Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
that is the sound of flowmaster

Actually the Flowmaster was John Mihovetz [ ACCUFAB ]

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I bet the boys in his neighborhood will all find their way over to Lorenzo's garage whenever it's fired up!!:beer2:

now thats my kinda neighberhood:cheers

Im lucky enough to have understanding neighbors, I would say my car is as lopy/loud if not louder. but they are cool about it, but then again I dont start it that often :)

H

HHGT

I'd rather hear a loud cammed car over a loud obnoxious woman any day of the weak.

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Actually the Flowmaster was John Mihovetz [ ACCUFAB ]

Congrats!! Sounds great!!!

John can build an absolutely AWESOME engine!! You will love it!!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
now thats my kinda neighberhood:cheers

but then again I dont start it that often :)

Now, dang it - where's all the raggin' on SOROUSH fer not startin' HIS GT!!!!!!!!!? :rofl:rofl:rofl

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Now, dang it - where's all the raggin' on SOROUSH fer not startin' HIS GT!!!!!!!!!? :rofl:rofl:rofl

That's because we have video proof of Soroush driving his car, e.g. TX mile. Know one ever saw you drive your FGT! :lol

If we had proof of you driving over 200 MPH we wouldn't give you such a bad time, but say wow the 1st gramps to joined the 200 club.

Last edited:

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
That thing sounds vicious, like a GT should! Can't wait to hear both Ed's and now yours in tandem on my return!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Lorenzo - I think since you're breaking in that engine you have to keep it under 2000rpm!

Ha- just jokin'

Ed

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007

ha, Ive put the equivalent amount of miles of three life times worth of your car in one year, I think I get a pass :)

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
What a wonderful sound! How far down the slippery slope of mods does one slide? Sorry if this is a re-post but I believe this is the other GT that went through a similar metamorphosis. I also am drawn to the sound of the second video as well. May not be everyone's cup of tea but for those of us that grew up back in the day and built our own 396BB with a lot of overlap for that 70 Chevelle SS, this is really the way a properly built hotrod should sound.

[video=youtube;k6m8JKSsFVE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6m8JKSsFVE[/video]

[video=youtube;cJT6XydpE9U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJT6XydpE9U[/video]

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
The last vid was a gt40 and I agree there is nothing like the sound of a "bunches of snakes" headers system they are famous for. I posted this once before but damn..... just can't help myself! That sound! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0WNa-K6-QI

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
You can post that every day as far as I'm concerned:biggrin

racer959

Aug 23, 2010
Does the engine have to come out to do these mods and how much would someone expect to pay for this kind of performance upgrade.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
performance upgrade

Undoubtedly, the sound is simply intoxicating to listen to.... I'm still curious to the performance benefit. Maybe the sound is just so damn good, it doesn't matter if the performance gains are modest ???

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
The performance definitely matches the sound!

Yes, the engine has to be removed.

Ed

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
the cams sound killer :eek

when i get Accufab to mod my crank i am gonna get those cams :cool

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
Undoubtedly, the sound is simply intoxicating to listen to.... I'm still curious to the performance benefit. Maybe the sound is just so damn good, it doesn't matter if the performance gains are modest ???

I guess i can see your point, It would have been nice to have a stock base line number on the car and then another after each modification along the way for coffee shop talk ect. If i were a custom shop doing Mod's for someone else, then before and after dyno sheets would be a great marketing technique for sure. I am late to the party as far as modifications go on these cars as we all know several of you guys have already "Been there Done that". For me it's about sound and vision. I think everyone would agree with how important the overall appearence of any given car is to an individual and although beauity is in the eye of the beholder I think the Ford GT draws people in even if they are not a car enthusiast just by it's looks alone. I for one was instantly drawn in. Now as for the HP gained as a result of the work recentlly preformed on my motor, I commissioned it solely for the sound, the Horse power gained as a result is just a bonus. HP numbers were never even in the conversation not even once. I truly dont care if the result of those cams, porting, larger valves, springs, ect, gained any Horse power or not silly as that may sound however im sure they did.
Lorenzo

Last edited:
H

HHGT

Can a hole be cut into the firewall to have the cam replaced while the motor is in the car?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Can a hole be cut into the firewall to have the cam replaced while the motor is in the car?

I doubt it. I would be far less costly to do the job by pulling the motor if you consider the lost resale value caused by cutting up the firewall! :ack

H

HHGT

I doubt it. I would be far less costly to do the job by pulling the motor if you consider the lost resale value caused by cutting up the firewall! :ack

How large is the cam? 2.5"!