New Supercar is TwinTurbo ecoboost

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
As I see it, "the new GT" isn't meant to describe the new car...it just simply acknowledges the fact it's the FGT's 'successor', if you will. It's a point of reference only... a 'label' for identification purposes only. 'Kinda like
"Petunia", if you will. :biggrin

The press is just using shorthand for "the next generation of Le Mans GT class racing vehicle from Ford"...

NJGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
SVT Performance.com site is one of the better blogosphere sites for Mustang info - in addition to the EcoBeast story they had this interview with Jamal on the GT350 back in December:

http://www.svtperformance.com/?p=10042

of course I am biased as they had a nice write-up on my Cobra Jet:

http://www.svtperformance.com/?p=10128#more-10128

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
SVT Performance.com site is one of the better blogosphere sites for Mustang info - in addition to the EcoBeast story they had this interview with Jamal on the GT350 back in December:

http://www.svtperformance.com/?p=10042

of course I am biased as they had a nice write-up on my Cobra Jet:

http://www.svtperformance.com/?p=10128#more-10128

Very cool article and video on your car. Congratulations.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
As I see it, "the new GT" isn't meant to describe the new car...it just simply acknowledges the fact it's the FGT's 'successor', if you will. It's a point of reference only... a 'label' for identification purposes only. 'Kinda like
"Petunia", if you will. :biggrin

The press is just using shorthand for "the next generation of Le Mans GT class racing vehicle from Ford"...

I'm fairly certain that many media outlets are unequivocal in their expectation that not only will there be a new Ford supercar, it will also carry on the Ford GT nameplate.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Rex, have you been taking writing lessons from Indy?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I'm fairly certain that many media outlets are unequivocal in their expectation that not only will there be a new Ford supercar, it will also carry on the Ford GT nameplate.

"Expectation" is one thing. Reality may prove to be something else. At this juncture, no one (save insiders...possibly your own darned self amongst them) knows for sure... :wink

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Rex, have you been taking writing lessons from Indy?

DBK loaned me this really cool translator and editing device that he uses to aggravate some of the regulars, like SteveA and others. Just switched it over to IndyGT mode, and voila! :biggrin

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Frank, this new translator that DBK has is an engineering marvel.

He can translate/transpose post authorship at will. By God, he could even emulate Stormkitty under your Avitar.

Really cool!

Just call me miniRex as he is the smart one!!:lol

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Oh yeah Indy, that thing is priceless! :mad......... He usually turns it on when you point out an error he's made.:lol

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Steve may talk trash on the internet, but in real life he's busy sending me wistful texts about the weekend we spent together in a romantic wine country suite.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Keep it up guys!

This IS fun...(but certainly off topic)

:pop

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit

I can't withhold this any longer. Looking for a more distinguished buyer/audience, new nameplate is:

image.jpg

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Really DBK? Kiss and tell?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
605d1348886191-momo-next-wheel-black-st-derailed-train-derailed-thread-demotivational-poster-1237346157.jpeg

Steve may talk trash on the internet, but in real life he's busy sending me wistful texts about the weekend we spent together in a romantic wine country suite.

If ya can't BEAT 'em - join 'em. :lol :lol :lol :thumbsup:thumbsup