cheers If there is an official opening night function on the 28th.....then nevermind. Cheers.

Chip

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
We'll be starting out on the morning of the 29th, so count me among the die hards at the Annual Chip Beck Pre-Rally Post-Rally to the Rally Pre-Dinner on the 28th.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Done.

I'm booked. :banana :banana :banana Seems like I was booking my room for Rally 1 in Detroit just about a year ago. :willy

Chip

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Annual Chip Beck Pre-Rally, Post-Rally to the Rally, Pre-Dinner on the 28th

We'll be starting out on the morning of the 29th, so count me among the die hards at the Annual Chip Beck Pre-Rally Post-Rally to the Rally Pre-Dinner on the 28th.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

OK, I'll start a seperate thread for that.

Chip

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
I just called and was told that it was a computer error and the block should be released. If you call back right now (or whenever) you should be able to book. The discounted rate should be $225. It's a sweet hotel for that rate. I've stayed at the Residence in in bumbelfark for $190, so I can't complain.

You Da Man!

I was able to get it all set up.

Thanks for the help!

Jeff

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
See my post in the other pre-Rally thread about booking the 28th. Hotel said I couldn't get a room.

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Booked!!! :banana:banana:banana

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Sue and I are Booked 28-2nd. We're Ready to travel. Tomy Hamon

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
It's hard to be Frank.

See my post in the other pre-Rally thread about booking the 28th. Hotel said I couldn't get a room.

Frank,

Your reputation must have preceeded you as everybody else is booking just fine on the 28th!! I would try to book under an assumed name. :biggrin

Chip

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Acutally, I tried to book as Mike Dobbs. Go figure.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
When I booked today around my time at 3:00pm the resevation desk first told me I couldn't get the 225 rate for the 28th and I would have to pay the higher rate and that they only had a certain number of rooms for the 26th. I didn't accept that and memtioned that Dave had 75 rooms blocked and that surely "they weren't over booked yet", so don't take that for an excuse. He went and talked to a manager and got it straight. Tomy Hamon

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
I just finished booking for Omera and I , the reservation went very smooth and the guy was aware of the GT event and I was advised of the $225.00 for all nights. We are ready too !!