Raj Nair announces allocation process for 2017 Ford GT at Ford GT National Ra...

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
All of these are good points, four years is a long time when you consider all the crazy cars that have been released lately. One good thing is you can always add boost with Turbos �� It's a good time to be a gearhead.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
They will build 250 per year. As Chip stated, the 1 per week figure is a current figure for the M1 prototype cars. Eventually when they are in production they will complete ~1 car per day.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I heard the opposite. 250 units/year is going to be a stretch and Multimatic may never get that many out the door. And if you think about it, how many cars in the sub-$1 million range are still relevant and/or competitive after 3 or 4 model years? With all the tech that could potentially come out between now and its actual release next year, there is even some small question of whether it will still be competitive in 2016. Unless they make some fairly drastic changes over the course of its production, I don't see why they would extend it beyond the 4 year run, esp given its probable small (maybe negative?) margins.

Ed,

It was great to finally meet you at the rally! Now let me tell you why I think you're wrong. :lol

First, I'm willing to bet there are many buyers who won't be cross shopping this car against anything else, so it's irrelevant whether the car is "competitive" in the sense that you're referring to. I'm in this group and I suspect many here are too. For me, it's Ford GT or nothing else in this price range. For many of us, it's just like the last car, albeit at a higher price point. Had it not been for the '05-06 GT, the most expensive car I'd likely own is my Kirkham Cobra.

Second, we are entering a phase where substantial performance gains can be had with "software" changes and few hardware changes, thereby keeping the cars in the competitive hunt longer than one might think. The McLaren MP4-12C/650S is a good example. The NFGT has all the ingredients baked in for these incremental improvements: turbos, DCT, active aero and I'm sure a very, very smart PCM. Browse the Mustang forums and take a gander at the massive performance increases possible with the little 2.3 Ecoboost, and that motor is quite pedestrian compared to the Ford GT Ecoboost. I have little doubt the NFGT will be able to stay competitive for some time.

Last edited:

Matt

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2012
Tampa, FL
Hey Paul, cut Ed some slack, his personal disclaimer is mentioned in his Forum name. :)

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Hey Paul, cut Ed some slack, his personal disclaimer is mentioned in his Forum name. :)

Of course Matt. I forgot my manners.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
I literally got goose bumps when Raj made this announcement to us. This allocation insures that the new GT like our GT's will continue on it's legacy as the Supercar that can truly be obtained by true blue Ford guys. Couldn't ask for any more of an accommodation and you can bet I will be applying. Masterpiece of design and engineering. Just staggering.

Vince H

Last edited:

stumeat

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2010
Georgia
Goosebumps here too. Can't wait for details. I'm in.
R

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
I wonder if past or present owners of original GT40s are at the front of the line

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
Well I am happy, but still know I have about 1/3 chance of getting a car, maybe less. Its still really cool to think Ford, a massive company, can still hear their diehard customers and rewards them with a program like this. Bravo...

Either way, allocation or not, love will find a way :D

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Going down the chain of "qualifiers" for a successful application would anyone think total number of fordgtforum posts may come into play at any given time ?

some of you better start working on your post count :)

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO

Here's to hoping that posting mileage on a GT is a factor. A guy with 10 no mileage GTs and a fleet of F150s shouldn't rate over a RALPHIE. :thumbsup

Some of you better start working on your mileage :biggrin

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
INFORMATION
2016 Ford GT Program Update
SUMMARY
The purpose of this communication is to provide dealers with new information on the Ford GT program and establish timing expectations for the ordering process.

Ford GT Program Update
Raj Nair, Ford’s Global Director of Product Development will be making the following announcement to a gathering of Ford GT owners on Thursday, August 27, 2015:

Ford will introduce a unique ordering process for the all-new Ford GT supercar, with the program commencing in early 2016.
Ford GTs will be assigned based on a customer application process, offering a personalized experience for every Ford GTbuyer.
Anyone can apply; priority will be given to loyal Ford customers including current Ford GT owners.
Applicants selected through the process will be assigned a car by Ford and complete their purchase through a Ford GT certified dealership of their choice.

Additional Information for Dealers

The Ford GT customer application process will begin in early 2016. Details on the application process will be provided closer to the application process start date.
Ford dealers will be able to opt-in and certify to sell the Ford GT. Details on the sales certification requirements will be communicated later this year.
A separate process will be established for Ford Dealership owners who wish to register and own a new Ford GT.
Limited production, high cost materials/parts and unique technologies will require unique factory-sponsored processes and resources to support customers and dealers. A separate service opt-in and certification process will be communicated in Q2/Q3 2016.
We recommend that dealers refrain from taking customer deposits.
As we continue to develop and refine the unique customer selection, allocation, and distribution processes for this extremely low-volume supercar, we will keep dealers fully informed.

