• Total voters

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Miller MSP was great but no back to back rallies please Sorry Ron . :biggrin

I too am getting worn out regarding 'trailering.' Margaret and I have not missed a single Rallye and we don't plan to miss, but three to four days of 750 miles each day --towing out ....and then towing back to Detroit, is loosing its mystique..

I put in a general vote for "East of the Mississippi" . It would really be nice to just drive one day to the rallye in the FGT from Detoit and have a suitcase shipped....ie NO Trailer needed. The idea of Ohio sounds nice..
AJB (andy)

I'm with Andy on the trailer burn out 2600 mile to SLC was a rough one this year so East of the Mississippi would be preferred.

Midwest Options : Road America, , Detroit area Gingerman ? & Ford Museum. Ohio, South : Barber and the bike musem would be cool. Road Atlanta and Atlanta hill driving .. We have had 4 rallies west of the Mississippi and only 2 east. We need to even up the score,, :biggrin

Here's an additional question: what location interests you that isn't within 300 miles of your own house?

With in 300 miles of my home In Florida we have four decent tracks, Miami Homestead, Palm Bch International raceway , Sebring and Daytona

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I can't believe I finally agree with StormKitty. Meeeeow.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I can't believe I finally agree with StormKitty. Meeeeow.

What's your address again?? I have a truck load of kitty Litter headed your way,, should help out in the snowy season ,,

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
What's your address again?? I have a truck load of kitty Litter headed your way,, should help out in the snowy season ,,
Brian,
You’re a funny guy!
I coming to see you this winter!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Roketman - see if you can beat Stormcat at indoor karting if you go to visit him. I bet it'll be a good race! Have him take you to the Swap Shop too.

Ed

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Snow in Iowa and Illinois today, so you're late as usual. Rocketman, if you go see StormKitty, take some catnip with you cause he has a funny diet.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Snow in Iowa and Illinois today, so you're late as usual. Rocketman, if you go see StormKitty, take some catnip with you cause he has a funny diet.
Thats scary,we are on a similar diet!

Cobra63

GT Owner
Dec 30, 2007
Edina, MN
Why not Road America? I've been there 4 times with my GT at the annual Northwoods SAAC three day event and it beats the Hell out of Miller (which I did at SAAC 32). It has 4 miles and 150 Ft. of elevation changes on one of the fastest, most iconic road courses in the country. It's centrally located (about 2 hours North of Chicago), and is made to order for the GT. I recall it was once described as a series of drag strips connected by corners. But what corners!--Thunder Valley, Carousel, the Kink, Canada, and Turn 5 (braking down hill from 140-150 for a sharp 90 degree, then accelerating up hill. If it can't be rented, join us at Northwoods 37 this August for 1, 2 or 3 days of exercising these fantastic cars. There'll be a lot of Ford and Shelby fanatics, and maybe you can take the place of some Corvette or Porsche that would otherwise show up. There are plenty of accomodations in the area, including a beautiful resort in downtown Elkhart Lake. Plus there's Siebkens racer's bar next door.

GT Venum

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 4, 2010
Wisconsin
+1 for Road America.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Cobra63.

What is that in your avatar?

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Cobra63.

What is that in your avatar?

Good question...maybe a Griffith 600 GT or intermeccanica italia coupe?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Hmmm

I think you may be right. Good eye.

Attractive designs, I believe I have only seen one once as a teen.

Top 2 pics are the Intermeccanica, bottom is the Griffith 600

Attachments

• 1968_Intermeccanica_ItaliaSpyder1.jpg
    1968_Intermeccanica_ItaliaSpyder1.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 134
  • 1968_Intermeccanica_ItaliaSpyder3.jpg
    1968_Intermeccanica_ItaliaSpyder3.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 131
  • 988069.jpg
    988069.jpg
    322 KB · Views: 124

Blue/white 06'