Mark Gerisch & Genaddi / So I called about the GTX1 conversion....

TSKOUROS

Jul 15, 2006
So this weekend I got to meet a bunch of you guys at the Supercar Sunday event in Woodland Hills. It was nice to meet some folks after never having posted on this site. I figured I would lay this story out so that observers like myself can make an informed choice when deciding whether or not to lay out the dough for the GTX-1 conversion....
I called Genaddi a few months ago and left 2 messages, inquiring as to whether or not the GTX-1 conversion was still available. I was contacted back by Mark Gerisch on 3 seperate occassions who informed me that, contrary to popular belief, Genaddi still had some available numbers and that the car could be done. He claimed that he still had all the parts, the conversion took 3 months to complete, and the cost had been increased to a whopping $80,000 for the conversion only. No wheels, no bumper delete, no carbon trim, Sparco seats, etc...
Anyway...I'm talking to some people that have done business with this character in the past only to find out that many of the promised cars were never completed. Some after many years. I have looked for posts but nothing about this guy is in the GTX-1 section. Since this is a forum where it is imperative that we cry BS and let other members know what's happening, I felt the need to post this.
From the stories going around about this particular gentleman... He has been sued by multiple forum members. He drove his customer vehicles with complete disregard and has no problems putting serious hard miles on them in the name of "testing". He uses parts from customer cars for other customers vehicles. He has some incomplete conversions that he was commissioned to do in 2007. This is just what I've heard and many have said that there are public records that can verify most of it. The advice I got was..."Buy one that's already complete and find a top notch GT guy to go through it and make sure it's right."
I have a hard time believing that this guy is still around and trying to give me the good guy sell. I understand that he legally shouldn't even be trying to sell the conversion anymore either. Thank God I checked with other members of this forum. Thanks guys for keeping me out of trouble...
Tom

Last edited by a moderator:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Just an FYI, I deleted a couple posts but WILL be leaving this thread open. I don't think any forum members have any additional pending legal actions going on, but I will ask that if you don't have any direct involvement in the long saga of the GTX1 conversions, please do not bother posting. It will just get deleted.

I talked to Rick and he said he'd be making a post on here shortly.

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
I talked to Rick and he said he'd be making a post on here shortly.

Man your fast!

Our legal case is closed. I've talked to Dave and Chip and decided to not only leave this thread open but to also make it a sticky. During the proceedings I asked for and we received the following in the settlement terms....Below, are the itemized settlement terms to resolve the current litigation with Mark Gerisch. The most significant changes were to remove the prohibition on speaking to third parties and confidentiality of the terms. The resolution of the case under these terms would allow any and all of you to have discussions with Federal, State and local law enforcement and other private parties into the actions of Mark Gerisch.

If you remember past posts on this Jim, John, and I tried to get our cars out in January 2008 but Mark refused to release them without a hold harmless. We had to get an attorney to retrieve them. Here is what happened to my car. This is an excerpt of the litigation which until now was not public knowledge....."Possession was regained in July 2008 and his “vehicle” was stripped down and literally was in more than one hundred pieces. The vehicle had been cannibalized for parts to be placed on other vehicles. Numerous photographs were taken of the condition of the vehicle as well as of the various parts as they were laid on the ground. The vehicle and the parts were taken by the GT Guys from the defendants’ facility. The repair estimate is attached, totaling $173,100.00, as well as a copy of the list of the missing parts."

Jim and John can include theirs if they desire.

Recently (Feb. 2010) posts on the Lamborghini forum have been placed of his business dealings there. Sound familiar? :frown
Sent in $10,000 and was promissed a LP640 hardtop in no more than 8 weeks. Well its 145 days (20 weeks) and still nothing. Admitted to having "business problems" and "being sick" which is causing delays. Still has no product to ship and uses excuse after excuse. Normally don't post business issues, but this guy Mark Genaddi is over the top in arrogance.

I would be happy to share the emails and let you know my experience.
I would not do business with this company based on my experience. If you got what you ordered you are the lucky one. If you are like me and the other Murci owner who sent in a combined $20,000 deposit -- all indications are we are out the money with no product. Now handing over the the attorneys to try to collect. Will let you know if he does the right thing and refunds or if we were cheated.

If you have any questions you can P.M. me and I will do my best to answer them.

Last edited:

anya

NGT,GT/GTX1 Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
TSKOUROS You are one lucky ...! Unfortunately I discovered the forum after shipping a car to genaddi, and needed a court order to retrive it. Probably will never see any return from the suits because genaddi is so good at hiding his assets, if he has any. Go to court records in Wisconsin for a glimpse into his dealings. I am sure the records are just the "tip of the iceberg" but give a lot of insight to his character. Anyone can pm me for more info. That said the X1 as designed by Kip Ewing and the ones finished are one of the milestone cars IMO.

Jim

Aug 25, 2006
I am glad the thread remains open as this is an important part of this Forum aka protecting when possible the members.

It is because I too had personal experience with "G" aka Mark that I can share the following; the fact that he still is able to walk on his own two legs dumbfounds me.

This man is an example of everything that has all too often turned a wonderful past time into a "nightmare".

It is one thing to be a dreamer which "G" aka Mark was/is and another when one learns as he did how to use his dream to extract funds from others by dare I say; lying.

Thank you for keeping this thread alive as over time many more folks will be drawn to the proverbial light and this needs to be an example that they too can learn from without stroking the check.

Takes care

Shadowman

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
Rescue Cars

Man your fast!

