Raj Nair announces allocation process for 2017 Ford GT at Ford GT National Ra...

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Does it mean 2-car owners have double the chance of getting in? I may have to buy a few more to increase my chances! LOL

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I'm excited.

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
I guess the process may really be similar to employee purchases. For example, one of my daughters is an engineer at Honda, so we were able to buy an Acura SUV at a fixed employee price through the dealer of our choice, but with zero negotiation or hassle.

Reading the TTAC article, I realized I had forgotten about the lease-with-buyout method Lexus used to sell those horrible LFA's. But it's an interesting way to assure that the cars stay in the original owner's hands for a specific amount of time.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Just talked to the owner of our dealership and sales manager. They got some information from Ford today describing the so called program. They WILL have to put up money to become a certified dealer. Will it be worth to small dealerships?? Probably not, unless they (the owner) can get a car. Also they were describing the clause or wording regarding dealer purchase for personal use. My local Ford owner is not a car guy at all and has never purchased any "limited" anything, however, he said he will be putting his name in the hat for this one. I don't blame him, however, if every dealer does this (which anyone in their right mind would), who will have the better chance of getting one.... a current FGT owner or a dealer who purchases millions of dollars in Ford cars/trucks a year? My excitement is waning that few of us have a chance of obtaining the unicorn!!!! I think all we can hope is they increase the production run. :facepalm::bang

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
I'm confident Ford will prioritize customers over dealers. If they don't the whole point of the customer-oriented allocation Raj described would be neutralized. If only 10 percent of Ford dealers requested a car and were given priority that would eat up the first 2 years of production. Does Ford really want only dealers getting these cars for the next 3 years??? No way.

I'm sure dealers will get a shot at them, but I'd put a guesstimate at something like this for the first 250 cars:
  • 50 Cars for pure VIPs (Lenos, Seinfelds and key Ford personnel -- I know Mark Fields is getting one)
  • 150 Cars for customers who apply and pass the high standards for allocation
  • 50 Cars (max) for high-profile, high-volume dealers like Galpin

Again, pure guesstimate, but that would be my thinking if I ran Ford. And I might be high on the 50 for dealers. Wouldn't surprise me if it was 10 or 25, with the rest going for customers. Ford wants CUSTOMERS to own and drive this car, not wealthy people/dealers who will horde it away in warehouses (or even dealer showrooms). They are doing EXACTLY what they should for a car like this, which is very exciting for genuine Ford GT fans -- like us! :thumbsup

Last edited:

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
I'm confident Ford will prioritize customers over dealers. If they don't the whole point of the customer-oriented allocation Raj described would be neutralized. If only 10 percent of Ford dealers requested a car and were given priority that would eat up the first 2 years of production. Does Ford really want only dealers getting these cars for the next 3 years??? No way.

I'm sure dealers will get a shot at them, but I'd put a guesstimate at something like this for the first 250 cars:
  • 50 Cars for pure VIPs (Lenos, Seinfelds and key Ford personnel -- I know Mark Fields is getting one)

Again, pure guesstimate, but that would be my thinking if I ran Ford. And I might be high on the 50 for dealers. Wouldn't surprise me if it was 10 or 25, with the rest going for customers. Ford wants CUSTOMERS to own and drive this car, not wealthy people/dealers who will horde it away in warehouses (or even dealer showrooms). They are doing EXACTLY what they should for a car like this, which is very exciting for genuine Ford GT fans -- like us! :thumbsup

I sure hope you are right. I watched your video clip. It was great. Like you said, these cars need to be on the road, not under bubble wrap in a collection.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Take the Video as it is for now. Raj stated all that he could state at this time. More will follow. Don't guess. I have personally visited with a member of Ford Dealer Council before the Rally and Certified Dealers will be paid fairly for delivery. Dealers may not like this but it was worked out with Ford. We're a long away from exact details. BE EXCITED AND CALM.

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
Have these three been confirmed at the Rally ?
4 year production
250 units per year output
$400,000 MSRP

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV

You have to adjust the 250 number for Europe and Asia. That probably leaves 150-200 for the US/Canada

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Good point. Put 50 or so into Europe/Global allocation. Take 25 from dealers and 25 from U.S. customers.

Fracman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Houston, TX
So you're saying...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 514

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Have these three been confirmed at the Rally ?
4 year production
250 units per year output
$400,000 MSRP

I recall hearing the 250/year figure, but nothing else. Ford probably hasn't set the final production or price yet. I can easily see an extended production run if the car is a hit.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I recall hearing the 250/year figure, but nothing else. Ford probably hasn't set the final production or price yet. I can easily see an extended production run if the car is a hit.

I heard the opposite. 250 units/year is going to be a stretch and Multimatic may never get that many out the door. And if you think about it, how many cars in the sub-$1 million range are still relevant and/or competitive after 3 or 4 model years? With all the tech that could potentially come out between now and its actual release next year, there is even some small question of whether it will still be competitive in 2016. Unless they make some fairly drastic changes over the course of its production, I don't see why they would extend it beyond the 4 year run, esp given its probable small (maybe negative?) margins.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I was told Multimatic is building at a rate of 1 per week and has no more capacity. I personally think this will be a very limited built GT. Let me clarify what was told to me: Presently they are building one per week, at this time that's all they can build.

Last edited:

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
It certainly is great news! With such a low number takes the difficulty to decide which dealer gets one, but now to decide which customer!! I met many GT owners at the Rally who besides their GT have been buying other Ford products for years!! (sometimes only cars they buy!). They certainly deserve one the first cars due to their loyalty!!Great job Ford!! Proud to own a GT!!

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Application process begins in early 2016

Priority given to current Ford GT owners

Complete purchase through Ford GT certified dealer of their choice

That's the best news I have had in a long time. Thanks to Dave and Ford for seeing this process through.

HUBBSTER

GT Owner
May 9, 2010
Miami, FL
I'm in :)

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Wow... This would be seriously bad news... At that rate, would take longer than the total proposed production run just to build 250 cars...

I was told Multimatic is building at a rate of 1 per week and has no more capacity. I personally think this will be a very limited built GT.

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
I hope that the sales contract includes a "right of first refusal" clause from Ford. This will inhibit the flippers. When I bought my McLaren I had to sign an agreement that if I wished to sell the car within the first two years McLaren had the the right of first refusal to buy it back from me.

Completely agree!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

Ford has indicated that approximately 250 cars per year will be built. Multimatic may only be building 1 per week right now but customer cars wont be built at all until later in 2016. I have no reason to doubt that production won't be close to that 250 figure annually. Also, the Ford executives I spoke to said the 4 year build was not set in stone. They didn't indicate if it may be shorter or longer.

Chip