Second question, my GT sometimes sits for a few months without being run. Is it better for me to run ethanol or ethanol-free 93 octane?
Stupid question here. When you preform step #3 and #4 doesn't the car fire up and rev like crazy?For any GT that is sitting more than a couple of weeks, I would recommend a practice of helping it prime oil pressure before letting it fire up. he process is an easy one and identical to what should be done after each oil change service.
1. Key on
2. Wait for odometer and trip meter to display
3. Press the accelerator pedal to the floor and hold it there
4. Press the start button and hold it down 10-15 seconds, then release it
5. Let up on accelerator pedal
6. Press the start button and let engine fire up
Stupid question here. When you preform step #3 and #4 doesn't the car fire up and rev like crazy?
What OBD reader do you use? I picked one up but it doesn’t seem to work for that purpose. Works on my SUV just fine