Raj Nair announces allocation process for 2017 Ford GT at Ford GT National Ra...

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I think you're focusing too much on what a dealer is telling you and not on what Raj Nair said. DBK will let us know when, where and how to fill out the paperwork.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
One of the questions will be "are you the first and original owner of a 2005-2006 Ford GT".

Dave, any idea of the validity of this statement? If so, I would imagine that eliminates a hefty number (maybe the majority??) of the current membership here.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Dave, any idea of the validity of this statement? If so, I would imagine that eliminates a hefty number (maybe the majority??) of the current membership here.

I'm calling complete BS on this (esp. since it came from a dealer's mouth). Why being an original owner would make someone more 'worthy' rather than someone that bought used doesn't make sense at all.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV

Hey on the generous side there are going to be maybe 120 cars available. The ranting and raving is going to have some kind og point system. The alternate is pure lottery.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV

On the other hand if original owners just automatically move to the top of the list it still leaves the us civilian (non dealer owners not included)first year production oversold by a significant factor. So even if original owners bump to the top of the list there are still not enough to go around. I would not want to be on the selection committee. It's going to be like a grand jury.

RaceDeck

*Supporting Vendor & GT Owner*
Supporting Vendor
Aug 11, 2005
SLC Utah
Thanks for the info... Regardless of the process, I am guessing year one allocation will be like hitting the lottery :biggrin and if Ford is reading this, I love the idea of picking original 2005 owners, makes total sense to me :thumbsup

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
Simple fact is you'll get one or you won't. Ford would never be silly enough to tell you why you got it or didn't. Hey, they kept the car under wraps with no leaks for ages, so the likelihood of some dealer in wild west-shire getting the scoop on the allocation process is zero in my book.

I've got my fingers crossed like everyone else. If I'm lucky, hurray! If not, ah well....

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
I'm calling complete BS on this (esp. since it came from a dealer's mouth). Why being an original owner would make someone more 'worthy' rather than someone that bought used doesn't make sense at all.

Just a guess, but if you bought an original car from Ford (no matter which dealer), Ford got some money... If you bought used, Ford wouldn't have seen a penny...

If true, I'm screwed as I sold the original 2006 I bought and now own a "used" 2005...

I just hope to have a shot in 2017...

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I guess I am still technically an owner. Give me my Golden Ticket!!! Seriously, is the application available?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I guess I am still technically an owner. Give me my Golden Ticket!!! Seriously, is the application available?

Not yet. There will be lots of publicity when it is, trust me :)

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I am an original Owner. It makes sense to me that original owners get first priority .

andy (ajb)

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I am an original Owner. It makes sense to me that original owners get first priority .

andy (ajb)
:agree:

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Just a guess, but if you bought an original car from Ford (no matter which dealer), Ford got some money... If you bought used, Ford wouldn't have seen a penny...

If true, I'm screwed as I sold the original 2006 I bought and now own a "used" 2005...

I just hope to have a shot in 2017...
this was posted 2 months ago. Nothing has changed that I am aware of.

Ford GT Program Update
Raj Nair, Ford’s Global Director of Product Development will be making the following announcement to a gathering of Ford GT owners on Thursday, August 27, 2015:

Ford will introduce a unique ordering process for the all-new Ford GT supercar, with the program commencing in early 2016.
Ford GTs will be assigned based on a customer application process, offering a personalized experience for every Ford GTbuyer.
Anyone can apply; priority will be given to loyal Ford customers including current Ford GT owners.
Applicants selected through the process will be assigned a car by Ford and complete their purchase through a Ford GT certified dealership of their choice.

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
January is half over and still no Application. What is the latest?

Joe

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Still aiming for later this month.

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
Still waiting! Thank you.

Joe

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
This is going to be like it was this week hoping to win the Powerball. Just hoping my chances are better than the Powerball..

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
Yeah I keep logging in everyday saying "today is the day!"

Cant wait, fingers crossed. I think this picture helps my chances, me passing a Ferrari at Cota!

fordferrari.jpg

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
If I were Ford, I would do it at Daytona.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
If I were Ford, I would do it at Daytona.

sounds good to me !!!