Headlights

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
I would try some plastic polish; I know mothers/meguiars make this polish...not the headlight re-do kits but actual plastic polish.

Plastic polishes are used on watch crystals and can make plastic go from opaque to clear; and even remove deep gouges.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Kayvan, the scratches/glue/whatever it is is on the inside. You can't get at it.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Any part that costs $1500 should be perfect in my opinion

BTW, I saw the order on the computer and dealer "retail" is about $2500 per headlight...

:eek Yes EACH ONE!!!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Well, they jacked the price up again cause last November when my first set came in the dealer retail price was $1500.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Well, they jacked the price up again cause last November when my first set came in the dealer retail price was $1500.

Ford had to recover the lower margins on the tachs! :lol

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Current retail price -

RH $ 2189.72
LH $ 1824.77

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Current retail price -

RH $ 2189.72
LH $ 1824.77

Interesting that the left and right have different prices. Aren't they just mirror images of one another? The production costs should be the same.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Interesting that the left and right have different prices. Aren't they just mirror images of one another? The production costs should be the same.

Don't try to follow logic where it doesn't exist Clinton.

canuck

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2006
Writting 100 backwards on the right takes more skill.
(In case you didn't notice the lights are designed to look like 100 for Fords anniversary and that is why they cost so much specially the right one)

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Don't try to follow logic where it doesn't exist Clinton.

Maybe Ford is using logic, the RH is low in supply.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Current retail price -

RH $ 2189.72
LH $ 1824.77

I guess each dealer just type in their price multiplier on their underlying computer parts system?

So, in effect, us West Coasters get SIGNIFICANTLY different prices, than say, Dr. Frank, who might have seen or been quoted around $1500 each?

I only saw the screen for a brief glance, but I thought it listed retail as $2300+, at my dealer.

Wow, I wouldn't have thought the gouging spread could vary by $800- $900 for a part that costs under $2K...

Last edited:

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Maybe Ford is using logic, the RH is low in supply.

My point was totally lost.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
my point was totally lost.

give it up torrie, it's not worth the headache trying to explain it. (again)

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

The price might have gone up because they spent several hundred thousand dollars re-tooling the headlight. I don't know, but I do know they spent a bunch of money getting them going again.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
What do the Matech guys use (for headlights)? I'd rather have that look, plus I could shelve the $2K OEs.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18281

Last edited:

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
I think I mentioned, I had mine finally replaced by the dealership. There are some little blemishes inside but its much better than what I had. Then a few weeks later I wanted them to document the flaws and the guy told me that Ford refused to pay them for it and the Dealership got stuck with the bill!!! Thsi was really strange. SO, I sent him the actual authorization when it was documented while under waranty and did not hear back from them. I like the Matec Lights too.