Rally 11 - COTA

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
It's my understanding that they do have spots reserved for us in the underground parking. However, I will defer to Mr. Bannister to confirm.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Based on the info provided by David, Bon and I have booked at the JW Marriott Austin /Sept 15-19. (Ford GT Forum Group) 512-474-4777 See ya there!

I may also book there just to be sure we have a room. I can always cancel.

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Anything going on with group rates for transportation, like previous Reliable deals?

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Anything going on with group rates for transportation, like previous Reliable deals?

I Believe DBK is working on this

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
If it's not too late, Mr & Mrs Fenzo are in.

Anybody driving/trailering from the Denver area?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The registration for the event is on the homepage at

www.fordgtrally.com

The events will begin the afternoon of September 15th. Because of some things I'm waiting for on scheduling, I can't give you the exact time right now. I apologize, but it's the penalty to be paid for crafting the event late after a jam-packed year of events.

Upon registration, you will be sent the booking link to the JW Marriott. For some reason they've been having issues, but the group booking manager has emailed me and said they are having them resolved. I have looked and at present 52 rooms have been booked, so it is working.

The hotel was chosen because it's a) brand new and b) because it has a 500 space underground parking garage to secure the cars. The group rate is $269 a night. Online rate at their website is $391.

You should check-in on Thursday September 15th and check-out on Monday September 19th.

Included in your registration fee is the 3-day VIP ticket to the COTA festivities. However, COTA informs me the car corrals are not made available on Thursday nor are the suites. If you'd like to go to the track in the morning and check things out, I'm more than happy to make your tickets available so you can go do that. We will be having our Thursday evening get together off-site. We will be at COTA all day Friday and Saturday, including dining at the hospitality, so that may be track fatigue for your significant others.

Sunday, we will be driving all day out in the hill country, and our final Sunday evening dinner is at Thurman's Mansion, which is part of the Salt Lick BBQ.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
For those wishing to arrive a day or more early for pre-Rally activities, no rooms are available at the Marriott at this time prior to Thursday.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Would like to go early where is everyone staying until check in JW?

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
The registration for the event is on the homepage at

www.fordgtrally.com

The events will begin the afternoon of September 15th. Because of some things I'm waiting for on scheduling, I can't give you the exact time right now. I apologize, but it's the penalty to be paid for crafting the event late after a jam-packed year of events.

Upon registration, you will be sent the booking link to the JW Marriott. For some reason they've been having issues, but the group booking manager has emailed me and said they are having them resolved. I have looked and at present 52 rooms have been booked, so it is working.

The hotel was chosen because it's a) brand new and b) because it has a 500 space underground parking garage to secure the cars. The group rate is $269 a night. Online rate at their website is $391.

You should check-in on Thursday September 15th and check-out on Monday September 19th.

Included in your registration fee is the 3-day VIP ticket to the COTA festivities. However, COTA informs me the car corrals are not made available on Thursday nor are the suites. If you'd like to go to the track in the morning and check things out, I'm more than happy to make your tickets available so you can go do that. We will be having our Thursday evening get together off-site. We will be at COTA all day Friday and Saturday, including dining at the hospitality, so that may be track fatigue for your significant others.

Sunday, we will be driving all day out in the hill country, and our final Sunday evening dinner is at Thurman's Mansion, which is part of the Salt Lick BBQ.

I clicked on the link on my iPhone and it says safari can't find the server.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
We will be arriving on Monday and staying at the JW Marriot in Austin . As soon as DBK posted the hotel info the other night we called the hotel and they told us the FordGT rooms were all gone. We asked about a suite and it looks like we reserved the last suite that was available.

We are working on getting a transport from the left coast to Austin... It looks like there are 6 of us from Washington, central California and southern California.

if DBK is able to arrange a better deal on trucking before we secure a truck, we would be interested.

Try this - http://www.fordgtrally.com/

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I clicked on the link on my iPhone and it says safari can't find the server.

Sorry, I'm an idiot. Fixed.

63492701.jpg

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
"We will be at COTA all day Friday and Saturday, including dining at the hospitality, so that may be track fatigue for your significant others."

Well stated!! Dave, are you running for office? Lol!

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
I'm registered. Sweet! My first Rally and I live in Austin ; Score!!!!!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'm registered. Sweet! My first Rally and I live in Austin ; Score!!!!!

You don't require hotel correct? Just trying to make sure because room block is almost wiped out.

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Are these packages include member and spouse? i am bringing two cars and two others. So four people total. Packages says 1, 2 or 3?

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
per person... better register 2 times asap... GT rooms almost gone if not gone already from what I hear

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
For those wishing to arrive a day or more early for pre-Rally activities, no rooms are available at the Marriott at this time prior to Thursday.

I called yesterday and we were able to get a room for the 14th must have been one of the last ones!

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Didn't see registration link for the Marriot, called them up and apparently missed the group rate... Gonna be $391, $284, $284, $269 for each night, respectively.

Anybody have a recommendation for a different hotel or any locals have an extra bunk (with car)? For the first night.

Other plans for a group rate at a different location?

Just got real:thumbsup

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
per person... better register 2 times asap... GT rooms almost gone if not gone already from what I hear

Four times, four people??

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
2 times with 2 on each?