Is There Anyone Out There with an Unmodified FGT?

YoungCEO

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 9, 2008
Whittier,Ca
Just ordered another mod.. my license plate now reads.... 1N BAD GT... Should be here in about 6 weeks.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
In case Shelby #18 doesn't read or respond to this thread, his Blue GT is totally stock................. except for the following modifications :biggrin:biggrin GTX1, Butterfly doors, lowered, aero, shocks, exhaust, wheels, tires, dashboard, instrument panel, console, carbon fiber interior and exterior pieces, TRUNK, seats, full interior, carpet, mats, shifter, flag painted on the passenger air bag cover piece, whipple, trans cooler, fire supression, keys, plus other stuff I have overlooked and of course some secret stuff. Rick's X1 has to be the most optioned GT in the World. It is personally tailored to Rick's taste and in a word, breathtaking. Seeing his car in person is another reason to not miss the Rally :cheers

Ya, but just a weekend's work would put it back to stock no problemo!:rofl

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Ford trans cooler, Ford racing exhaust, Ford short throw shifter. Is that stock?

But no bottle holders.

...... :skep :skep :skep :skep......:screwy: :screwy: :screwy:

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
I have a completely stock, Shelby G.T.350, no mods, all 100% original parts, price keeps rising on this car. Had it at the Rally II night at hte Petersen Museum. There is a lot to be said about unmodified autos and resale.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Atomic,
Post at pic of your red dots...

FGTreddot.jpg

H

HHGT

Just ordered another mod.. my license plate now reads.... 1N BAD GT... Should be here in about 6 weeks.

I like it Jeff:thumbsup:thumbsup. Just make sure the spacing is done correctly.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Hey Eric, if you keep up this no-modification encouragement stuff, I'm gonna start tellin' people not to use ladders or ride motorcycles or all those other vices that lead to broken bones....:willy

H

HHGT

Here is the other red dot...

Attachments

• hs050681ind.jpg
    hs050681ind.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 168

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
There is a lot to be said about unmodified autos and resale.

I agree with that 100%, but even then a car is still a bad investment. So I buy cars to enjoy without too much thought to resell value. I consider buying new cars as either a necessary transportation expense, or a luxury expenditure, but not an investment.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Have to agree with the Iceman

YoungCEO

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 9, 2008
Whittier,Ca
That red dot would look much better with a bumper delete.:willy:rofl:lol

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
My Red/white stripes 2005 #1967 is 100% stock. I have done the axle bolt recall.

Darin

Atomic,
Post at pic of your red dots...

93, can you get the same kind of ride mileage out of the "other red dot" :banana

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
That red dot would look much better with a bumper delete.:willy:rofl:lol

Only on the Streets of Whittier! Bought a orignal mechanical Rochester Fuel Injector for a 1958 Corvette from a guy in Whittier in 1992. Last time I was in Whittier, so looking forward to the SteveA "Going Away Shower" at the WCC.

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Maybe he deleted his post, he wrote that cars are a luxury or transportation. I agree.

I use my Blackberry with an International data package on ATT. Everywhere you will be going you will have a connection short of the open seas.

Your moderator is always watching you :)

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Found it, BlackIce - Iceman

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
You're in profoundly good company Atomic... mine is stock too.

I added the (Ford) transaxle cooler, but that's it.

The GT is fast enough for me so I don't feel the need to enhance its performance - also I prefer my cars to be as original as possible, as the designers intended.

Whilst I would agree with the sentiment that the resale value is meaningless, you are right in that original cars are seen as more precious than modified cars - it's not the reason I don't touch mine.

My chums F40 featured hereabouts, is completely stock, down to the last nut and bolt, he has no intention of selling it (owned it from new), but it's one of the most valuable F40's as a consequence of his restraint.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
My mods are done without regards for resale or collectability. All for my shear pleasure.

My hand guns are also highly modified. I will confess that all the wines in the cellar areb stock as well as my shotguns.

No kids, no pets, no heirs,
I'll let my beneficary foundations worry about selling off my sheeeeeet. :)

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
bony, you can adopt me, I will promise to take care of all your stuff!

You know, I am starting to feel like I am a member of a family again, thanks guys for keeping some FGTs original !!

Although, I must say, some of the FGTs are amazing with the mods, I still think the Black Bird is a one of a kind concept that is simply awesome.

Last edited:

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
Add me to the list of the woeful few who haven't done anything. Haven't changed bolts yet,and still have original oil. ( Actually planning to schedule that work in the next few weeks. )

I did " install " some non-Ford " Ford " floor mats from Walmart. Does that count?

I am afraid a lot of you guys are in whole different league from us " stockers".

I also have a totally stock '72 Pantera - try finding one of those that hasn't been modified, and an un-restored stock '68 Shelby GT500. Both of these cars are available for the right price. Might give me some dough to do some modifcations!

Nelson, you and I are on the same wavelength ... My FGT is bone stock with the (easily reversable) addition of the Ford transaxle cooler, which I view as a real necessity for these car's long term mechanical well being. I also have a one re-paint (original color silver) '72 Pantera THPNMA03041 that is 100% original down to the OEM carb, steel valve covers with DeTomaso cast "plaques" and Pirelli tires. I've owned it since '74.

It's amazing to see Ford's technical "progress" from the rather crude and unsophisticated mid-engined,351 Cleveland Pantera to this engineering marvel ... the Ford GT.

usmcfred

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
My hand guns are also highly modified. I will confess that all the wines in the cellar areb stock as well as my shotguns.

Say WHAT???????:eek:eek:eek

I seem to recall you expressing a distaste for guns?

Did you have a sudden apithony or something?!!!