Rally 5 Hotel - The Umstead

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
I'm booked. The clerk to whom I spoke didn't know the details of the FGT deal but after checking with the front desk a couple of times he was able to get me the correct room and rate.

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
My wife and I are booked 28th-2nd :banana and was given the correct rate although he did initially pause and had to consult someone for giving me the rate on the 28th.

Magic

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Rally to Rally 5

OK boys and girls, I'm starting a new thread on the Rally to Rally from St.Louis. Check it out!

john gourley

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 27, 2006
Rally

So sorry to have missed the last Event. Looking forward to seeing everyone in NC. John Gourley

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Looks like a great spot. I'm booked as well! This area is also famous for long distance running (according to my girlfriend).

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
Booked! 28th thru the 2nd. Dave sign me and the Mrs. up for everything!! (I'll fill her in as to what that means later):wink

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Booked last night. The regular Reservations Office seems to have a "problem" releasing the "blocked" rooms, so you need to talk to the front desk as they can open the blocked package. Good pricing DBK, thanks a lot.

Please don't tell MAD in NC where we're staying and that we changed hotels from what he thinks. Mikey, you might give out your address so people can ship their luggage to you (ha, ha, I might ship some Cubs garbage).

As a matter of fact I was just at the Umstead last night.... There is a bar tab under your name that I walked out on Frank:cheers

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Booked 28th-2nd. Group rate, no problems.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
As a matter of fact I was just at the Umstead last night.... There is a bar tab under your name that I walked out on Frank:cheers

Mike,

Glad to hear you have got Rally V off to a good start already.:biggrin

Keep Dr. Frank's tap open for a while, I'll be there soon.:thumbsup

Looking forward to seeing you and having Frank buy.:cheers

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
well it is official, my fears of meeting the GT family are going to become a reality.

Booked today, talked to Robert (who has the authority to unlock the rooms) and Dan both very nice & knew the rate and the event:thumbsup

PS they don't take money....you just mention the pass code for billing.
FRANK:rofl

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Real funny RaceGuy. Now, check out the the Rally to the Rally thread and book at the Greenbrier in WVa.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
That was real easy! Booked and ready to go:thumbsup
Thanks Dave:cheers

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Just made reservations...

I just made our reservations for check-in on Sept 28th at 3pm and check out on October 2nd. All of the staff at the hotel now seemed to be fully 'tuned-in" to our event , timing , rates etc..
I did ask if they had parking facilities for storing our car-hauler trailers...they said they would get back to me on that one....

AJB (andy and margaret)

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I happened to be in Raleigh and went by the place last week. Seems cool, but the rigs will not be on thier site. I am sure there is somewhere near by that Dave has planned.

I did ask if they had parking facilities for storing our car-hauler trailers...they said they would get back to me on that one....

t)

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I cleared it with V.I.R and rigs can be left at the track for the duration of our event, before and after. It's huge, setup for this kind of thing, and if you're coming from the east or north, on the way to the hotel. We're working on getting some close by placement as well.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Great Dave...the hotel sent me an email and said they would be contacting you. They have another property only 1 mile from the hotel ...uncovered but secure that they can park/stage trailers. Possibly for our Southern travelers.
They said it has plenty of room.
Whatever you decide is fine with me....
AJB

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Waldo's booked!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
PLEASE CALL BETWEEN 8:30 AM and 5:00 PM and if there is confusion reference the group code FORD0910!

Thanks! Just over half the rooms are gone.

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Rally registration

The rally registration site under the motel information will not respond. Is registration open? Is the site down?

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
Checking in on the 28th and out on the 2nd. Is it time to go yet?