Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Thats awesome !!! Congrats !!

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
so i take it you guys ran a farther distance than 1 mile then? how long of a distance did you guys run?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
so i take it you guys ran a farther distance than 1 mile then? how long of a distance did you guys run?

There was about 2 miles to use at your discretion... Power on zone Plus Recommended braking zone. I never did check to see the actual distance we ran under power.. It was probably a mile and a quarter ??
I could get a Running start of about 60 to 70 mph..

Last edited:

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
props to you STORMCAT for putting the Ford GT in first place at this event :thumbsup i look forward to seeing some pix and vidz :cheers

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Here's a nice Vid to see some of the Hardware,,, I didn't see Helenor so I must have been on the track... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nferwgZqSBg&feature=channel_page

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
wow! all those exotic cars with a running start at a 2 mile runway and the only one that could bust 200 mph besides the Ford GT's was a twin turbo Lambo :usa just goes to show how overated exotics are :lol

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
wow! all those exotic cars with a running start at a 2 mile runway and the only one that could bust 200 mph besides the Ford GT's was a twin turbo Lambo :usa just goes to show how overated exotics are :lol

Like I mentioned I think most guys were running about a 1 1/4 miles. There was an incident where a couple of guys used up the runway so they increased the size of the braking zone. Which was a wise move. I was close two times to seeing the agricultural side of the paved airstrip. :ack Two more seconds into the go pedal at 200 MPH and you just ate up 600 ft of braking zone.. Things can get hairy.. :biggrin

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
i have braked my viper down to a complete stop from 180 mph in a 1/4 mile of a distance before in testing. it hot spotted the hell out of my front rotors though. the texas mile only has a 1/2 mile shutdown area but it was no problem for me and my viper. if i were to go over 225 mph at the texas mile i would want a parachute though. according to the posts about this Florida event on the Ferrari site you could get up to a 100 mph running start before you even hit the 2 mile long runway. that means that you guys could have gone nearly 1.75 miles in distance and still had another 1/2 mile to get your cars stopped without braking into the paved overrun area that they said was at the end of the runway. that bein the case i think a TT Ford GT with 1400 rwhp could hit 260 mph at this track. i would use a parachute though just in case......

what was the DA yesterday?

Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
i have braked my viper down to a complete stop from 180 mph in a 1/4 mile of a distance before in testing. it hot spotted the hell out of my front rotors though. the texas mile only has a 1/2 mile shutdown area but it was no problem for me and my viper. if i were to go over 225 mph at the texas mile i would want a parachute though. according to the posts about this Florida event on the Ferrari site you could get up to a 100 mph running start before you even hit the 2 mile long runway. that means that you guys could have gone nearly 1.75 miles in distance and still had another 1/2 mile to get your cars stopped without braking into the paved overrun area that they said was at the end of the runway. that bein the case i think a TT Ford GT with 1400 rwhp could hit 260 mph at this track......

what was the DA yesterday?

I would have liked to see someone get a 100 mph run at the start.. you had to make a 90* turn to get on the runway. I was sideways a few times trying to get up some speed. One of the guys in a GT did spin ,,so who ever said 100 mph run up was a little optimistic.. That being said.. we know for a fact the Speedo's in some of the other cars are optimistic so maybe theirs did show a 100 mph.. :biggrin It was mid 70's low humidity...

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
I would have liked to see someone get a 100 mph run at the start.. you had to make a 90* turn to get on the runway. I was sideways a few times trying to get up some speed. One of the guys in a GT did spin ,,so who ever said 100 mph run up was a little optimistic.. That being said.. we know for a fact the Speedo's in some of the other cars are optimistic so maybe theirs did show a 100 mph.. :biggrin It was mid 70's low humidity...

how fast did that Saleen S7 go? was he turboed or NA? i see that BIG azz wing he had on the back of it must have been a real drag :lol lol, pun intended

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
how fast did that Saleen S7 go? was he turboed or NA? i see that BIG azz wing he had on the back of it must have been a real drag :lol lol, pun intended

I never did see his official speed.. Like you said ,, lots of drag.. If you saw the numbers of the 0 -200- 0 shoot out the S7 took a week and a half to hit 200 MPH.. :biggrin but it is a beautiful machine !!

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
I never did see his official speed.. Like you said ,, lots of drag.. If you saw the numbers of the 0 -200- 0 shoot out the S7 took a week and a half to hit 200 MPH.. :biggrin but it is a beautiful machine !!

i have that magazine. i would like to see a time at the Nurburgring for the Saleen S7 :cool

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
A black FGT vs. a LP560,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CzSRcbcGRQ

The LP560 didn't stand a chance. :thumbsup

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
A black FGT vs. a LP560,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CzSRcbcGRQ

The LP560 didn't stand a chance. :thumbsup

what mods does the blk car have?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
what mods does the blk car have?

Pulley, tune & exhaust.. No mas.. :biggrin

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Congrats on the FTD Stormy. :thumbsup Wish I could have been there.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Congrats on the FTD Stormy. :thumbsup Wish I could have been there.

Thanks Chris,,, It would have been nice to see you here In the " RED TT CAR " ....:biggrin

Last edited:

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
But then who could have put up with you know who???

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
But then who could have put up with you know who???

I think Frank can smell the word " Red " when it's posted.. :biggrin

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
ESP. It's my color.