Most Popular Car on the Road?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Sometimes I feel the GT is a movie star. When you're driving everyone is always waving, giving the thumbs up sign or taking photos. Every gas stop or parking lot is a question-answer session. I love it!

I like this photo taken today as it shows a reflection of my GT as the kid takes a photo of it!

Ed

PS On I-80E from San Francisco.

Attachments

• IMG_1801.jpg
    IMG_1801.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 520
Aug 25, 2006
Too cool

I am alwasy glad to hear that you and (in this case) your gals went out to play

All the best

Shadowman

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Aaaaah, yes! Th' ol' "celeb photo session"!

So, have you had someone go from lane to lane on a freeway to get a complete "360" photo set yet?:biggrin You arn't a real "celeb" 'til THAT happens!:rofl:rofl:rofl :thumbsup :cheers

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...So, have you had someone go from lane to lane on a freeway to get a complete "360" photo set yet?:biggrin You arn't a real "celeb" 'til THAT happens!:rofl:rofl:rofl :thumbsup :cheers

Too often!

:cheers

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Too often!

:cheers

:cheers :cheers :cheers :biggrin

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
At Indy we where taking pictures of people standing in the rain taking pictures of the GT while we where sitting inside all nice and dry! I still laugh when I look at those photos! Smiling, happy (semi-drunk) wet race fans ....

OCPETE

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2006
Killer Dana, CA
It's the color Ed :thumbsup

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Speaking of San Francisco.My wife asked me to take her and the kids there for her bday present this summer.Any recommendations on stuff I should do ? We are staying at the Hyatt. Any good car guy stuff ? (for selfish reasons)

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Any good car guy stuff ? (for selfish reasons)

Rent a Prius, they love those in SF, or a 6 series BMW according to Sam.

Mark06GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
We were there a couple weeks ago and saw an excellent collection of old cars. I can't remember the exact address, but if you walk along Van Ness somewhere between California and Washington, you'll see tons of cars sitting behind picture windows.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
very cool Ed! that kid was probably freaking out, whats this dude doing taking my piture?:eek

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Ed, Its got to be the color, everyone wants to take a picture of a white GT. Obviousley the best color. God Bless The USA and Boney on Easter. Tomy

amg211

Jul 6, 2008
Do the blue, or gold, line bay area boat cruise. If have time the new space/science museum for the kids is fantastic. For dinner, would go to the Slanted Door (asian fusion) and right on the water at the Ferry Building. Enjoy.

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
When a few of us were caravan-ing from Orange County to Las Vegas for Rally III, we were on a curving freeway doing about 90 mph. A young lady driving a little Kia kept pulling up beside me on my right. She had something in one of her hands which was draped over the steering wheel. I assumed it was a cell phone camera and she was taking pictures of the car. Whenever we would hit a seam in the pavement, such as at an overpass, the Kia would bounce up and down and swerve. I was beginning to get concerned that she might lose control enough to sideswipe me so I let her get ahead of me while I slowed down to about 85 mph.

Later, when the caravan stopped at a restaurant, I asked one of the ladies who was riding passenger in one of the GT's behind me if she had seen the woman in the Kia. She said she had so I asked her if the Kia lady was actually taking pictures. No, she said, the woman in the Kia was putting on makeup.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Great picture Ed. Cool how you caught the reflection. :cool

For you non Northern California types there is a new bridge in front of the Folsom Dam. it opened up a couple of weeks ago, and makes travel to Folsom so much faster, plus it is a nice picturesque trip. It gave me an excuse to go for a drive. I felt like a movie star too, because people stopped taking pictures of the bridge and were taking pictures of me going over the bridge.

On top of that, some of the things people would say, while driving around cannot even be repeated here. "That thing is ******* sick", is not the most graphic adulation that I received.

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
I was in SF two weeks ago.

Not car related but go to alcatraz, it was real neat. Saw some nice car driveing around,no GTs.Nice lambo and bently dealer and old cars on vanness

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
..............No, she said, the woman in the Kia was putting on makeup.

:bang

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
'Been Y-E-A-R-S since I was there, but, "The top of the Mark" (Mark Hopkins Hotel) restaurant WAS just great back then. They had a Red Velvet cake that was to DIE for!:lol:thumbsup But, if for nothing else - the view from up there is one of, if not THEE, best in 'Frisco.

Oh. If you've never been in 'Frisco before, be advised that PARKING is a nightmare.

Just my 3 cents...

Last edited:

pauleddy

Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 14, 2007
Newport/Boca Grande
[

Ron:
Gotta hit the Blackhawk Collection in Danville , CA. This is absolutly one of the finest facilities in the world; the quality of cars changes and is without equal!. PM me for restaurant info...have lots of family there and know the town VERY well!
Myself, I'll send ya pics from Monaco and the Mile Miglia from Brescia after May 1st!
Paul

QUOTE=roketman;180347]Speaking of San Francisco.My wife asked me to take her and the kids there for her bday present this summer.Any recommendations on stuff I should do ? We are staying at the Hyatt. Any good car guy stuff ? (for selfish reasons)[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
San Francisco - not really in sync with this thread topic though

Roketman - too many things to see & do in SF. I'm going to the watch the Giants play this coming Saturday. I've been staying at the St Francis on Union Square when in the city for over 25 years. I also like the Fairmont on Nob Hill. There are some great deals in SF right now. Mark06GT is right as Van Ness has some car dealers that you can window shop at. There aren't really any car things to do in the city other than try to get air in a rental Mustang on the hills Steve McQueen did in Bullit. I lived in SF for 3 years and learned that the locals all say "Don't call it Frisco". Empty Pockets - there was a restaurant there by that name also. I'll take you there next time you're in town. Rocketman - Sears Point aka Infineon is only an hour away. I'll be there with the GT on July 4th Saturday. PM me with your plans. I'm only 90 miles away & am in the city a lot. Pauleddy is right about the Blackhawk Museum in Danville. It's about an hour away. They have an original GT40.

Ed

Last edited: