Rally 11 - COTA

William S

GT Owner
Jun 27, 2007
San Clemente, CA
Steve made us cheat! I had nothing to do with it�� Any way just wanted to send a thank you to all who made this rally happen special thanks to DBK And steve a for the invite Had an incredible four days ,thank you all!

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
If the TX team ever sets up another rally we are introducing penalty points (bop) for having an additional spotter.

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Guys, yet another great rally! Heck what a great year!!!
So many excellent people to enjoy, laugh with and to just celebrate this Ford GT Forum phenomenom :thumbsup:thumbsup
Thank you to all those who helped put this rally together. It was truly special. Texas hospitality rocks:thumbsup
Most of all thank you DBK and Francesca for causing this right from the beginning :cheers:thumbsup

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Hey Guys, my wife and I are eating Salt Lick BBQ again tonight for dinner. It's is just not the same dining without 150 of my closest GT buds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
If the TX team ever sets up another rally we are introducing penalty points (bop) for having an additional spotter.

Additional BoP for use of non Ford GT vehicle too? Just kidding Steve A.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Of course

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
We followed the rules! :lol Maybe next year all you Chevy/Ferrari/Astin BOP fans should campaign before the start. :rofl
Good to see you back and involved again William.

GeeTee

GT Owner
Jul 5, 2015
What a wonderful Rally 11!! Thanks so much to Dave and Francesca for making such magic memories for us. Truly appreciated. (And I'd like to hear your musical talents sometime Dave! I feel a GT Forum Band forming at some point with maybe Soroush on the piano and you on, well, all the other instruments Dave, especially the drums. Sooo, just need a volunteer singer, anyone?)

By the way, now have the lovely solid all round black carbon fibre bangle with silver clasp, so well made in Canada, that I mentioned to you. Also ordering the leather one with carbon fibre clasp - they are mens ones but really can be unisex....Another nice souvenir to remind me of the event with the GT race car and all the carbon fibre in that. They sell CF rings too. If anyone is interested, I can send the store link if you PM me)

Lovely to meet all of you again for a catchup. To all the Garys, Daves, Chrises, Steves, and a Vince or two. That covers about 99 per cent it seems! Terry, good to see another Canadian there, and Fred, Phil, Frank the woman charmer, and numerous others.

Michele and John - so much fun to spend time with you and travelling together in your vehicle, "The Three Moosketeers....and a Hostage" will never be forgotten.

Thanks to all the four people putting the lovely scenic drive and questions together for the competition. Not sure what all the answers were but we think we did well!! AS for the "which car has the most torque at the Petrol Lounge, we still maintain that any slot car had the most torque.... ;)

Loved the picture by Garen and the posters we are having framed too.

Til next time,

Pam and Oliver
GeeTee and Moose

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Yes, thanks for all the cool drives. We added a few of our own detours on each drive & loved it. I had 740 miles of Texas driving with my GT this rally!

Ed

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Yes, thanks for all the cool drives. We added a few of our own detours on each drive & loved it. I had 740 miles of Texas driving with my GT this rally!

Ed

I logged about 640 and miles of Texas roads and most, except for a few Austin traffic jams, were great.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
I was just noticing the views on this thread--over 37,000! It's amazing, given the approximately 4,000 cars that were produced in total, over 10 years ago.

What an enthusiast group!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

I drove 1100 miles in 15 hours nonstop except for gas getting back to Scottsdale. We had a great time and I enjoyed connecting with a few members I hadn't spent enough time with in the past. I never get tired of our amazing members and looking at these beautiful cars. Thanks again Dave!! God bless America.

Chip

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 366

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Chip, good run!

Also, I want to send a PM to John Tichy but can't quite remember his Forum handle, so I can't get that to send him a PM. Could someone give me a hint? TIA

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
The Mooses or blue Mooses

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I logged about 640 and miles of Texas roads and most, except for a few Austin traffic jams, were great.

I had a few more than you since we came early & drove to San Antonio & back! Everyday pf the rally was fun!

Ed

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
Kinda... This certainly wasn't my rally luck wise.

Last one standing

0173e59e7b90f39e85be336197a9c8a0.jpg

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Thanks, Dave! For putting together another awesome Rally/Event!! We thoroughly enjoyed!

Thanks to those that put together the Sunday Cruise- y'all did good!! Thanks to Henry Ford III, the GT Drivers, & others for stopping by! Thanks to Raj for dropping in during the 2nd race- too cool! Thanks Henry Ford II for creating the DREAM in the 60's; to Ford for keeping it going and for so unselfishly sharing it with us mortals!

A special thanks to Francesca for sharing Dave with us...........again!

God Bless you al!!