New Ford GT unveiling

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Billy Johnson says "There is a lot more area under the curve and it's a noticeable improvement from behind the wheel."

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Billy Johnson says "There is a lot more area under the curve and it's a noticeable improvement from behind the wheel."

That is saying a lot, because my 2019 is no slouch in the torque department. I’m impressed that Ford is doing so many new and exciting things for this very limited production car.

Reactions: DakotaGT

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
I actually had a dream before the final NGT allotments were awarded that I was able to get a one off exposed all carbon fiber NGT. At least part of my dream became reality. Thanks FORD for producing another outstanding version of the NGT.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Had a nice time seeing the machine on the show floor today and talking to the team. The lighting at the show is suboptimal but it still looks good, just harder to distinguish at a distance. I always love talking to the production guys and getting a sense of the complexities of production on something like this. Needless to say it's significantly more complicated than a "regular" painted car, and so you're talking 3-5X the time spent on certain processes. Multimatic really are magicians with this stuff. Thank you to Ford Performance for inviting me out for the day.

The real magic will happen when the car is specced out cleverly. The right touches of color inside and out will really set things on fire and it's going to be spectacular. I have...thoughts. 🤔

FWIW, this is 976. I'd have to double check but I *think* this was the same chassis that was original black Heritage from Pebble. What's underneath has something close to 50,000 miles.

IMG_5147.jpg

IMG_4659.jpg

IMG_1465.jpg

RenderedImage.JPG

IMG_8698.jpg

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
NFGTlc.jpgNFGT-liquidcarb.jpg
I got in touch with my friend who is working as a Manufacturer Rep at the Chicago Auto Show and she was able to snap a few photos for us from the display today.

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
This car is incredible!
WOW, the workmanship is amazing!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I can see DBK in that new carbon car!!

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Holy cow is right. I Was thinking about red, now I need to consider liquid carbon, it looks pretty spectacular.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Seems like a logical plan to announce changes AFTER cars are already delivered. What do I know......
The longer you wait - the better it gets!

Ed

Reactions: JWZ and Triheart7

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
WOW! Pretty amazing even with suboptimal lighting. Cant wait to see one in person.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Beautiful. Lining up all the weaving on such a complex shape isn’t easy. I can’t wait to see how people spec this car.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Even the photos look like 3D holograms.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
That is saying a lot, because my 2019 is no slouch in the torque department. I’m impressed that Ford is doing so many new and exciting things for this very limited production car.

Recently drove a NFGT for the first time (thanks to a generous forum member).. had never even ridden in one before, and that was the immediate first impression from both my son and me- WAY more torquey than we expected! Absolutely loved it, and came away very impressed. Completely reinvigorated my enthusiasm for getting mine (as if that was necessary).

Reactions: ByeEnzo

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Racing improves the breed

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Clear wrap will fix the CF degradation issues, but exhaust heat might cause yellowing in that area. This was an issue for some CF cars 6-8 years ago, hopefully they’ve developed the polymers to be more heat-resistant now.

Reactions: LMF427

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Spectacular looking car! Giving me goosebumps.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Recently drove a NFGT for the first time (thanks to a generous forum member).. had never even ridden in one before, and that was the immediate first impression from both my son and me- WAY more torquey than we expected! Absolutely loved it, and came away very impressed. Completely reinvigorated my enthusiasm for getting mine (as if that was necessary).

Ford is taking care of you guys who have had to wait. Sure, you’re paying a little more, but it’s only money. Just work harder.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Ford is taking care of you guys who have had to wait. Sure, you’re paying a little more, but it’s only money. Just work harder.

:)

D06GT19GT

GT Owner
Aug 23, 2018
That is a really hard finish to deliver on a complete car! Kudos to MM for delivering the goods. That is ballsy.

I'm not a big fan of exposed CF - I prefer to see it in small doses. This will sell, even at that price.

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Simply stunning.