ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

Keeping alive what is now an annual tradition, on Thursday, Jan. 19, 2012, Ford GT owners, Team Members, and their wives will gather at the El Chorro Lodge for an evening of great food, cocktails, and good fellowship. This will be our 6th Annual gathering. Last year we had a huge turnout (about 60 members/wives/girlfriends) and everybody had a great time. The El Chorro Lodge is Paradise Valley's finest restaurant and they will be providing us with our own area and server staff. So if you are planning on attending Barrett-Jackson this year, please join us on Thursday night. Separate guarded parking will be provided for Ford GTs and members will be allowed to park them.

For those who have not been to one of Chip Beck's events before, here's how it works. The tab for dinner and cocktails plus a 20% tip will be divided by the number of participants and every body must pay IN CASH, no separate tabs and no credit cards. I think it came to $85 per person last year. So hit an ATM and show up with a pocket full of $20 dollar bills. This arrangement has worked well for 6 years now and it allows members plenty of time to socialize and makes everything faster and smoother for the staff and for participants. Do not suggest a change in method, and if you are concerned that since you don't drink or someone might have one more cocktail than you do and you are unwilling to participate in an event unless you receive more than you contribute, you will be missing out on a lot of fun.

Post up below if you plan on attending. I can add/delete until about 2 days before the event. Let me know 1-How many in your party? 2-Are you bringing your GT?

See you there!!

Chip Beck
Master of Ceremony

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'm currently planning on coming but will know one way or the other next week.

Thanks Chip for organizing! Wish I could have my car there.

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
Two mooses are in - we'll probably drive the Great White. A note and a disclaimer:

Note - if you are even considering it - DO IT! The dinners are fun; there's a boatload of new owners we will be honored to meet, and it is always a pleasure catching up with those who've been around a while. It is well worth the price of admission (and the food is pretty tasty, too. And the views. And the weather...heck -it's all good!).

Disclaimer - I feel compelled to say I normally get up at 3:45am - if you see me at the dinner nodding off, it is not the company, nor the quantity of alcohol I've consumed! A gentle nudge and I'm back in the game ;-)
Lady Moose

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Wish I could go. Should be a blast. Have fun.

fast eddie

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2006
phoenix, az
five of us one red car

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

The list so far.

1. Chip Beck - 2 - with GT
2. Blue Moose - 2 - with GT
3. Twobjshelbys - 1
4. Fast Eddie - 5 - with GT
5. Ms. AZGT - 2

Last edited:

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
I'm in and the misses says she is too! Put us in for two + the Gulf!

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Put me down for 2 Chip. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

Thanks for ramrodding this thing again. Your a stand up guy.

Rich

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Latest list.

Gentlemen,

We are well on our way to another great night. Here is the latest list.

3. Twobjshelbys - 1
5. Ms. AZGT - 2
6. GTinmyblood - 2 - with GT
7. GT Tech - 2
8. JBG - 2 - with GT

Join us!!

Chip

Last edited:

JBG

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 25, 2006
Scottsdale
Add 2 more plus the FGT

rsman

GT Owner
Jun 2, 2007
RSMAN plus 3 will be there. No FGT (in Calgary for winter) but something else nice.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
21 and counting!!

Gentlemen,

We are now up to 21 Ford GT Forum fraternity members and growing. Join us on Thursday night if you are going to be at Barrett-Jackson. Here is the latest list.

3. Twobjshelbys - 1
5. Ms. AZGT - 2
7. GT Tech - 2
8. JBG - 2 - with GT
9. Rsman - 3
10. Colton74 - 2 - with GT

Chip

Last edited:

Colton74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
I will be there along with my wife and John(Canadiancobra). I will also be bringing my GT.

thanks for putting this together, it was great last year.

Steve

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Chip, we have several folks flying in from Ohio and staying with us for the auctions. It's hard to speak for all of them, but there is a very strong possibility that we will have a party of 7 people. Some arrive on the 17th others on the 18th. I will post up once I chat with them to get a final count. For sure SOMEONE will be there, I'll give you the final tally soon.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Confirming 7 people

Chip, we have several folks flying in from Ohio and staying with us for the auctions. It's hard to speak for all of them, but there is a very strong possibility that we will have a party of 7 people. Some arrive on the 17th others on the 18th. I will post up once I chat with them to get a final count. For sure SOMEONE will be there, I'll give you the final tally soon.

I spoke to all my guests staying with us, and we're all confirmed, seven (7) total. Tim, Kim, and Garrett Cantwell, Doug Tabbutt, Jon Sabo, Mike and Tammy Garro. Doug and Jon have attended some previous B-J dinners. We look forward to introducing Mike and Tammy to everyone. They will love the group and the restaurant.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
30+

Gentlemen,

Our gathering continues to grow. You don't want to miss out. See you there.

Chip

3. Twobjshelbys - 1
5. Ms. AZGT - 2
7. GT Tech - 2
8. JBG - 2 - with GT
9. Rsman - 3
10. Colton74 - 2 - with GT
11. TimCantwell - 7 - with GT

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Chip, put me down as tentative. I should know by Friday. Just need to book a flight and find a place to stay.

I will not be bringing my GT.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
On rooms, I found this, and seems have great discounts.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/events/scottsdale/travel/

Chip, put me down as tentative. I should know by Friday. Just need to book a flight and find a place to stay.

I will not be bringing my GT.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Add one for the dinner with GT, Jeff

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Chip, I am confirmed. What time does this start?

Anyone willing to give this GT-less guy a ride to the event?