GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
I will take one, please.

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
was thinking the same thing only reason to call out coupe is a future convertible spider roadster what ever you want to call it

The car was conceived and built to win Le Mans. The race car, which is obviously successful, weighs what it weighs. We have a road car that is very closely based on the race car. The fact that the road car didn't gain more weight in the transition is admirable.

Did anyone notice that the dry weight is listed in Ford's specs as 3054 lbs for the "coupe." Hmmmm

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Dialing in the full wet Weight :

Car = 3054 lbs ( Ford)
Fuel = 92.72 lbs (15.2 gal x 6.1 lbs / gal) ( Ford listed capacity)
H2O / block coolant = 41.86 lbs ( 20.1 Qts x 2.0825) ( Ford listed capacity. wght based on 8.33 lbs/ gal )
Engine oil = 27.54 lbs ( 15.3 qts x 1.8 lbs) ( Ford listed capacity. oil wght based on 7.2 lbs/ gal )
Hydraulic Sys. Fld = 15.3 lbs ( 8.5 qts x 1.8 lbs) ( Ford listed capacity. oil wght based on 7.2 lbs/ gal )
* Trans gear oil = 11.7 lbs ( 6.5 qts x 1.8 lbs) ( * estimated capacity. oil wght based on 7.2 lbs/ gal )
* Trans Clutch Fluid= 11.7 lbs ( 6.5 qts x 1.8 lbs) ( * estimated capacity. oil wght based on 7.2 lbs/ gal )

Brake Fluid = 1.98 lbs ( 1.1 qts x 1.8 lbs) ( Ford listed capacity. oil wght based on 7.2 lbs/ gal )

Total wet weight not including washer fluid should be 3256 lbs +/- a few pounds. I had the estimate the transmission fluids. I couldn't find the hard capacity numbers..

Nice job figuring this all out Brian. Add 195 pounds for me and it's road ready at 3451 lb. Let's roll.

Chip

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
GT has R comp tires too. Pilot Sport Cup 2's

Take off the ACR's trick Kuhmo's and put true street tires on and it won't be faster

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I don't think Ford's plan was to beat everyone on paper with hp, weight, etc figures. They wanted a car that would work better than anyone else. They added weight to have the active aero to go faster. If you beat cars that weigh less & have more hp which car is the best?

Ed

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Nice job figuring this all out Brian. Add 195 pounds for me and it's road ready at 3451 lb. Let's roll.

Chip

Sounds great to me !! I'm a little lighter than you.. I calculate you'll need to run at half a tank of fuel to keep up !! :lol

stuntman

GT Owner
Jan 15, 2015
Dialing in the full wet Weight :

Car = 3054 lbs ( Ford)
Fuel = 92.72 lbs (15.2 gal x 6.1 lbs / gal) ( Ford listed capacity)
H2O / block coolant = 41.86 lbs ( 20.1 Qts x 2.0825) ( Ford listed capacity. wght based on 8.33 lbs/ gal )
Engine oil = 27.54 lbs ( 15.3 qts x 1.8 lbs) ( Ford listed capacity. oil wght based on 7.2 lbs/ gal )
Hydraulic Sys. Fld = 15.3 lbs ( 8.5 qts x 1.8 lbs) ( Ford listed capacity. oil wght based on 7.2 lbs/ gal )
* Trans gear oil = 11.7 lbs ( 6.5 qts x 1.8 lbs) ( * estimated capacity. oil wght based on 7.2 lbs/ gal )
* Trans Clutch Fluid= 11.7 lbs ( 6.5 qts x 1.8 lbs) ( * estimated capacity. oil wght based on 7.2 lbs/ gal )

Brake Fluid = 1.98 lbs ( 1.1 qts x 1.8 lbs) ( Ford listed capacity. oil wght based on 7.2 lbs/ gal )

Total wet weight not including washer fluid should be 3256 lbs +/- a few pounds. I had the estimate the transmission fluids. I couldn't find the hard capacity numbers..
AB:

"When pressed, Nair said the "race car dry" (filled with all fluids and ready to drive but without fuel) weight of the GT is 3,173 pounds. This figure is used to eliminate different fuel tank capacities when comparing weights."

3,173 + 93 = 3,266lbs wet.

cobra498

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2010
Central Ca;ifornia
GT has R comp tires too. Pilot Sport Cup 2's

I have friends that have run tests with the Kuhmo's on a track Corvette, 2 seconds a lap better than Michelin cup 2's and 1 second on an autox course, they are very special tires close to Hoosier A6/A7. I have run their V720 305x19 on my GT3 and they are very different than the Viper tires carrying the same V720 designation. They also wear out in very few track miles compared to Michelin.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Was the car in that test session a Heritage version , No a/c and radio and did it have the carbon wheels and lug nuts?
Im just asking, we all know making a race car into a street car is very hard.
Just wondering if the above was the package.
Thanks
GTJOEY

The car in that test session was a car with standard wheels, standard air conditioner, standard radio and standard exhaust.

The Heritage car comes equipped with air conditioner and radio, and the CF wheels are not available for it. You cannot delete the air con or radio from the Heritage car.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
AB:

"When pressed, Nair said the "race car dry" (filled with all fluids and ready to drive but without fuel) weight of the GT is 3,173 pounds. This figure is used to eliminate different fuel tank capacities when comparing weights."

3,173 + 93 = 3,266lbs wet.
Not sure I follow " the race car dry " weight math. are you / Raj saying 3173 lbs is the Road car weight with fluids but not fuel? I did my calcs the long way for the road car.. .. looks like I was with in 6 lbs. There are various weights stated for the weight of oil so I just picked one for a base line and ran with it ..

