Pulley / Tuner kits in stock $ 999

Tom D.

GT Owner
Sep 14, 2018
Who in Michigan other than the GT Guy can install the package/tuner? I've tried getting a response from the GT Guy but he must be too busy to respond or I don't know the secret handshake/password to get into his club. Obviously, I'd like to use him since he's the guru and I'm only an hour away from him in Michigan. Any other suggestions on a trustworthy source?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Where are you located Tom?

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Estimated :
Tune I 91 Octane = 605-610
Tune II 93 Octane = 620
Tune III 100+ Octane = 630-640

Can you state the torque values also?

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Approx 580 / 595 / 610

Tom D.

GT Owner
Sep 14, 2018
Rochester area. I've used Pat Milliken Ford for fluid changes and airbag fix and was happy. Just wondering if their are better alternatives.

Reactions: Art138

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Alright. Hold please.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Tom D. - can definitely recommend the GT Guy. We used to band together and all chip in to fly them out and put them in a hotel room so that they could do their surgical magic on our GT's. You are super close. Should be worth the up front contact logistics for a smooth and confident upgrade.

Good luck!

Tom D.

GT Owner
Sep 14, 2018
I know the GT Guy is recommended and preferred by everyone on this site but I can't get a response. I think he's probably busy enough and that's fine. I just want a second best option.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Hi Tom. I'm not sure how mechanically inclined you are (or want to be!) Removing the OEM pulley and installing the press-fit smaller pulley requires some specialized tools. All the other steps are relatively straightforward. The first step (and perhaps the most intimidating) is removing the SC from the car. In actuality, this is very easy. You just need to be careful with the rubber vacuum hoses on the rear passenger side of the SC. To give you an idea, once the car has cooled down a bit, Ryan and I can typically have the SC off the car and on the bench in ~20 minutes.

Once on the bench, you would typically use the aforementioned "specialized" puller to get the OEM pulley off. Then you remove the SC snout so that you can press the new pulley on (and you are pressing directly on the back-side of the shaft). Anyway, where I was going with all of this is that if you sent us the SC snout, we could remove the OEM pulley and press on the smaller pulley and return the snout to you. Not sure if that helps at all - but at least an alternative.

Reactions: extrap

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Removing the supercharger is much easier than the service manual instructions. First I mark with blue tape every connection that is attached on both sides. A to A, etc. Then remove the bolts front to rear. Leave the rear bolts (just one will do) so they are loose but still engaged. You will see the belt pull the unit down. Use a piece of string and tie the belt to one of the frame cross members so it doesn't fall down. The remove the last bolt and tip the snout down and detach the belt. Now lift the unit off the engine. This is best done with two people. Be very careful about the gasket. It might stick to the engine or it might stick to the supercharger or it might become loose. It's a metal reinforced gasket and easily deformed if bent.

Reverse the process. Place the gasket down then carefully insert the unit and engage the belt being careful about the gasket alignment. Push down the rear to tighten the belt and insert the two back bolts and tighten down to take up belt slack.

I don't know if Torrie's kit includes an idler pulley but that is also relatively easy to change without disassembling the access port which requires removing the subwoofer if you have one.

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Once on the bench, you would typically use the aforementioned "specialized" puller to get the OEM pulley off. Then you remove the SC snout so that you can press the new pulley on (and you are pressing directly on the back-side of the shaft). Anyway, where I was going with all of this is that if you sent us the SC snout, we could remove the OEM pulley and press on the smaller pulley and return the snout to you. Not sure if that helps at all - but at least an alternative.

Is there a puller? The Ford pulley/tune instructions say to use a machine press to push it off and on. The Mustang superchargers all had a thread in the end and you could use a regular pulley puller but the GT's is a solid shaft.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I have a puller available if needed, you still need to press the pulley back on with the snout removed. Since as you pointed out above the shaft is not threaded press it on with our tool.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Is there a puller?

Yes, we have a puller... but I've never seen an out of the box puller that will work on a GT. Curious Torrie, what do you have?

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
Who in Michigan other than the GT Guy can install the package/tuner? I've tried getting a response from the GT Guy but he must be too busy to respond or I don't know the secret handshake/password to get into his club. Obviously, I'd like to use him since he's the guru and I'm only an hour away from him in Michigan. Any other suggestions on a trustworthy source?

Email sent to OP. Let me know if you would like my offer for this weekend. Sorry been busy trying to get all of the big builds and rebuilds I have going on completed. Seems like every car that comes in for service turns into something bigger and more involved. Which is good for all but hurts on my timing.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I am getting another round of pulley's back in stock, this time around they are solid black and look like the stock pulley just smaller for increased boost. :)

Link to order :

Ford GT SCT X4 2.8 Pulley Package - Unleashed Tuning

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Torrie, is there anything available or in the works for a tune that would remain CA CARB compliant or be certified CARB Exempt? (Which would provide a CARB compliant tune for smaller diameter pulley)

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I have the FRPP calibration that can be used for that and if I recall it was 50 state legal as well was it not?

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Yes, I believe that was CARB Exempt with Number.

I seem to recall issues with the FRPP programmer and VIN recognition (or failure to recognize). Wonder if that ever got resolved to satisfaction.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Define VIN recognition.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
This thread linked below first mentioned a "Vin recognition" issue in #1 and then followed up in #10 and additional comments in #17