PICTURES, page 6&7 - 6th Annual Barrett-Jackson FGT Dinner

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Chip and all, thanks for putting it together. We'll judge traffic, and how long to get back to our car, to get out of B-J, and be on time next year..... good to see everyone.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'm going next year.How do you go and not buy cars?

There's a 12-step program. Whatever you don't get a bidder's card.

After all the hassles on getting my passes straightened out (I finally got what I needed to get pictures from Gary Bennett) I might just register and not have to worry about it when I get there.

I have sorted and put up on Photobucket the first two days. On Saturday I was granted access to the inside circle of the 5000 series cars (Gullwing, Tucker, etc) and got some really good shots from other angles. I will have a whole section dedicated to Hood Ornaments.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Tucker

On Saturday I was granted access to the inside circle of the 5000 series cars (Gullwing, Tucker, etc) and got some really good shots from other angles.

How about that Tucker selling for 2.6 million dollars. :eek :eek I had no idea that 1. Only about 60 were produced and 2. They were worth anywhere near that much money.

Chip

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Differen't vintage vehicles.

Gentlemen,

On Saturday morning Jeff, Dan Pristo, and I took a break from Barrett-Jackson to drive 60 miles out of town where the Arizona Vintage Motocross Championship was being held. Entry is limited to short travel suspension motocross bikes produced in 1974 or before. These are the bikes we rode (or wanted to ride) when we were in high school. The draw was that our FGT Forum member and all around good guy Ed Sims was racing his incredibly rare and very valuable 1967 Husqvarna 360 Viking motorcycle. 1967 was the first year that Sweden based Husky imported motorcycles into the U.S. and they only shipped over about 120 bikes that whole year. Ed was kind enough to show us around and introduced us to several notable riders. Then he got on that 44 year old two-stroke and put on a most impressive demonstration of riding skill, smooth, high flying, and very fast as he won his class by a huge margin. It was a lot of fun. Thanks again Ed!!

Chip

020.jpg
023.jpg

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
How about that Tucker selling for 2.6 million dollars. :eek :eek I had no idea that 1. Only about 60 were produced and 2. They were worth anywhere near that much money.

Chip

Yep, they are cool cars. I'm in the video linked here:

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/01/21/barrett-jackson-2012-1948-tucker-torpedo-bid-up-to-over-2-6-mi/

at 1:32 where the fender goes by me in the turned around baseball cap where I was standing taking pictures.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
We were at Gooding when the Merc 300sl alloy hammered at $4.2 mil (before commission), amazing 1.2 over Gooding's high estimate, and a world record according to the auctioneer. Cool to see.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Chip

Thanks for coming out to support me Chip, Jeff & Daniel. It was great to see you!

Ed

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
Brother Larson,,,(aka: Jeff), How is it that you seem to be in more pictures than Chip?!?!??!!?
Your square-head Norgin from N.Y.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Brother Larson,,,(aka: Jeff), How is it that you seem to be in more pictures than Chip?!?!??!!?
Your square-head Norgin from N.Y.

Hey Bro - I'm just soooo photogenic? Right/Wrong spot at the right time?

Coming my way this year? 77 today, mid 80's the rest of the week. That's outside temps.

Had a wondeful time at Dinner with the other GT folks from Az. I beleive my mileage was higher than the total of the othe 11 Gt's in the valet area! 89+k and counting. And only had ONE bug commit suicide by windsheild rt from Palm Springs. That's gotta be a record. monarch's have started home yet. Neither have the G*damn wood ducks that poop all over the greens.

And I didn't buy any thing at B-J. No more garage space for indide storage.

btw it was nice of you to underright the air frt on Nardon's European vacation. Not!

pls let me know if you're in this 'hood.

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
Chip, many thanks for organizing this fun filled evening. It was nice seeing some old friends and meeting plenty of new ones. My wife and I really had a nice time, I wish I could say the same for her red-eye flight later that night :)

Cheers,

Lance

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Checkered Past.jpg
Gentlemen,

On Saturday morning Jeff, Dan Pristo, and I took a break from Barrett-Jackson to drive 60 miles out of town where the Arizona Vintage Motocross Championship was being held. Entry is limited to short travel suspension motocross bikes produced in 1974 or before. These are the bikes we rode (or wanted to ride) when we were in high school. The draw was that our FGT Forum member and all around good guy Ed Sims was racing his incredibly rare and very valuable 1967 Husqvarna 360 Viking motorcycle. 1967 was the first year that Sweden based Husky imported motorcycles into the U.S. and they only shipped over about 120 bikes that whole year. Ed was kind enough to show us around and introduced us to several notable riders. Then he got on that 44 year old two-stroke and put on a most impressive demonstration of riding skill, smooth, high flying, and very fast as he won his class by a huge margin. It was a lot of fun. Thanks again Ed!!

Chip

View attachment 23572
View attachment 23573

Ed, Chip - not to highjack an old thread......but here's a Vintage race bike with a "checkered fast history". @ Goodwood 2012

Chip.. got an update on your restoration scooter?