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
BLAH,BLAH,BLAH!
Just waiting for the email to order! CANT WAIT!!!!!
I know you are all going to race it to the local cars and coffee! So I understand why HP and weight numbers are so important!
Im willing to bet 99% of us will not be able to drive it at its limits on the street or the race track!
So just enjoy owning, driving and sharing a true legend!
Just my simple minded 02

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
The car in that test session was a car with standard wheels, standard air conditioner, standard radio and standard exhaust.

The Heritage car comes equipped with air conditioner and radio, and the CF wheels are not available for it. You cannot delete the air con or radio from the Heritage car.

Thank you.........

GTHunter

GT Owner
Feb 14, 2012
Houston, TX
Enjoy the view!

Enjoy the view!

Attachments

• IMG_216JPG.jpeg
    IMG_216JPG.jpeg
    68.6 KB · Views: 363

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
i'm iucky enough to have owned two versions of the NFGT's true competitor, the McLaren 675LT. (I do not consider the bloated and homely 488 to be a contender; gotta wait for the Speciale/Scuderia/Stradale version). Obviously, I've never driven the NFGT, but if it is anything like the LT, prepare to be blown away. The LT's power to weight ratio, along with its reflexive handling, made it the finest car I have ever owned or driven. Period. That car accelerates so stinking hard on the boost that it makes me laugh out loud. Once my head stops spinning, that is.

I had the privilege to take the LT and my Porsche GT3 to the Inde track in southern Arizona. I am far from an ace, but have a considerable amount of time on the track in lots of different cars. Yes, the GT3 was amazing, but driving it back-to-back with the LT was a revelation. The McLaren's brute acceleration was impressive, but the unflappable handling of the LT is what really set it apart. I simply could not drive up to the potential of the LT, no matter how hard I pushed, and given the fact that I completely ruined an innocent set of Pirelli Corsas in the process (both front AND rear) it wasn't as if I was driving slow. The LT never even felt like it was breaking a sweat, much less straining.

The point I'm driving at here is that if the NFGT is equal to, or even marginally better than the LT on the road OR track, we are all in for a very special car. Yes, it would have been nice if it were a bit lighter, but in the end, its how well the whole package works. Beside, I'll bet with some enterprising aftermarket mods, the weight could be reduced a bit.

Ford, you rock.

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
i'm iucky enough to have owned two versions of the NFGT's true competitor, the McLaren 675LT. (I do not consider the bloated and homely 488 to be a contender; gotta wait for the Speciale/Scuderia/Stradale version). Obviously, I've never driven the NFGT, but if it is anything like the LT, prepare to be blown away. The LT's power to weight ratio, along with its reflexive handling, made it the finest car I have ever owned or driven. Period. That car accelerates so stinking hard on the boost that it makes me laugh out loud. Once my head stops spinning, that is.

I had the privilege to take the LT and my Porsche GT3 to the Inde track in southern Arizona. I am far from an ace, but have a considerable amount of time on the track in lots of different cars. Yes, the GT3 was amazing, but driving it back-to-back with the LT was a revelation. The McLaren's brute acceleration was impressive, but the unflappable handling of the LT is what really set it apart. I simply could not drive up to the potential of the LT, no matter how hard I pushed, and given the fact that I completely ruined an innocent set of Pirelli Corsas in the process (both front AND rear) it wasn't as if I was driving slow. The LT never even felt like it was breaking a sweat, much less straining.

The point I'm driving at here is that if the NFGT is equal to, or even marginally better than the LT on the road OR track, we are all in for a very special car. Yes, it would have been nice if it were a bit lighter, but in the end, its how well the whole package works. Beside, I'll bet with some enterprising aftermarket mods, the weight could be reduced a bit.

Ford, you rock.

Agree completely.. hair-splitting aside (on both Forums), the NFGT will be a beast if it's anywhere near as impressive as the 675LT.

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
a few pounds/hp apart, BUT McLaren has monster around the corner, 4.0L V8TT 720HP....

either way, I would choose the new GT any day.....

Agree completely.. hair-splitting aside (on both Forums), the NFGT will be a beast if it's anywhere near as impressive as the 675LT.

stuntman

GT Owner
Jan 15, 2015
Not sure I follow " the race car dry " weight math. are you / Raj saying 3173 lbs is the Road car weight with fluids but not fuel? I did my calcs the long way for the road car.. .. looks like I was with in 6 lbs. There are various weights stated for the weight of oil so I just picked one for a base line and ran with it ..
That was a quote from Raj. So your math is pretty spot on.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Love to have an official 0-60 figure as well.

Tesla has made 0 to 60 times pretty much irrelevant.

Mar 15, 2006
0-60 mph times were irrelevant before Teslas were clipping off 0-60 times under 3 seconds. Acceleration from 60 to... is what its all about. I am sure that the NFGT will be a rocket from a roll while being able to stop and turn on par with or as good as the best of the best super/hyper on the road. Would really love to see Billy Johnson take a shot at a dry Nurburgring. Could a sub-7 min lap around the Nordschleife be possible for the NFGT? I think so. I am sure that Raj, Dave P., Jamal and the Multcimatic guys have "thought" about this as well. Looking forward to seeing what happens... If you're going to go out and dominate the competition then you might as well check all of the important boxes. LeMans - check, Daytona 24 - get the pencil ready, Vmax of 216 mph is as fast as any hypercar short of the new Chiron - check, Nurburgring is probably not too far down the list.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2006
Expect a 0-60 time in the high 2's with the rear tires heated up and a good launch surface. Rear drive and mid engine should have very good traction. But 0-60 is all about power to traction ratio.