Our legal case is closed. I've talked to Dave and Chip and decided to not only leave this thread open but to also make it a sticky. During the proceedings I asked for and we received the following in the settlement terms....Below, are the itemized settlement terms to resolve the current litigation with Mark Gerisch. The most significant changes were to remove the prohibition on speaking to third parties and confidentiality of the terms. The resolution of the case under these terms would allow any and all of you to have discussions with Federal, State and local law enforcement and other private parties into the actions of Mark Gerisch.

If you remember past posts on this Jim, John, and I tried to get our cars out in January but Mark refused to release them without a hold harmless. We had to get an attorney to retrieve them. Here is what happened to my car. This is an excerpt of the litigation which until now was not public knowledge....."Possession was regained in July 2008 and his “vehicle” was stripped down and literally was in more than one hundred pieces. The vehicle had been cannibalized for parts to be placed on other vehicles. Numerous photographs were taken of the condition of the vehicle as well as of the various parts as they were laid on the ground. The vehicle and the parts were taken by the GT Guys from the defendants’ facility. The repair estimate is attached, totaling $173,100.00, as well as a copy of the list of the missing parts."

Jim and John can include theirs if they desire

Recently posts on the Lamborghini forum have been placed of his business dealings there.

If you have any questions you can P.M. me and I will do my best to answer them. I will be away for the next couple of weeks so please be patient.

Well all I have to say about this topic is BEWARE and due your research. We have RESCUED (as we like to call it) about half a dozen cars from this shop and worked on and or rebuilt about another dozen cars that were already delivered to owners. We are surprised more of these cars weren’t left stranded on the side of the road from a lack of quality control during the builds.

Per the request above I have included the parts list from the quote mentioned above and most of the cost was in parts missing from the car.
Finish build of X1 project including:
finish b-pillar build
fabricate interior trim pieces
finish carbon fiber trim pieces on the doors, windshield header, clamshell, and b-pillar
finish door modifications
finish clamshell modifications
Build hardtop as it was in the original X1 quote. Includes making mold, making part and final installation
Complete repaint of entire car, every body panel has been damaged
This includes disassembly and reassembly of every body panel that needs paint, prep, paint, rub and polish
back to quality of how the car came from the factory

Missing parts or parts that are too damaged to reinstall:
(labor to reinstall is included in the above quote unless otherwise noted)
both seats
incorrect wheels
coil covers
RH headlight
LH headlight
front hood
rear fascia
upper rear fascia screen
lower rear fasica screen
rear engine bay frame rails
drivers side door glass, both pieces
passenger side door glass, both pieces
both door mirrors
front trunk handle
fuel filler door handle
fuel filler door
drivers side door dlo
passenger side dlo
front grille
front fascia brake ducts
front fog lights
front fog light lenses
rear frame rails
rear bumper assembly
rear frame halo bar
rear fascia trough
both seat belt assemblies
front windshield seals
door seals

doogie48084

Mar 21, 2007
Taylor Michigan
I have been lurking around for many months since closing our doors. I too had dealings with him. He left us with a huge bill and many parts and then went on to build a second set of molds.
We had the original set of molds when we closed our doors. I had the GT Guys pick them up. They are in possession of the original molds and could if needed make replacement parts for any wrecked GT's I had too many customers of his character to be able to remain open.
I wish you guys all the luck in the world, and will always love this gorgeous car.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I am a ok with just a "regular Ford Gt" !

doogie48084

Mar 21, 2007
Taylor Michigan
I haven't been around since I posted above, and just popped in for a quick visit. Thanks for allowing my post to stay, DBK.
I am glad we gave the molds to Rich and Dennis. I hope they are never needed, but if replacement parts are ever required, I figured these 2 guys would be around to be able to do them. Good luck and God Bless all of your GT's

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
The cars drive and handle much better with the roof structure intact!
Thank goodness for Rich and Dennis!
Just my 02

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal
^I disagree. I own one of each and can't discern a difference. To say the GT "handles and drives MUCH better" surprised me.

Then again, mine are tungsten. Maybe yours are a different color. :)

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I haven driven both on the track.Just voicing from my experience .

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal
That's fair enough.

Of all the cars I'm fortunate to own, there is no car I enjoy driving more on a nice day than my GTX1.

Just my 2 cents.

anya

NGT,GT/GTX1 Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
that's fair enough.

Of all the cars i'm fortunate to own, there is no car i enjoy driving more on a nice day than my gtx1.

Just my 2 cents.

amen

stevo

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Monaco
The tungsten handles better ! That's well known.
Well, I have one GT and one GTX1. The GTX1 is lowered (KW system) and handles better than the GT with intact roof. (I have same wheels and tires on both cars Michelin PS2)

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal
Stevo, share a pic or two please. Thanks!

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Stevo, given your sig says "Lambo Orange/titane GTX1", I've got to believe this is your car. It's beautiful!!! Must be a dream to drive that in Monaco!!!

Attachments

• GTX1.jpg
    GTX1.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 763

Colton74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
^^^^^^ that's awesome

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Geez, what a great photo!

Great car, great b/g, amazing!!

stevo

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Monaco
Well, yes, you right, but as you know Monaco has very narrow streets and parkings are a nighmare. If you succeed not to scratch your wheels, you are certainly stuck in the car as there is no space to open the door (Owners of the stock GTs have sold their car !). But nevertheless this car is magic and I'm very proud to own it !
By the way, thank you for the nice pic

Last edited: