Rally 11 - COTA

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Didn't see registration link for the Marriot, called them up and apparently missed the group rate... Gonna be $391, $284, $284, $269 for each night, respectively.

Anybody have a recommendation for a different hotel or any locals have an extra bunk (with car)? For the first night.

Other plans for a group rate at a different location?

Just got real:thumbsup

Their website has rooms starting at $319 per night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
There is a Radison and a Four Seasons about two blocks away from the JW on Ceasar Chavez if you need additional rooms

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
2 times with 2 on each?

I'm in the registration and stuck? shows I picked two packages and it want's attendee's 1 and 2 with only one car? Do I need to do one package for me and car then back out and do another for the other couple and car? Confused.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
The Marriott is full at the group rate already and they told me it's $330 at night now. That was fast. Are the briefings going to be at the Marriott hotel? If yes, will there be parking for everyone at the hotel if we are not staying at the Marriott? I feel for you Dave. So many questions and it seems to be a quickly moving target now.

Last edited:

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I'm in the registration and stuck? shows I picked two packages and it want's attendee's 1 and 2 with only one car? Do I need to do one package for me and car then back out and do another for the other couple and car? Confused.

I am not really in the know but using common sense... I would do one registration for 2 complete the registration and then sign back in with two other names and complete that registration. Hope that helps... Also hope there are still spots left.

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
I'm in. registered twice with two cars. Awsum GT Thanks for your reply's. My tag on the 05 is your username. Can make Sunday drive in the hills as we will be heading home back to FL.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I'm in. registered twice with two cars. Awsum GT Thanks for your reply's. My tag on the 05 is your username. Can make Sunday drive in the hills as we will be heading home back to FL.

I think I got the last single registration tonight. Tried to get 2, but sold out with one. I tried to register another single for my wife, but the site shows the event as sold out. Now I have to figure out where I'm staying, and change my flight date out as I made reservations for a Sunday departure. Monday may be a bitch to get a flight out. Oh well.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca

My California plates on my 05 are also AWSUM GT

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
How many are in for a pre rally, I can look for a spot away from downtown. I need to know an approximate head count and nights you will be in town. There is a new development called the Domain. We have had several car functions there, or I can find something by our main lake (Travis).

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
How many are in for a pre rally, I can look for a spot away from downtown. I need to know an approximate head count and nights you will be in town. There is a new development called the Domain. We have had several car functions there, or I can find something by our main lake (Travis).

I'm in. I'll be arriving at a friends B & B in Wimberly about 1 hr south of Austin late on 12 Sep. So, I'd be available on the 13th and 14th.

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I arrive the 14th. Would love to join in.

550rwhp

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2012
North of Dallas, Texas
I didn't get picked for a NFGT, but got into the rally!! I am very excited for my first rally. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
I didn't get picked for a NFGT, but got into the rally!! I am very excited for my first rally. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

The rally should be considerably cheaper than a new GT.

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX

I live in Austin so I'm in.

Lady Moose

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 28, 2016
2 mooses are in - arriving Tuesday.
And to answer the questions:
1) casual wear (can dress up for dinner if that floats your boat, but not required).
a) DEFINITELY comfortable footwear at the track
2) be patient; you'll get all your stuff at the meet-n-greet (or there abouts)
3) buying seasoned Rally attendees drinks DOES earn you bonus points (hint, hint)

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
The site now says "Sold Out" so I missed the window. Strange, it also says that registration opened 20 July?

If any of you "over-registered" please let me have first dibs at the extra. And I'll throw in some drinks! TIA

Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
there are non-Rally rooms available right now. i am going to the Monterey Auto Week this month & if the room rate is less than $1000 night I'm happy! And I'm not kidding. $1800 night on the weekend. Crazy! There can't be a non-blocked room at the Marriott for the Rally that high. Go for it! See you there unless you want to sleep in your GT! Ask Dr Frank about that! LOL

Ed

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
For those wishing to arrive a day or more early for pre-Rally activities, no rooms are available at the Marriott at this time prior to Thursday.

I made reservations yesterday, yes not today, for the days before the rally. The told me they had had many rooms available. I had to to make a separate reservation for the days before the rally as they told me "the rally days before the rally are booked up". But then upon further questioning non-rally days were available before the rally. Go figure.

Ed

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I made reservations yesterday, yes not today, for the days before the rally. The told me they had had many rooms available. I had to to make a separate reservation for the days before the rally as they told me "the rally days before the rally are booked up". But then upon further questioning non-rally days were available before the rally. Go figure.

Ed

I booked the room at JW Marriott through Travelocity for the rally last night. It was cheaper at $391 per night. My flights were already booked so I booked the room for Wednesday, checking out Sunday. If I can change the flight, I will stay near the airport Sunday night.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida

Ed

Ed, Thanks! We broke the code. When they told us "no rooms," they were only looking at the "standard" room type that was blocked for the Rally. No standard rooms available. But, upgraded rooms are available. We booked Tuesday and Wednesday at $411+/night, but we may have to change rooms Thursday.