New Supercar is TwinTurbo ecoboost

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I agree with the Aston guys, an Aston with MB engine is not an Aston.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
I agree with the Aston guys, an Aston with MB engine is not an Aston.
One problem, its called the Government, EPA and so much more, no one loves Aston more than I. You know why the last 30 years of Astons TANK in value, because unlike the FORD GT , They are pure drama queens. on average a tune up and gaskets and seals are an engine out process, the usual 20 grand for service......hello, that's why AMG, a modern v8 possible 6 cylinders to follow, half the cost to build. they lose 10 grand per car. Its a last gasp.
P.S. the 2016 models might be banned from the U.S. if they don't comply with the new airbag size rules and changes.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I'm not a betting man, never was, but where Ford is going is 2022, Its two different worlds. I/WE bought our 05/06 for so many reasons from childhood dreams to success in business and so much more.
The new car if correct, is for a NEW breed of worldwide buyers . Or primarily a younger group. Yes if the price tag is correct that people are quoting, 400 grand many young people will not be able to afford it, but, their dream one day is to own it, so they start with a fusion and a hopped up 2.0 then to an explorer when they have kids and if they become successful enough one day....to own the dream.
We all have other cars, you should hear the Aston groups with Mercedes making the engines soon , they are complaining that if the new Aston isn't 12 cylinders its not a Aston. So out of touch, a new 2.0 turbo and diesel , from any manufacturer will come real close in horsepower and weight to power ratio, forget reliability and 4 times the gas mileage.
My hope is that this isn't more PR than reality, like what Jaguar did at LeMans with Gentillozzi. A PR nightmare not making 1 lap at LeMans on the anniversary of the DTYPE. They paid dearly for it....the press build up was great but they didn't spend ONE BILLION DOLLARS in testing to run and it showed.
So as always, I wish Ford all the best, we shall see, DBK I thought I saw a LINCOLN LT prototype on the road last year. Is that coming? Im in.......130,000 0n my 06 LT the best vehicle ever owned all round.
GTJOEY1314

I totally agree to the 5% of this I can make heads or tails of. But, please understand this is not hype. Ford is all in. This is going to happen. Don't be left on the sidelines. This will be an ultra exclusive car, making any 05-06 a fond memory at best.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
One problem, its called the Government, EPA and so much more, no one loves Aston more than I. You know why the last 30 years of Astons TANK in value, because unlike the FORD GT , They are pure drama queens. on average a tune up and gaskets and seals are an engine out process, the usual 20 grand for service......hello, that's why AMG, a modern v8 possible 6 cylinders to follow, half the cost to build. they lose 10 grand per car. Its a last gasp.
P.S. the 2016 models might be banned from the U.S. if they don't comply with the new airbag size rules and changes.

Airbag and other safety issues will not be a problem. Seriously, if anyone wants in they best move quickly over the next few months. It will be a monster. I suspect ours will hold at best. Anyone with one offs may suffer, that's why I am moving the Gulf which is not exactly a one off, but who knows?

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
I totally agree to the 5% of this I can make heads or tails of. But, please understand this is not hype. Ford is all in. This is going to happen. Don't be left on the sidelines. This will be an ultra exclusive car, making any 05-06 a fond memory at best.
GTDRUMMER, As a wise old man once said......".My future was in the past". I have now joined a exclusive group, its called almost hitting 50 and beyond Im done, I cant see without glasses, Ive got to tinkle more than 2 times during the night. I thought my friends over 50 were kidding, let me put it bluntly .
THIS SUCKS........
So if the new car is the greatest, GOD BLESS, I want the new Lincoln Lt with BIG cushy seats and heated everything, ive gone to the other side and believe me theres no turning back. I tried, I even forgot what this topic is about?
Missing out, is not getting grand kids yet.
My future was in the past.
GT thanks for the back and forth Im burning off the kwanzah dinner.
All the best for the new year my friend.
GTJOEY1314

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
In 20 days we will all know!
Im going to predict a kick ass race car!
Nothing will change how much I enjoy my FGT

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
In 20 days we will all know!
Im going to predict a kick ass race car!
Nothing will change how much I enjoy my FGT
Drive on my friend, The cemetery wont let you take the car with you any longer to much epa stuff, I checked....Enjoy it!
11,000 miles this summer raising money for kids cancer and the local vets of Northport hospital.
Ride on.

Attachments

• IMG_0789.jpg
    IMG_0789.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_0561.jpg
    IMG_0561.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_0723.jpg
    IMG_0723.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_0790.jpg
    IMG_0790.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 314

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
605d1348886191-momo-next-wheel-black-st-derailed-train-derailed-thread-demotivational-poster-1237346157.jpeg

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I think it will be a big step forwrd if all of the gauges work !!.. :biggrin:biggrin

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
Why would dealers even sell them to the public knowing what happened to the values of the Gts now. Don't you think they might keep the car for advertisement ?

pacettr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 2, 2013
Mustang, OK
Why would dealers even sell them to the public knowing what happened to the values of the Gts now. Don't you think they might keep the car for advertisement ?

Most dealers would rather make a profit today, and can better utilize that capital to buy and turn 10 F-150's.

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
I think it will be a big step forwrd if all of the gauges work !!.. :biggrin:biggrin

That wuz good!
:)

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
... by 2022, if we still drive cars..........
gtjoey1314

You should see what the folks at Tesla are doing :facepalm:,

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Lot's of power, exclusive design & limited numbers all spell supercar. Bumping up power or shoe horning a mega engine in an existing mass produced body is not a supercar to me (such as any 911 type Porsche, etc). A weak car (such as the NSX) is not a supercar either. If the new Ford will have mega power (like 600+ hp) then it will be a supercar.

Ed

PS This is my opinion of a supercar so no need to beat me up.

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Ed..........................PS This is my opinion of a supercar so no need to beat me up.

That is a subject that could be debated for pages. There are no real hard and fast parameters attached to "supercar". Your opinion is the only one that counts.

best, Bret. :) :beer2:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Modified Potter Stewart:

I shall not today attempt further to define the kinds of (cars) I understand to be embraced within that shorthand description [supercars], and perhaps I could never succeed in intelligibly doing so. But I know it when I see it, and the (car) involved in this case is (is not) that.

REDEEMED

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 10, 2008
Ed, please don't feel like we pick on you because of your opinions re: supercar. We pick on you 'cus you're Ed.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I just read in auto week that it is not going to look retro
Fyi