New GT Specs are here

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
My hat does not require eating, although I'm surprised that its so heavy, I was hoping for around 2950-3000 wet. Also looks like my spreadsheet for horsepower was pretty good, it predicted 650 hp to hit 216mph. This actually implies that it's perhaps not as slippy as it looks, would love to know the Cd

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
CLASSIC!!!!!

"Cargo volume 0.4 cubic feet"

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Wow, that's heavy.

Bet an ACR as faster around a track.

So we finally have all of the figures we've been waiting for and after a bit of simple math, here are the final weight numbers:

Dry Weight (No fluids whatsoever) - 3054 lbs (This is the number published by Ford)
"Race Car Dry" Weight (Dry Weight + all fluids, but no fuel) 3173 lbs (this was mentioned by Raj Nair in an interview that Autblog has posted)
Curb Weight (Race Car Dry Weight + 15.2 gallons of fuel) - 3269 lbs

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
So who is the winner of the "guess the weight" contest?

stuntman

GT Owner
Jan 15, 2015
3269lb is Corvette territory, I have to say I am disappointed that the weight is so high, I don't understand quoting dry weight anyway because the car cannot be run "dry". Horsepower and torque are both excellent, we know the aero is world class and nothing in the car world comes close in appearance but Damn!
C7 Z51 full - 3,411

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...my-c7-z51-corner-weights-and-curb-weight.html

C7 Z06 - 3,560lbs. Z07 aero package is a little heavier.

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-z51-and-z06-corners-weights-for-m7-cars.html

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Was the car in that test session a Heritage version , No a/c and radio and did it have the carbon wheels and lug nuts?
Im just asking, we all know making a race car into a street car is very hard.
Just wondering if the above was the package.
Thanks
GTJOEY

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
Remember guys ... speed, handling and quickness are more than just the power to weight ratio.

Ford, et. al. have done an incredible job with this car's aero, braking and suspension. Everything is a compromise in engineering a vehicle like this.

I couldn't be happier!

usmcfred

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
My hat does not require eating, although I'm surprised that its so heavy, I was hoping for around 2950-3000 wet. Also looks like my spreadsheet for horsepower was pretty good, it predicted 650 hp to hit 216mph. This actually implies that it's perhaps not as slippy as it looks, would love to know the Cd

CD = .35 V max mode :biggrin

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
647? They couldn't find 3 more for 650? Just askin

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
The car was conceived and built to win Le Mans. The race car, which is obviously successful, weighs what it weighs. We have a road car that is very closely based on the race car. The fact that the road car didn't gain more weight in the transition is admirable.

Did anyone notice that the dry weight is listed in Ford's specs as 3054 lbs for the "coupe." Hmmmm

Bullitt2065

Aug 25, 2015
Detroit, MI

And every report I've read says that the Z06 is absolutely mental to drive fast. The GT, with all of it's aero should be rock solid where you'd be fighting a Z06 hard.

cobra498

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2010
Central Ca;ifornia
Wow, that's heavy.

Bet an ACR as faster around a track.

Take off the ACR's trick Kuhmo's and put true street tires on and it won't be faster

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
The car was conceived and built to win Le Mans. The race car, which is obviously successful, weighs what it weighs. We have a road car that is very closely based on the race car. The fact that the road car didn't gain more weight in the transition is admirable.

Did anyone notice that the dry weight is listed in Ford's specs as 3054 lbs for the "coupe." Hmmmm

well its obvious the sedan will be a little heavier :)

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
well its obvious the sedan will be a little heavier :)

I'm holding out for the wagon.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007

lol, I am in the same boat, the second phase, but one upside is that while no one is talking about the fact that they will continue to make this car for 4 years, towards the end of the production there will surely have to be a significant hp increase and weight reduction in order to stay current with the competition :) so our cars will be faster! we may be missing a door or or seat but we'll be faster :)

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit

The station wagon version is limited to Europe. Before you ask, wood grain paneling is n/a.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
The station wagon version is limited to Europe. Before you ask, wood grain paneling is n/a.

A Country Squire without wood grain paneling?! Fuhgeddaboudit!

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
from Ford Performance:
SAE-rated at 647 horsepower and with 550 lb.-ft. of torque, Ford’s new high-output 3.5-liter V6 powerplant produces the most horsepower of any EcoBoost production engine ever, making Ford GT the fastest production car ever to wear the Blue Oval badge. The engine’s wide powerband produces 90 percent of its peak torque from 3,500 rpm.
“Our expectation has always been that the EcoBoost V6 would perform exceptionally well in the Ford GT – both in terms of power as well as aerodynamic efficiency,” said Dave Pericak, global director, Ford Performance. “We tested and developed this powertrain through the Daytona Prototype race car that ran in IMSA for two seasons, last season racing with Ford GT. We are extremely pleased with how it performs, both on the track and on the road.”
Ford GT’s dry weight just tops 3,000 pounds, which places the supercar between its two primary competitors, the McLaren 675LT and Ferrari 488. Ford GT’s power-to-weight ratio is 4.72 pounds/horsepower.

To be candid, I was very surprised by the peak outputs for a street certified, emissions legal, warrantable engine that are as high as they are. But as I mentioned in another thread a few weeks back, I think the real story on the engine is the torque curve; - 90% of peak torque value at approx. 4000 rpm, combined with a pretty tight 7 speed gearbox, should prove to provide a very spirited driving experience.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
All I can say is :willy:thumbsup

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Dialing in the full wet Weight :

Car = 3054 lbs ( Ford)
Fuel = 92.72 lbs (15.2 gal x 6.1 lbs / gal) ( Ford listed capacity)
H2O / block coolant = 41.86 lbs ( 20.1 Qts x 2.0825) ( Ford listed capacity. wght based on 8.33 lbs/ gal )
Engine oil = 27.54 lbs ( 15.3 qts x 1.8 lbs) ( Ford listed capacity. oil wght based on 7.2 lbs/ gal )
Hydraulic Sys. Fld = 15.3 lbs ( 8.5 qts x 1.8 lbs) ( Ford listed capacity. oil wght based on 7.2 lbs/ gal )
* Trans gear oil = 11.7 lbs ( 6.5 qts x 1.8 lbs) ( * estimated capacity. oil wght based on 7.2 lbs/ gal )
* Trans Clutch Fluid= 11.7 lbs ( 6.5 qts x 1.8 lbs) ( * estimated capacity. oil wght based on 7.2 lbs/ gal )

Brake Fluid = 1.98 lbs ( 1.1 qts x 1.8 lbs) ( Ford listed capacity. oil wght based on 7.2 lbs/ gal )

Total wet weight not including washer fluid should be 3256 lbs +/- a few pounds. I had the estimate the transmission fluids. I couldn't find the hard capacity numbers..

Last edited: