Miami : Runway event : 2 miles long : February 22nd

Hovik

Oct 15, 2006
If anyone here is interested, we're renting a 2 mile long runway about an hour from Miami on February 22nd.

We'll have a tent set up, serve breakfast/lunch and have beverages and snacks available throughout the day as the runway is pretty much in the middle of nowhere.

Good news though is that it's 2 miles long, smooth and if your car reach 200MPH you'll definitely be able to do it, and it'll be in a safe environment without having to worry about other cars or a nasty ticket...

We already have a bunch of cars signed up for the event including:
TT Gallardos
TT Ford GTs
Diablo 6.0 Twin SC
Enzo
LP640s
Carrera GT
GT2
LP560-4s
Gallardo SL
Gallardo Spyders
Ferrari 360/430
Nissan GTR
Saleen S7

and more...

Possible appearances by Veyron and MC12.

This event is part of our SoBe Getaway Weekend trip, but we have opened this for everyone and you don't have to be signed up for the whole weekend to take part in the Runway portion of the Weekend.

PM or email for details and signup...

**mods: Please let me know if this post violates any rules and I'll edit it. Thanks.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
hummm sounds like fun !! :biggrin PM me the details...

Hovik

Oct 15, 2006
I'm not sure why, but I don't have the PM feature here, might be because of post count? or subscription? not sure...

STORMCAR: Please email - hovik@exoticsrally.com for any info you need, thanks.
DBK: Got your PM, I know forum etiquette. Thanks for letting the thread stay and no, there won't be any unnecessary thread bumps.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Sorry, let me move your usergroup. I tried enabling this promotions system to keep spam new registrants from PMing, but it's not working. On the plus side, it did promote 17 people, but that left 1700 that meet the criteria not promoted properly. :lol

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I'm a pilot and I am scratching my head. Where is there a 2 mile long runway for rent within 60 miles of MIA? Is this the old Dade-Collier training runway out route 41 in the middle of the Everglades?

Hovik

Oct 15, 2006
Sorry, let me move your usergroup. I tried enabling this promotions system to keep spam new registrants from PMing, but it's not working. On the plus side, it did promote 17 people, but that left 1700 that meet the criteria not promoted properly. :lol

:) Thanks!

I'm a pilot and I am scratching my head. Where is there a 2 mile long runway for rent within 60 miles of MIA? Is this the old Dade-Collier training runway out route 41 in the middle of the Everglades?

Yes it is!

Screenshot.jpg

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I wish I had known earlier. My car was in Sarasota just two weeks ago.

If you do it again next year, let us know a couple months in advance. I'd love to join such elite company and a two mile track is very hard to find.

silver1331

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL

If you do it again next year, let us know a couple months in advance. I'd love to join such elite company and a two mile track is very hard to find.

+1...I'm in MIA often so i'll ship the car down! Chicago's full of salt and potholes still and i'm getting withdrawl.

Hovik

Oct 15, 2006

We'll definitely make this an annual event and I promise a more in advance notice next time!

+1...I'm in MIA often so i'll ship the car down! Chicago's full of salt and potholes still and i'm getting withdrawl.

Well this event is part of a 4 day SoBe Getaway Weekend. We have about 20 cars being shipped from NY down to Miami for this. Actually the first batch of cars left last night: LP640 Roadster, Gallardo SL, Gallardo Spyder, Diablo Roadster, GT Speed and Ferrari 360.

If you need help arranging transport and would like to make it to this event, please let me know and I'm sure I'll be able to help. If not, there's always next year!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The ford GT designer and I are coming down. 99% sure.

Hovik

Oct 15, 2006
The ford GT designer and I are coming down. 99% sure.

Now THAT's awesome! :thumbsup

Bringing a GT I assume?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I'm going to try to come out.. I have some company in town but I will see if I can get away. I may come to watch, if I decide to run what do I need to bring ? Helmet ??

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Now THAT's awesome! :thumbsup

Bringing a GT I assume?

Trying to figure it out. My insurance is off for the winter so we might just drive down in his. He's never been 200 either and he's been bitching, so that's probably what we'll do.

Care if we bring a camera crew?

Hovik

Oct 15, 2006
I'm going to try to come out.. I have some company in town but I will see if I can get away. I may come to watch, if I decide to run what do I need to bring ? Helmet ??

Helmet is not mandatory, but encouraged. Preregistration and prepayment is necessary to make it easier on us to provide a more smooth flowing day, but we definitely won't turn you away if you just show up.:wink

Trying to figure it out. My insurance is off for the winter so we might just drive down in his. He's never been 200 either and he's been bitching, so that's probably what we'll do.

Drive from Detroit?! NICE!

You're absolutely welcome to bring a camera crew, just make sure to credit us for the event! :thumbsup

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

200 mph in 2 miles will be tight. I think a stock GT hits 175 mph in the standing mile? At 200 mph your traveling roughly 300 FPS so that second mile would go by in about 18 to 25 seconds as you break the 175 MPH mark. And don't forget you'll need room to stop ..:biggrin

Helmet is not mandatory, but encouraged. Preregistration and prepayment is necessary to make it easier on us to provide a more smooth flowing day, but we definitely won't turn you away if you just show up.:wink

Drive from Detroit?! NICE!

You're absolutely welcome to bring a camera crew, just make sure to credit us for the event! :thumbsup

Do you have a set length for the runs or is it going to be very informal .. push it till you hit the braking zone ? ..

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Be safe! As Stormcat mentioned you are moving very fast at 175+. Allow plenty of space to stop! We all remember the sad incident with an M5 run on FL runway.

Hovik

Oct 15, 2006
Do you have a set length for the runs or is it going to be very informal .. push it till you hit the braking zone ? ..

We're going to have a safe (read overestimated to be as careful as possible) breaking zone marked and a radar gun with large display showing your top speed right before breaking point.

I'm sure some will bring VBoxes with them, we'll try to have one or two available also.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
200 mph in 2 miles will be tight. I think a stock GT hits 175 mph in the standing mile?

His car has the p/t/e. Should do it pretty easy. A p/t/e GT hit 215 indicated at Oscoda which is about 11,800 feet.

nthfinity

Apr 18, 2006
South East MI
His car has the p/t/e. Should do it pretty easy. A p/t/e GT hit 215 indicated at Oscoda which is about 11,800 feet.
Carl's Tungston P/T car hit 211 at Oscoda back in October. Rock solid at speed, and under braking; it was phenominal! His car makes 640 RWHP... I don't think he had headers/ cat-back.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Resize that shit dude :lol