Is There Anyone Out There with an Unmodified FGT?

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Atomic I also have the Cooper- 2006 S rag top with the JCW works package, 18"" all black wheels with run flats. Chrome hood scoop, and interior trim, Checkered race mats, painted wide true center stripes, chrome rally lights. Wife's'car but goes like stink. A lot of fun to drive!!

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Did you have a sudden apithony or something?!!!

I that like a rather tired epiphany?

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Ok I'll post on the modified GT thread :biggrin

Last edited:

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Atomic I also have the Cooper- 2006 S rag top with the JCW works package, 18"" all black wheels with run flats. Chrome hood scoop, and interior trim, Checkered race mats, painted wide true center stripes, chrome rally lights. Wife's'car but goes like stink. A lot of fun to drive!!

JCW Mini Cooper Ss ROCK. Incredibly fun to drive.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Nielda

In your retirement (which I am betting wil last less than a year), just don't start putting washers at the end of yoru shifter!

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10982

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
I have and had other cars that it was important to me to keep them bone stock....but thats not case with my GT...like you said, I'll never sell it.

Maybe I'll start another thread for who has the most mod's

Looks like a Swiss Army Knife :slap

...and I'm jealous as hell!!

Attachments

• P5030423.jpg
    P5030423.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 162

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I that like a rather tired epiphany?

Yup! :rofl 'Ackshully', I forgot to put the '.....' around it! :lol

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Looks like a Swiss Army Knife :slap

!!

:lol:lol

And .................... bone stock.

TifosiTed

GT Owner
Jul 30, 2007
Chicago Burbs
Add me to the list of totally stock. Even the axle bolts.

However, I did buy Shadowman's billet caps but have yet to install them.

Also, I do plan to change the exhaust to a stainless works system at some future date.

Comming up on one year of ownership and 1000 miles of pure enjoyment. No tickets yet which is amazing with a Heritage and racing numbers. (need some wood to knock on)

anya

NGT,GT/GTX1 Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
All the rolling stock is as god made it (except batteries) dont know how "original" the GTX1 is. Jim

R

roger1197

:biggrin

I'm stock, looks like I need the Trans. Cooler though after a weekend at the drag strip but as thats a Ford option I would still be 'stock'

I did a performance mod on my Saleen SC281 with JDM in New Jersey which gained very little on the track so dissapointed all round and lost big time on resale.

My 06 Roush Stage 3 Mustang is 'stock' Roush spec. and delivers street and track everytime and retains a reasonable resale.

Everything else we have is Eurocan and is worthless within 2 miles/5 minutes of driving away from the forecourt!!!!!!!!

:bored

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Swiss Army knives are red, I think the black FGT is Darth Vaders's Storm Trooper Empire Knife???

MG0427

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Central Florida
I think there are ton of car that are stock, most are garage queens, and most will almost never see the light of day, which is big shame. I think the modded cars are rarer, and special and unique(some can say one of kind). I have modded my car with Ford Racing products, but today I shipped out to Mr. Heffner for some Double T'S, I will be car #21 overall. I think thats pretty rare. But I also have all my original parts so I can back to stock if and when I choose. I never intend to sell the car; that will be up to my kids. So the money value doesn't matter to me, what matters to me is to enjoy the car. The investment/collectable issue is all BS/Fools gold. The made over 4000 of these, this isn't a Veryon or Enzo. These cars will always hold value, but if you want to make money go buy real estate or an Enzo etc. My 2 cents!

Mg

Last edited:

FFCobra

GT Owner
Jul 2, 2006
GA
Mine is 100% stock, including the transaxle bolts. 1 oil change and 9,800 miles. It will go in for its second oil change this week---then off to Mid Ohio!

I love my car the way it is. Goodyears and all.

- Bill

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
My Heritage is also stock.
Mr. Moose's white one is not.:biggrin
Mrs. Moose.

cmoody32

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 8, 2006
one stock one not

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
My Heritage is also stock.
Mr. Moose's white one is not.:biggrin
Mrs. Moose.

Nice to see a woman with all the original parts!
disco.gif

Out here in Brentwood and Beverly Hills, that is a rarity one does not encounter often!!!
catlady.gif

Are the Mooses coming to Vegas with their 2 FGTs?
burnrubber.gif

Last edited:

MorningFlight

Ford GT Owner
May 6, 2007
Rochester, NY
100% bone, factory, OEM, original, stock.

Ditto. Black with silver stripes, all options except for that hideous subwoofer. Don't listen to the radio much in that car anyway. Interferes with the exhaust note.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Another stocker, with Ford Racing transaxle cooler and Ford Racing (Borla) muffler installed by dealer as pre-delivery.

IMO, owners comments on the axle bolts being "stock" or "Accufab" is a moot point. The bolts are an identified and now known deficiency in the axle design. Accufab came out with a fix first, Ford now has an equally reliable fix as well. The bolts must be replaced either way and either upgrade fixes the problem. Owners believing holding on to the original (as shipped) bolts (version AA) to keep authenticity of their car are misguided. The bolts should be swapped out on every car with either of the replacement options available to us owners. Bolt replacement is not an authenticity issue but mandatory, IMO.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Another stocker, with Ford Racing transaxle cooler and Ford Racing (Borla) muffler installed by dealer as pre-delivery.

IMO, owners comments on the axle bolts being "stock" or "Accufab" is a moot point. The bolts are an identified and now known deficiency in the axle design. Accufab came out with a fix first, Ford now has an equally reliable fix as well. The bolts must be replaced either way and either upgrade fixes the problem. Owners believing holding on to the original (as shipped) bolts (version AA) to keep authenticity of their car are misguided. The bolts should be swapped out on every car with either of the replacement options available to us owners. Bolt replacement is not an authenticity issue but mandatory, IMO.

'Safe bet everyone agrees with you 100% on that, Indy. I think the references above re: having the stock 'bolts wasn't a statement of intent to keep 'em on the car, but rather they were, "just saying", if you see what I mean.

I doubt anyone would opt to keep the defective origionals installed.:cheers