Key Ford GT Product/Program Information (previously announced)

The Ford GT is an exciting demonstration of Ford’s capabilities and our culture of innovation & passion.
Ford Performance will begin racing the new Ford GT in 2016 in both the Tudor/IMSA and WEC road car racing series including a return to LeMans 50 years after the GT40 program’s historic 1-2-3 finish in 1966.
Production of the Ford GT road car will begin in late 2016 at dedicated facility in Markham, Ontario; global volume will be 250 vehicles per year.
The all-new Ford GT will be priced to compete with exotic sports cars including Lamborghini, Ferrari and McLaren.
Key vehicle specs:
Lightweight construction - 100% carbon fiber body panels and passenger cell
Aerodynamic design and active features including speed-activated deployable rear wing
3.5L V6 Ecoboost engine producing over 600hp

This is the same process Ford used when they allocated the 28 GT cars delivered in the UK back in 2005. I think it worked very well.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
As a former Ford Dealer I am very excited about Fords direction as to Distribution of the New Ford GT. Gentlemen believe me when I say "This is a Bold Step for Ford," never been done before. Customer #1 is the best direction Ford could take on a very small number of production. GREAT. My Dealer friends are already calling me and I've told them "Gentlemen I was told that Dealers will be paid Fairly in the sale of this vehicle, and I believe that". Just this past week I can't tell you enough , I see great things ahead with Ford and their customers and now I am a customer, not a Dealer. I love this attention as a customer and just hope I know someone who might have the privilege of ownership. I'm just going to keep rubbing my special good luck coin and continue purchasing Ford Stock and vehicles ,(I purchased a lot of stock when I sold my Dealership 6 years ago and it was cheap). It will be the pick of the draw. Good luck to everyone. That' my 2 cents and it didn't cost much.

Last edited:

SBR

GT Owner
Aug 23, 2009
I am very shocked (pleasantly) that a company the size of Ford is doing what they can to assure that the cars will go to rightful owners. Before this announcement I figured that my chances were nil to acquire one but now after this, who knows. Either way, a huge hats off to Ford!

StormBringer

Jul 18, 2014
Greenwich & Malibu
Any special warranties in the works for track days? Anything similar to what McLaren offers for it's owners for track day events?

Hat's off to Ford they seem to be advancing this model in a positive direction from day 1!

BC

zach05855

GT Owner
Oct 16, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
I had given up any chance of actually owning one of these beauties...But my prayers to the blue oval gods have been answered.

There is now some hope I will be able to snag an allotment. I have owned a half dozen Fords in the past 20 years.

Jaguar did a similar process to allocate the Project 7.

Applied and Jaguar selected the owners. Only individuals were allowed to apply, no companies, no dealer principles and no employees.

Last edited:

JKR

GT Owner
This is incredible news!!!
Christmas has come early for me, I can't believe what I'm reading...
Thank you FORD and who ever was involved in making this decision...
So much for the new boat at my new house...

mccarter1369

Ford Enthusiast
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 18, 2006
Denver, CO
Cannot believe what I am reading. As many of you, I had almost given up the thought of owning a NFGT. My father worked on the assembly line at the Walton Hills Stamping Plant for almost 40 years, one of the happiest days of my life was buying him a new Ford of his choice...if the stars align and I am lucky enough to get another GT, I firmly believe it will come close to the feeling I had that day. So proud of Ford and this decision!

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
Thank You Ford

I remember standing next to the red prototype car in Carlisle, PA at the 2003-2004 All Ford show. It was the first time I had gotten to see the new car in person. I had wanted one since I was 5 and my mom gave me the little white and blue matchbox GT40. Never thought they would ever build it again. One of my buddies came up to me as I stood there and told me to stop staring and to "live in the now" mocking me with the Wayne's World quote. It all worked out and I used all available husband points to get one and then another for my son. This announcement at least gives us regular real Ford guys hope. That coupled with the direct buy option could well make it a reality. Making it a life estate purchase would keep the quick resale vultures away too. Thank you Ford!

Attachments

• IMG_0397.jpg
    IMG_0397.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 465
Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Going down the chain of "qualifiers" for a successful application would anyone think total number of fordgtforum posts may come into play at any given time ?

Ford has been monitoring this site. All of you with the list of "foreign cars" (vettes, vipers, ferraris, etc) will be sorry you posted that info.