Le Mans - Amazing

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Damn #60 has dropped to 5th place and is still in garage with starting problem. Matech #60 NEEDS A BRAKE. I'm rubbing my lucky 1942 silver 50 cent coin and praying.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Seems to be an oil pressure failure - car 60 has been retired - Ralphie

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
#60 Matech #60 GT just couldn't get a break!

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Great Race Matech!

Sorry to see all the GT out, but great racing at the 2010 Le Mans. Thanks to all for their efforts on trying to get the FGT back on the winner's podium! :cheers

Magic

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
BUMMER! It was fun to follow and I'm sure way more fun to be there.

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
Great race guys. MATECH is #1 regardless and will be back. Thanks to all you troopers out there suporting the team. Special thanks to Chip an Dave. We want more pics and want to buy some MATECH shirts and caps but the shopping cart on their site seems not to work!!! Enjoy the rest of your trip gang. :cheers

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
Our hearts go out to the Matech team, valiant effort all around.

Anybody know exactly what the differences are between GT1 and GT2 classes and will Matech be running the Ford GTs in next year's LeMans, since the GT1 class is being eliminated?

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
Great effort! I'm way proud of Matech and the entire team!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Our hearts go out to the Matech team, valiant effort all around.

Anybody know exactly what the differences are between GT1 and GT2 classes and will Matech be running the Ford GTs in next year's LeMans, since the GT1 class is being eliminated?

It looks like next year, the ACO will have only one GT category, thus having all the brands racing against each other in it. The specs haven't been worked out completely, but that seems to be the direction all the teams would like to have. I don't know if the FIA programs are also headed that way, but it would seem like a good way to go.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Completely new body needed...apart from the doors...everything replaced....1 hour lost,

Tremendous effort by Matech! It is a really tough race and the cars were very competitive from the outset.

Thanks to the entire team for representing the legendary Ford GT marque with such class! :thumbsup

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Good times, fast car, race fuel... what more could you want out of life? Pretty women... you had that too. Gentleman, you fought the good fight... it's time to go to a local tavern and laugh it off with friends. If you see the guy who rammed into the #60 car, feel free to start a brawl.

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
Wow. Bummer. John and I are just getting back in tonight; raced to the Forum to find out what's happening so we just found out the 2nd GT is out. Matech - great effort! Our Forum Brethren (and Sistren) have had nothing but glowing compliments of their time with you. And Chip - your proposition to the Forum membership to “chip” in $$ to sponsor the cars started this adventure for us. We have lived it vicariously; it was great fun and rekindled the camaraderie we have felt on this forum from the very beginning. We are proud of the efforts made. Matech is a class act and we appreciate all they did to make it this far! We’ll continue to follow them throughout the season. Thank you everyone.
Mr. & Lady Blue Moose

ObeyMyFast!

GT Owner's son
May 5, 2009
San Diego
It was a valiant effort.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ralphie, thank you for the pics. How is your French? Shame about the loss of all three cars. Still looks like a great time.

Aug 25, 2006
I see this as a beginning and a very "grand" one to say the least

Albeit disappointing, much was certainly learned and all came back safe and are able to exercise the gals once massaged another day.

Great job

Shadowman

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yeah, big shock, women can't drive.

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
1965 all over again. Good news, next year is 1966.

A lot of teams/cars retired.

Jags wouldn't even start. Can you say "Gumball"

Peugeot lost lead cars in P1. The last P1 Peugeot left worked hard to get on the same lap as the leading Audi all night and was gaining. At 7 am EST the Peugeot's engine let loose. Peugeot is packing up the truck now.

Thats LeMans.

My only gripe of the TV coverage on Speed is if your not into P1 you might as well put on bowling. Absolutely 0, ,nadda, nothing, zippo, ziltch in coverage of GT1 or GT2. :bored. Every now and then a picture would be flashed of a GT1 or 2 car. :frown

There is no way you can tell me there was no story line going on in GT1 or 2.

While I love the P1 cars. Cool as hell and they go like stink, I can't understand how most (really all) of the interest is with them by the Speed channel coverage when it's the GT1 and GT2 cars the guys watching can walk into the appropriate vendor and buy on Monday. Just don't get it.

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
They were so fast.It's a same really.
I was never so thrilled to watch the LeMans race.
I feel there pain ,they call that racing .Not that it makes us feel any better though.
The female team had some real talented drivers .Would hope they could come to the rally and instruct Fipikul!!!!
Anyway a great effort
Thank you all for sharing the excitement
Great shirts and stuff on the Matech site!
My bests to the team
Roketman

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
To speeds defense, they are stuck with what they get. The broadcast is the world feed, the announcers are in a studio in the US watching it just like us. F1 is done the same way.

My only gripe of the TV coverage on Speed is if your not into P1 you might as well put on bowling. Absolutely 0, ,nadda, nothing, zippo, ziltch in coverage of GT1 or GT2. :bored. Every now and then a picture would be flashed of a GT1 or 2 car. :frown

There is no way you can tell me there was no story line going on in GT1 or 2.

While I love the P1 cars. Cool as hell, I can't understand how most (really all) of the interest is with them by the Speed channel coverage when it's the GT1 and GT2 cars the guys watching can walk into the appropriate vendor and buy on Monday. Just don't get it.

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Then the gripe needs to go further down stream to the people in charge of the "feed".