Raj Nair announces allocation process for 2017 Ford GT at Ford GT National Ra...

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Application process begins in early 2016

Priority given to current Ford GT owners

Complete purchase through Ford GT certified dealer of their choice

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
That's fantastic news. Will the application process be the confirmation that you are a current owner, or does one need to make sure they are registered (with Ford?) prior to the application.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
1. The car is assigned to THE OWNER

2. The car is assigned to the owner BY FORD

3. The customer will be able to have the car delivered to a certified Ford GT dealer of THEIR CHOICE

This is BIG.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Any owner or original owner?

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
WOW!!!! GO FORD!!!! This is amazing news..

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
1. The car is assigned to THE OWNER

2. The car is assigned to to the owner BY FORD

3. The customer will be able to have the car delivered to a certified Ford GT dealer of THEIR CHOICE

This is BIG.

You're right! This is BIG. Totally different from the way Ford has ever done a new vehicle!

Who else assigns the car to the buyer?

Will dealers have to agree to take delivery? What about the service network?

Presumably this means no ADMS - cars should move from Ford through the dealer at MSRP?

Any word on how many will actually be available in US (and Canada)?

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Also, is it PRESENT owner or are previous owners allowed in the game?

There will likely be an oversold situation. In that event how are things handled? First come, first served, lottery?

Any restrictions on resale?

Also, now that I read it is it ALL cars will be sold this way, or do GT owners jump to the head of the line and the remainder go through the dealer network?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
That's fantastic news. Will the application process be the confirmation that you are a current owner, or does one need to make sure they are registered (with Ford?) prior to the application.

Anyone can apply, GT or not, and once the process has begun, it will quickly become a personalized process. No computers involved, where staff works with the customer directly, so multi step process where previous GT ownership will be a substantial part of the equation.

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
Sign me up!!! I may just have to hire a professional writer to do my application. This is BIG NEWS for sure and glad FORD is allowing those of us that currently own GT's to have a chance or lets say an opportunity. Hats off to FORD!!!

Mark Heidaker

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Badass!

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
:willy:thumbsup

[video]https://youtu.be/a7jJnwEeiU0[/video]

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
INFORMATION
2016 Ford GT Program Update
SUMMARY
The purpose of this communication is to provide dealers with new information on the Ford GT program and establish timing expectations for the ordering process.

Ford GT Program Update
Raj Nair, Ford’s Global Director of Product Development will be making the following announcement to a gathering of Ford GT owners on Thursday, August 27, 2015:

Ford will introduce a unique ordering process for the all-new Ford GT supercar, with the program commencing in early 2016.
Ford GTs will be assigned based on a customer application process, offering a personalized experience for every Ford GTbuyer.
Anyone can apply; priority will be given to loyal Ford customers including current Ford GT owners.
Applicants selected through the process will be assigned a car by Ford and complete their purchase through a Ford GT certified dealership of their choice.

Additional Information for Dealers

The Ford GT customer application process will begin in early 2016. Details on the application process will be provided closer to the application process start date.
Ford dealers will be able to opt-in and certify to sell the Ford GT. Details on the sales certification requirements will be communicated later this year.
A separate process will be established for Ford Dealership owners who wish to register and own a new Ford GT.
Limited production, high cost materials/parts and unique technologies will require unique factory-sponsored processes and resources to support customers and dealers. A separate service opt-in and certification process will be communicated in Q2/Q3 2016.
We recommend that dealers refrain from taking customer deposits.
As we continue to develop and refine the unique customer selection, allocation, and distribution processes for this extremely low-volume supercar, we will keep dealers fully informed.

Key Ford GT Product/Program Information (previously announced)

The Ford GT is an exciting demonstration of Ford’s capabilities and our culture of innovation & passion.
Ford Performance will begin racing the new Ford GT in 2016 in both the Tudor/IMSA and WEC road car racing series including a return to LeMans 50 years after the GT40 program’s historic 1-2-3 finish in 1966.
Production of the Ford GT road car will begin in late 2016 at dedicated facility in Markham, Ontario; global volume will be 250 vehicles per year.
The all-new Ford GT will be priced to compete with exotic sports cars including Lamborghini, Ferrari and McLaren.
Key vehicle specs:
Lightweight construction - 100% carbon fiber body panels and passenger cell
Aerodynamic design and active features including speed-activated deployable rear wing
3.5L V6 Ecoboost engine producing over 600hp

550rwhp

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2012
North of Dallas, Texas
I hope there is no math on the application! I can work on spelling and grammar.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Just hammered the "House For Sale" sign into our dead (California drought) lawn. These double-wides with oversized swamp coolers are bringing more coin than they were just a year ago.....

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Just hammered the "House For Sale" sign into our dead (California drought) lawn. These double-wides with oversized swamp coolers are bringing more coin than they were just a year ago.....

Kendall, me too!!! About to sell off a lot of stuff and sell a kidney!!! Holy cow. Great news!!!

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
WAY TO GO FORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's still probably a long shot but my chances just got a whole lot better now having owned 2 GTs (an original and current owner) and numerous other Fords.

To all who had a hand in this decision, thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU!!!!!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
GT Distritution plan is Fantastic for Current Ford GT Owners, remember as a former Ford Dealer THIS IS A VERY FORWARD STEP FOR FORD, never been done before. I'm so proud of Ford Motor Co, it's Exec., and employees. People this Rally has been like no other, FIRST Class in Every way. Dave has put together a Unbelievable Rally. Those of us here see what our GT Owners Forum means to Ford Motor Co. Gentlemen as a past dealer we've done and seen more than I've ever saw as a dealer. Ford Executives have been with us at every event. All I can say is Wow and Thank you. happy, happy, happy.

Last edited:

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
Well said that man !

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Was there t hear it live.. Everyone at the Rally was very, very excited about the news and to hear it Straight from Raj wow!! It was a great day, got a ride on the track in a new GT 350R wow !! impressive car.. !!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I recorded all of Raj's announcement, audio only, but I don't know if that can be uploaded.

A quote: "...priority is going to be given to loyal Ford customers, including current GT owners."

Oops! Sorry, I see the announcement is above.

Key point I think...there are a LOT of "loyal Ford customers." What? Tens of thousands anyway, eh?

Last edited: