Miami : Runway event : 2 miles long : February 22nd

nthfinity

Apr 18, 2006
South East MI
Resize that shit dude :lol

whoops, for some reason, I thought that was the 600x wide resolution; as I didn't think I uploaded anything 1600

Motorwerks_Airport_Run_2008_Ford_GT_14s.JPG

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
whoops, for some reason, I thought that was the 600x wide resolution; as I didn't think I uploaded anything 1600

Motorwerks_Airport_Run_2008_Ford_GT_14s.JPG

Here's that GT that looks like it has a cop car light bar on top !!:biggrin

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
His car has the p/t/e. Should do it pretty easy. A p/t/e GT hit 215 indicated at Oscoda which is about 11,800 feet.

The extra HP will help get him there for sure.. I was just throwing out some rough numbers that I remember seeing on a Stock GT..

When I did my 200 mph plus run it was on an open road so I had lots of room to brake and slow down.. The air strip should be interesting.. hope to see you guys there !!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
We're going to have a safe (read overestimated to be as careful as possible) breaking zone marked and a radar gun with large display showing your top speed right before breaking point.

I'm sure some will bring VBoxes with them, we'll try to have one or two available also.

Where's the directions for the Air field event..? I won't know if I can make until the end of the week.. Thanks,,

Hovik

Oct 15, 2006
Where's the directions for the Air field event..? I won't know if I can make until the end of the week.. Thanks,,

PM sent.

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
So what is the p/t/e? I can't figure it out?

His car has the p/t/e. Should do it pretty easy. A p/t/e GT hit 215 indicated at Oscoda which is about 11,800 feet.

Sounds like a blast. Watch out for the croc's.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Pulley/Tune/Exhaust

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Hovik,

Just to make sure, are spectators welcome?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Hovik,

Just to make sure, are spectators welcome?

What !!! If you make the trip out and don't run the car you're going on the Dr. Frank wussie list !!! :eek .. Oh and if you do come bring fruit !!! :biggrin

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
You know theres a thread about old, used CATs that are not wanted-- I resisted posting --- I now know I shouldn't have!

Hovik

Oct 15, 2006
Coming just as a spectator won't make much sense as you won't be able to go close to the runway, so won't see the cars. I urge those who are planning on coming to sign up and bring their cars!

My partner who I'm setting up this event with was just at the runway yesterday and said you can go into the main 2 mile stretch at 100MPH coming out of the turn, then you have 1.5 miles to accelerate before breaking point... :eek

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
You know theres a thread about old, used CATs that are not wanted-- I resisted posting --- I now know I shouldn't have!

oh come on !! you know you want to run the pulley and tune to see how she goes !! :biggrin

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Coming just as a spectator won't make much sense as you won't be able to go close to the runway, so won't see the cars. I urge those who are planning on coming to sign up and bring their cars!

My partner who I'm setting up this event with was just at the runway yesterday and said you can go into the main 2 mile stretch at 100MPH coming out of the turn, then you have 1.5 miles to accelerate before breaking point... :eek

Now that sounds like fun..!! I hope they make lots of practice runs !! some of those old air strips can collect a lot of debris.. Should I bring my leaf blower..:biggrin

Hovik

Oct 15, 2006
Now that sounds like fun..!! I hope they make lots of practice runs !! some of those old air strips can collect a lot of debris.. Should I bring my leaf blower..:biggrin

Runway is used for practicing landing and take off, so it's as clean as any airport runway, no debris at all!

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas

god I wish at the Texas Mile we could do that. I would love to see 210+.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
one quick question.....

What is the gear limited top speed of GT's?

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
oh come on !! you know you want to run the pulley and tune to see how she goes !! :biggrin

Unfortunately I'm on on Kiddie duty with 2 of my 3 this weekend. My oldest boy and my wife are on a field trip to St. Agustine. At least thats the story I've been given:lol
It seems I will have to wait to go over 207:wink

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
one quick question.....

Not gear limited. The ECU has a limit of 205. That can be eliminated thru a programer when you do a pulley and tune or equal mod. Forth gear runs out to about 170 MPH.. 5th is pretty tall so you need some room..

For the record the Speedo is a little off. When I compared my speedo to my GPS it was off 3 mph at 100 mph Speedo = 100 GPS = 97 , I'm going to guess it's off bye 5 or 6 MPH at 200 mph. I can tell you first hand the Lambo speedos are very optomistic. A freind of mine's G car was showing 150 mph on the clock and 138mph on the GPS...:ack

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
one quick question.....

3.jpg

With the limiter turned up to 7k plenty of people have seen north of the indicated 217 mph 5th gear limit. Peak's car hit 232 mph in 5th, and I'm assuming Hennessey's car that hit 235 mph also did so in 5th.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Not gear limited. The ECU has a limit of 205. That can be eliminated thru a programer when you do a pulley and tune or equal mod. Forth gear runs out to about 170 MPH.. 5th is pretty tall so you need some room..

so you are saying the TT/SC guys are not topping out the cars (with stock gearing)?