New GT Special edition?? Maybe!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
are the barrels of the Carbon wheels red? Or is that just lighting?

Yes, the barrel inners are to be red on the CF wheel.

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
Yes, the barrel inners are to be red on the CF wheel.
Just WOW!!

Reactions: knightka

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
This was my first choice (on waitlist for it).Fingers crossed but probably not.........:(

Reactions: SYCO GT

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Words can't capture my emotions watching this unveiling. I just love. Everything about it.

Well done Ford Performance and the design and research teams, and every one involved in this project, such a fine tribute to Ken Miles, Lloyd Ruby, and everyone behind the Daytona victory and Ford GT40 programs.

I'm going to watch and enjoy this again many times. It brings back memories of watching "The One" and how so much was captured in a short segment. The goosebumps are back.

So proud to be a member of this forum and community. This Heritage is going to be life-changing, in the best way.

Thank you Ford for continuing to enrich the dream with the allocation of this Heritage Edition, which I will be honored to own, and equally proud to share.

My dear friends here, thank you each for the camaraderie and support over the past decade and a half, making the experience of being an original and current 2006 Ford GT owner more rewarding than I could have ever expected in my wildest dreams.

A once in a lifetime dream for me and my family, with the unbelievable fortune to come around twice.

ch_petrolhead

Aug 20, 2016
Swiss Mountains
Looks really good even if I am usually not a fan of white cars 😅

Is it me or the bulkhead is exposed ? no NVH pannel ?

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Do Heritage buyers get an order kit with the color swatches? It would make sense that they wouldn't but... It seems like such a cool part of the experience.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
That is totally badass.

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Words can't capture my emotions watching this unveiling. I just love. Everything about it.

Well done Ford Performance and the design and research teams, and every one involved in this project, such a fine tribute to Ken Miles, Lloyd Ruby, and everyone behind the Daytona victory and Ford GT40 programs.

I'm going to watch and enjoy this again many times. It brings back memories of watching "The One" and how so much was captured in a short segment. The goosebumps are back.

So proud to be a member of this forum and community. This Heritage is going to be life-changing, in the best way.

Thank you Ford for continuing to enrich the dream with the allocation of this Heritage Edition, which I will be honored to own, and equally proud to share.

My dear friends here, thank you each for the camaraderie and support over the past decade and a half, making the experience of being an original and current 2006 Ford GT owner more rewarding than I could have ever expected in my wildest dreams.

A once in a lifetime dream for me and my family, with the unbelievable fortune to come around twice.
Well deserved.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
A beautiful, simple, elegant execution.

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.

Big Congrats!

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Wow! That is just freaking awesome.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Simply stunning!
I am so honored and proud to be part of the Ford GT family!

06VistaBlueGT

Aug 30, 2006
I don't post often. I leave the posting to those who own the cars. I'm just a huge fan of the GT40 (am good friends with the prior owner of GT103 Mr. Wonder), then the GT in '05-'06 (my dream car) and now the NFGT. Having seen a few new ones in person, and attending the delivery of one last May (Steve was terrific going over the car) and seeing the Dark Highland Green car of Mr. Cross in Delaware, they are all amazing. The Gulf was always the one for me, but seeing the video, and all the photos of the '21 Heritage, and all the little design details, it is the best yet!! Bravo to everyone involved! Truly magnificent work! It's awesome.

I didn't even realize the black was unpainted carbon until I saw the closeup in the one video. It's a stunning car that gave me goosebumps and honestly, got me a little emotional, knowing how special this car will be! For all those chosen for one, congratulations! Your life will change when the car is out and about. Let it be seen by many as I only hope I'm fortunate enough to see a 2021 Heritage in person.

Lastly, I know Ford doesn't need to market the car, but they could (and should) market the story of the car. If anyone from Ford reads these boards, please release some heritage clothing for us who can't afford the car but want to honor the legacy. I'd love one of those #98 polo shirts that were worn in the video. And I can already see a black hat with the red side design & #98 on it. Would be great if Ford would give us some apparel for the car. I'd definitely get some and wear it proudly. Take care all. Love the site. 👍👍

Last edited:

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Okay. Thank you. Photos work for this Geezer. ( Videos too, if I don't have to find them. )

When I saw the teaser and the car was white, I wasn't too happy. Agree with the comment about not being a big fan of white cars. Only white car I have owned was a '66 Comet station wagon!

But, I guess there are whites, and the there are WHITES. Looks like a white with some character to it.

And all the design details! Wow! Seems like you could look at the car from every angle several times and keep coming up with subtle differences and tribute items to the '66 that would keep knocking your socks off.

It has really grown on me. I think they really have hit a distinctive home run with this.

It would be interesting to see a list of all the Heritages, and have a straw vote as to how people would rank them as their favorites.

Was there a comment that the '22 Heritage will be the same, or is there going to be one last hurrah - the '16 graphic livery?

How many will they make, and is that the same number as previous Heritages?

Again, simply bowled over. Can't wait to see one in the flesh.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Here you go.

2021-Ford-GT-Heritage-Edition-01.jpg

2021-Ford-GT-Heritage-Edition-02.jpg

2021-Ford-GT-Heritage-Edition-03.jpg

2021-Ford-GT-Heritage-Edition-04.jpg

2021-Ford-GT-Heritage-Edition-05.jpg

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
2021-Ford-GT-Heritage-Edition-06.jpg

2021-Ford-GT-Heritage-Edition-07.jpg

2021-Ford-GT-Heritage-Edition-08.jpg

2021-Ford-GT-Heritage-Edition-10.jpg

2021-Ford-GT-Heritage-Edition-11.jpg

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
2021-Ford-GT-Heritage-Edition-12.jpg

2021-Ford-GT-Heritage-Edition-13.jpg

2021-Ford-GT-Heritage-Edition-14.jpg

2021-Ford-GT-Heritage-Edition-15.jpg

2021-Ford-GT-Heritage-Edition-16.jpg

Reactions: DG1 and extrap

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
2021-Ford-GT-Heritage-Edition-17.jpg

2021-Ford-GT-Heritage-Edition-18.jpg

2021-Ford-GT-Heritage-Edition-19.jpg

2021-Ford-GT-Heritage-Edition-20.jpg

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
2021-Ford-GT-Heritage-Edition-18.jpg

That in particular is the most shit hot thing I have ever seen on a car. F$#%*. Todd Willing, Global Design Director of FMC, and massive motorsports geek is the man. Perfect execution homie!