MarkH Camo FGT 267.6 mph Texas Mile World Record Video

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
Thanks again to everyone. As far as HP, we are not really quite sure how much power the car is making. We have had the car on the dyno but that was only for tuning in a few gears and the dyno we were using at times went crazy when the drums spun over 200mph plus the wheel spin on the dyno was also causing a problem. The rest of the tuning was done at the track. I honestly believe the car is making something near or above the 2K range but in every gear we are feeding different pounds of boost so the car will only really see full boost in 5th gear due to traction problems...

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I personally have spoken to him as well as he has told me that if you are NOT using 6th gear then "obviously you are not making enough power to run a big number like him".

Hey, I'm using 6th gear and am only turning a small number. :lol

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Johnny crossed the finish line in 5th gear. he has custom gearing that has geared his car up which allowed him to hit 283 mph in 5th gear....

Gentlemen,

I've seen Johnny run twice now. Once in Florida and once in Texas. Both times his car had problems. It is my understanding that Guiness took the word of the "International Mile Racing Association" which was formed and is controlled by Johnny. No video, no witnesses, no nothing, in a private venue. I'd bet 10 to 1 that he didn't run that number, has never run that number, and never will run that number. That's my take on it. Mark's car put up a new record in a very public venue on a less than optimum surface. It's the real deal. Johnny tried to run at the Texas Mile and he failed. He tried to put up the biggest number in Florida and he failed. If you don't do it in public with video to prove it, it's all smoke and mirrors IMO.

Chip

Last edited:

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
+ 1

Gentlemen,

I've seen Johnny run twice now. Once in Florida and once in Texas. Both times his car had problems. It is my understanding that Guiness took the word of the "International Mile Racing Association" which was formed and is controlled by Johnny. No video, no witnesses, no nothing, in a private venue. I'd bet 10 to 1 that he didn't run that number, has never run that number, and never will run that number. That's my take on it. Mark's car put up a new record in a very public venue on a less than optimum surface. It's the real deal. Johnny tried to run at the Texas Mile and he failed. He tried to put up the biggest number in Florida and he failed. If you don't do it in public with video to prove it, it's all smoke and mirrors IMO.

Chip

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Regarding the Camo missile,...Damn,...the driver did make it look easy.
I have a question..
Is the mile cleaned before the event to insure it is without any potentially tire popping trash?

Mar 15, 2006
Gentlemen,

Chip

That is what I call hitting the nail on the head.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Congrats on another record.

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Congrats Mark and Crew for an outstanding run and new record! I could try and write another response but will simply add a +1 to Chips on the other haha

to those who said it couldn't be done :cheers

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

Chip

+1 Chip :thumbsup

i agree :cheers

i have much more respect for what these gentlemen in Texas have accomplished....

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Racing at this level is a big budget expense. It's hard to believe someone would spend $200-300k on top of the cost of a car and then decide not to race it at a legitimate event, unless they had a good reason not to.

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
I was fortunate to have this car run right in front of me during one of my Texas Mile runs. Impressive machine and driving skill to say the least. Congrats on a great showing at the Texas Mile and for the GT family.

Gary

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
I did see a street sweeper going down the runway when we arrived on Thursday so to answer your question "yes"

Regarding the Camo missile,...Damn,...the driver did make it look easy.
I have a question..
Is the mile cleaned before the event to insure it is without any potentially tire popping trash?