Lift - 4 Post or other - Megathread

BJ Motor

*Supporting Vendor*
Jan 15, 2007
Manakin Sabot, Virginia
Bony posted about a lift that I purchased from Costco of All Places for $1695.00, here is the link below looks like they have gone up $200. I use it for the GT and it's great, took me about 6 hours to install and works off of 110V. Good Luck

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Produc...=0&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
got any links to places that are selling cheap?

Pls see my note on his post...

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Thanks guys, talked to bernie last nite and coudnt believe the costco thing till he forwarded bonys post. Looking into all of them, need installation too...
will keep you all informed. thanks guys for all your help. enjoy gtjoey 1314/0004:thumbsup.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
dannmar with all the goodies delivered for $2230....... I might have to try this one for the next lift

http://www.asedeals.com/garage_lift_d-7.html

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
We have a thread on this topic one page ago. Merging. :cheers

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
here is the dannmar with all the goodies from Northern tool for $1999 delivered (you must have a forklift as the website says).

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200349258_200349258

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
How many people have bolted down the posts? need to know as most installers are saying leave them free standing for movement. Thanks.. gtjoey 1314/0004:thumbsup

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
I have a backyardbddy and do not have it bolted. Don't see the need to bolt it.

cheapie Chinese lifts I MIGHT consider bolting.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
How many people have bolted down the posts? need to know as most installers are saying leave them free standing for movement. Thanks.. gtjoey 1314/0004:thumbsup

Joey,

I can really recommend this company. I have had many lifts and these are built extra sturdy, thicker steel plates and components are generally bigger than most others. The pricing is competitive.

I bought mine a few years ago at the PRI show and they were recommended to me by a few friends that had several of them.

I leave mine free standing and use the wheel kit. With the car on it one person can easily roll the hoist around in any direction.

http://stingerlifts.com/

G2%20MDPSTANDARDFEATURES1a.jpg

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Bendpak HD-9B with 116 between post width - GTJOEY make sure it is as wide as possible!

No Bolt

Danmarc on sales at Costco for ~$1,500

GTJoey - see other post on lifts as they are like buying a cell phone one member said :rofl. Check with ALI.org

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
And if space is a concern and you have several to store.
You buy 1 lift with he wheels and how ever many balcony "stands"
Roll the lift up to the balcony roll the car on your off the lift and let her donw to drive. Very easy compact and a whole lot less than buying several lifts.

shoenbalcony03.jpg

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
You buy 1 lift with he wheels and how ever many balcony "stands"
Roll the lift up to the balcony roll the car on your off the lift and let her donw to drive. Very easy compact and a whole lot less than buying several lifts.

shoenbalcony03.jpg

I have to be careful not to let my wife see this photo, because if she gets the idea I want to make "our" garage look like this, the "wife-fines" will be heavy...

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB

I have 3 of them and none are bolted down. Makes it handy to wheel over to the wash bay, drive the car on and clean the underside. :thumbsup

:cheers
Trent

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina

You buy 1 lift with the wheels and how ever many balcony "stands"

:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow I hope to grow up and be like you (or get away with it) :lol

Great idea!

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Backyard buddy not bolted down...has not been a problem.

Stu

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
Don't waste your time with bolts!! Have two without, there not going anywhere.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
We have 3 that are not bolted down. Very handy to be able to move them.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Don't waste your time with bolts!! Have two without, there not going anywhere.

I chose to bolt mine, earthquake land!

ve4mm

Sep 9, 2008
Winnipeg

Bolted Down, just like a commercial installation.

IMG_2212.jpg

IMG_2221.jpg

This is my second house, built just for my cars.

No one lives in the house.

My 00R is also part of my stash.

00R085.jpg

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

Whether you bolt it down or not depends on how you're going to use it, Joey. If you think you might wanna move it here or there to do this or that, having bolted it down will prove to be a pain. If you don't think you'll ever move it - or if you KNOW you never will - why not just bolt it down for whatever piece of mind that might bring? (That said, you don't live in 'quake country, so there's really no real PRESSING need to do that regardless IMO.)