Raj Nair announces allocation process for 2017 Ford GT at Ford GT National Ra...

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I read a post on the internet that Ford announced the price for the new Ford GT. Initially it was speculated to sell $350-400,000. So I thought I would surprise my wife with a home equity loan withdrawal to subsidize the buy.
Now they apparently officially announced it at $600,000.
Do you think my wife will be pissed off if I sell the house? (With my luck she would start divorce proceedings. Then I will be out a wife, house and car or are the priorities reversed, and it should be car first, house second, wife third?)
Ford has made no such announcement. The sources of those are always on the "almost always unreliable sources" network. When the real announcement is made you'll hear about it here, trust me :)

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Uh oh, all my red Fords may not help then. I can't remember any recent Fords having brown paint. Do remember the color in the 60's and 70's. Cinnamint? Popular on Pintos.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
There is supposed to be a few token cars "out there" for holomogation purposes.... Well a 100, but I bet that doesn't happen.

The FORD GT website says coming this fall.

Fracman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Houston, TX
So you're saying...

Attachments

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Have these three been confirmed at the Rally ?
4 year production
250 units per year output
$400,000 MSRP
I recall hearing the 250/year figure, but nothing else. Ford probably hasn't set the final production or price yet. I can easily see an extended production run if the car is a hit.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
(Somehow, I seem to remember Ford trying to distance themselves from the Pinto, as much as possible! - no matter what the color!)

:lol

jbyrnes

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 13, 2006
Louisville CO
Yes, there will be stripe options. :lol

:secret:
IMO Stripeless, definitely stripeless. Maybe in year 4 though there'll be a "Heritage" paint option with the 2016 Le Mans R-W-B color scheme?? And as well sorted out as things may be in year 1, there's always something to improve on if you give an engineer time and money (or tweak like the clamshell latches & grille on the 06's) especially with a clean-sheet design like this, so I'm betting that the last year will end up being the ones to have. Another reason to procrastinate!

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I recall hearing the 250/year figure, but nothing else. Ford probably hasn't set the final production or price yet. I can easily see an extended production run if the car is a hit.
I heard the opposite. 250 units/year is going to be a stretch and Multimatic may never get that many out the door. And if you think about it, how many cars in the sub-$1 million range are still relevant and/or competitive after 3 or 4 model years? With all the tech that could potentially come out between now and its actual release next year, there is even some small question of whether it will still be competitive in 2016. Unless they make some fairly drastic changes over the course of its production, I don't see why they would extend it beyond the 4 year run, esp given its probable small (maybe negative?) margins.

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
January is half over and still no Application. What is the latest?

Joe

StormBringer

Jul 18, 2014
Greenwich & Malibu
Any special warranties in the works for track days? Anything similar to what McLaren offers for it's owners for track day events?

Hat's off to Ford they seem to be advancing this model in a positive direction from day 1!

BC

DBK

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Still aiming for later this month.

zach05855

GT Owner
Oct 16, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
I had given up any chance of actually owning one of these beauties...But my prayers to the blue oval gods have been answered.

There is now some hope I will be able to snag an allotment. I have owned a half dozen Fords in the past 20 years.

Jaguar did a similar process to allocate the Project 7.

Applied and Jaguar selected the owners. Only individuals were allowed to apply, no companies, no dealer principles and no employees.

Last edited:

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
Still waiting! Thank you.

Joe

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
This is going to be like it was this week hoping to win the Powerball. Just hoping my chances are better than the Powerball..

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I was told Multimatic is building at a rate of 1 per week and has no more capacity. I personally think this will be a very limited built GT. Let me clarify what was told to me: Presently they are building one per week, at this time that's all they can build.

Last edited:

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
It certainly is great news! With such a low number takes the difficulty to decide which dealer gets one, but now to decide which customer!! I met many GT owners at the Rally who besides their GT have been buying other Ford products for years!! (sometimes only cars they buy!). They certainly deserve one the first cars due to their loyalty!!Great job Ford!! Proud to own a GT!!

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
Yeah I keep logging in everyday saying "today is the day!"

Cant wait, fingers crossed. I think this picture helps my chances, me passing a Ferrari at Cota!

fordferrari.jpg

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Application process begins in early 2016

Priority given to current Ford GT owners

Complete purchase through Ford GT certified dealer of their choice
That's the best news I have had in a long time. Thanks to Dave and Ford for seeing this process through.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Liquid blue with the bronze wheels from that satin black car would kick ass, specially with a bronzey/tan interior (I'm old school on colours, satins always make me think "I wonder when they'll finish painting it?")

HUBBSTER

GT Owner
May 9, 2010
Miami, FL
I'm in :)