Kalama, Free part of WA State
A wise man enjoys what he has.

Reactions: roketman

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
The bottom line is,What ever makes you happy!
Always enjoy reading your well written posts and comments. Your buying advice and knowledge in the early days was terrific!
Thanks for being a part of the GT community!
In regard to value. If you put mileage on it , it’s less valuable! Therefore you can drive it and not worry! I always said it’s a shame the cars are worth so much because people don’t drive them because of it.
My very best regards to you!
Roketman

Reactions: centerpunch

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Carpe Diem friends!
Enjoy when you can.
Never know what's going to happen tomorrow.
I'm still dealing with who's coming for Christmas Eve, and who's not, based on Covid.
This is an example of NOT the way to live!
Merry Christmas to all.
Mark M.D.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
A wise man enjoys what he has.
My Dad always said appreciate what you have. Not what you don’t

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
I can definitely understand where you're coming from. I get nervous driving the GT, as people cut me off, just to take a picture of it. I love the car, and love driving it, but the value of it, the difficulty getting parts, makes me nervous. BTW, the value of my NSX has gone up tremendously this past year, and getting many of the parts, is as difficult as the GT. That being said, I bought both of them to drive and enjoy, and that's what I do, every chance I can. When I can no longer, get in and out, or get parts, that are needed to enjoy..........then, I'll consider selling. Although, my hope is that someone buys them from my estate executor!!!

Reactions: roketman

Niobond500

GT Owner
Nov 28, 2020
This is such a great group of people, all of the info and conversation has been well taken. I'm super excited to get the car, Rich has finish all that he has to do and now just waiting on Reliable to pick it up for its journey south. I'm hoping this weekend???

As far as driving these cars, although I'm a big track-goer, I always hesitate to drive these exotics on the track. The speed in which they can get to on some of the straights and not having proper safety equipment (roll cage, harnesses, fire suppression, etc...) worry me. That being said I won't hesitate to take it at least once to open her up so to speak.

I'm not one to worry about mileage, the limiting factor for me is just time. Kids and work drastically limit driving time. I try to take a toy out for a spin at least once per weekend for a good 30-40 mile drive. That being said, once the kids get older or I reduce my hours, I could see going for a drive everyday!

I used to worry about mileage and resale value but over time came to realize that we're not actually here forever, go figure! We need to enjoy and appreciate what we all have worked so hard for without worry! Drive the crap out of them!!! :p

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
(y) 🍻 Oh, and re "south" .. what city/state are in you? (sorry if you already said)

Niobond500

GT Owner
Nov 28, 2020
West Palm Beach, FL

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
This is such a great group of people, all of the info and conversation has been well taken. I'm super excited to get the car, Rich has finish all that he has to do and now just waiting on Reliable to pick it up for its journey south. I'm hoping this weekend???

As far as driving these cars, although I'm a big track-goer, I always hesitate to drive these exotics on the track. The speed in which they can get to on some of the straights and not having proper safety equipment (roll cage, harnesses, fire suppression, etc...) worry me. That being said I won't hesitate to take it at least once to open her up so to speak.

I'm not one to worry about mileage, the limiting factor for me is just time. Kids and work drastically limit driving time. I try to take a toy out for a spin at least once per weekend for a good 30-40 mile drive. That being said, once the kids get older or I reduce my hours, I could see going for a drive everyday!

I used to worry about mileage and resale value but over time came to realize that we're not actually here forever, go figure! We need to enjoy and appreciate what we all have worked so hard for without worry! Drive the crap out of them!!! :p
Couldn’t agree more! Drive em!
Not saving for the next guy or my wife’s 2nd husband!
As I have said numerous times
No one on there death bed ever wished they worked more saved more or enjoyed there hobby less!

Reactions: RPM217 and jaxgt

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
If your a racer, you will appreciate a set of Hoosier R7's over the Bridgestones for the track. Increases the predictability as you get close to the limit.

As far as driving these cars, although I'm a big track-goer, I always hesitate to drive these exotics on the track.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Scott Ahlman's shocks are the best

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
That too.

Scott Ahlman's shocks are the best

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Welcome Niobond500! Cool car & amazing forum. I've made a lot of friends through the car & this forum!

Ed

Niobond500

GT Owner
Nov 28, 2020
Just got word... Will be here in the AM :p🤘

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
Awesome, finally!

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Pics! Pics! Pics! Excited for you! (y) 🍻 :cool:

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Tic Toc Tic Toc. I remember, BRUTAL! Enjoy!

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Try to have somebody there to video and take pics so you can just watch and enjoy the delivery ... then watch again later.

Last edited:
Reactions: jaxgt

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Excited for you!

Niobond500

GT Owner
Nov 28, 2020
Now that I'm back at work and have time to get on the computer again, I thought I'd follow up about the car

Took delivery about 10 days ago now and got to put about 150 miles on the car over the holiday week. I must say the car is really unbelievable and has exceeded my expectations. LOVE the sound of the car, its unlike any other exotic I've ever owned. It just sounds soooo mean and the power, my god, the car wants to go! Love the color as well, Tungsten looks great in person, love the shape and its overall design both inside and out. ( My wife had no idea what a FGT was and thought it was an old Lambo when it arrived. LOL )

The roads near me (and all of South Florida for that matter) are straight and flat so I can't yet comment on the handling. That being said I can feel how nimble the steering is just around some small slow speed turns. The car just sounds amazing!

Being a car guy I've been fortunate enough to own a number of cars. Most of the "weekend cars" I've bought have been sight unseen and without test drives. Because of this I've had mixed first impressions on various cars. I must say my first impression here was of true excitement and satisfaction with the purchase. I usually know how long I will own a car for after my first impressions and the FGT will be around for a LONG time...

Did I mention how awesome the car sounds?!?!?

BTW shout out to centerpunch as an excellent seller and the car being as described. 👍

Attachments

• IMG_1718.jpg
    IMG_1718.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2036.jpg
    IMG_2036.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 8